Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Gaian

"Lincoln, the United States answer to threats from alien races, is led by none other than the Commander; a Time Lord with nowhere else to go until Gallifrey is found again. Join in the adventures of the Commander and the Lincoln team as they face off Weevils, Cybermen, and many more."

This fanfiction is more of a spinoff. It's set parallel to the events happening from 9th Doctor forwards. I'm trying to avoid interaction with Who characters so as to not mess up the storyline for Doctor Who, but I make no promises on how long that'll last.
The full first chapter is way too big to post here, so I put it here for simplicity.

emotion_kirakira I hope you, the reader, enjoys it.

Snippet:

“Time and space, huh? Does that mean it’s a spaceship?” his questioned was answered with an ecstatic nod, which urged him to continue his train of thought. “And a… time-ship? Time machine, even?” when he received another nod he felt slightly more confident, beginning to smile. “That’s… amazing, but we really should get back to the others…”

“Oh, like they’ll know we’ve gone anywhere! It’s time and space, remember? I could get us there at any time I wanted!” she finally spoke with glee, beginning to hop around the entire console, pressing buttons and pulling levers. “You should hold on!” she called to him, laughing as the ship began to jerk.

He desperately clung onto a rail beside him, observing how her white shirt no longer had any blood on it. He’d just have to check it off as an alien thing, he guessed. He’d also have to put erratic behavior, overbearing giddiness, and childish antics on that list. He just wondered where she was taking him, and why he even trusted her to begin with.

It wasn’t long until she began slowing down, locking things into place as the TARDIS steadied out. Tony was able to let go of the railing as she checked everything, mumbling to herself and nodding. “Alright, we’re ready. I’ve extended the oxygen field a bit so we can walk out a little further.”

“That sounds nice and reassuring,” he said quietly, frowning in apprehension. He wasn’t sure he actually did want this. He had no idea where they were… or when. He couldn’t fight his overwhelming curiosity, though.

The Commander offered him a reassuring smile, as if she knew he was uncertain, and offered her hand to him. He took it without hesitation, letting her pull him along to the door. “You ready?” she asked him, offering him a grin.

“Not really,” he said, smiling nervously. Her enthusiasm was a little contagious, but he couldn’t help but to be scared of what was beyond those doors.

“Oh well,” she quipped with a grin, pushing the door open and dragging him with her.
As they emerged through the door Tony felt his breath hitch in his throat; floating in front of them, thousands of miles away, was the Earth. Beneath his feet was the moon. “You’ve gotta be kidding me,” he said in amazement, looking around them. “I’m on the moon.”

The response he got was a solid punch in the shoulder.

“What the hell!” he exclaimed, holding onto his arm and frowning at her.

“What?” shrugging innocently, she motioned around them. “This is real. I thought something you humans did was put yourselves in pain when you think you’re dreaming.”

“That’s just a saying!” he informed her, shaking his head. “I didn’t need you to punch me. I believe this.”

“Oh. Good. Right on, then,” she was obviously surprised at how accepting he was of what was happening to him. She left him standing alone to walk out five more feet, stopping and turning to him. “This is where the field extended to. Go any further and you’ll die.”

“Oh, you’re a very cheeky woman,” he stated, grimacing. “I’m fine here, thanks.”

“Yeah, don’t blame you,” she said, going back to him and sitting down. “Not too exciting, this. It’s just the moon.”

“What could be better than this? Not many people get to stand on the moon,” he replied, crouching beside her. “This is absolutely fantastic.”

“No, that’s fantastic,” she amended, pointing at the Earth. “That lot down there, the human race. No idea what’s going on around them. They aren’t alone in the universe, and they know it, somewhere deep down inside of them, but they don’t care. They keep on living their lives, doing what they do best: surviving. And that’s what they should be doing. They don’t need to know about the rest of us out there in the universe. Not yet. And that’s what we do, Tony Miner. We keep them from finding out, as best we can. We save them, we help them, we do whatever they need us to do, and then we go home at the end of the day with no one the wiser. We aren’t appreciated; we’re unknown to all but the highest of authorities. This isn’t a job for glory seekers.”

“No,” he agreed, overwhelmed by the significance of the moment. “But it is a glorious job.”

The Commander smiled at his words, nodding and standing up. “You’re right in that. You’re very accepting of all of this. Most people would have more questions.”

“Well, I have no choice but to believe in the evidence of my own eyes,” he informed her, looking back at the Earth. “As far as I can tell, you’ve transported me from somewhere down there,” he pointed at the planet, “To here. That’s enough proof for me.”

She flashed him a grin as he looked back at her, motioning to the ship. “Welcome to Lincoln, Tony. Ready to head back?”

Anxious Trash

17,025 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
omg I love doctor who emotion_drool

Omnipresent Gaian

Chapter 2 -- Chicago Cybermen -- Parts 1 and 2

Chapter 2 has been published in its entirety! I hope you enjoy the beginnings of friendship in this chapter, and expect to learn much more about our protagonists in the next...

The Commander from the future visited him first; the Commander from the present visited him directly after. A weird start to an even weirder day, in Tony's opinion. The Rift started acting up all across the northern States, and so the Commander ordered them to split up into Chicago, New York City, and Detroit.

No one expected to find a complete sect of working Cybermen underneath the streets of Chicago, though...

It may be a little tricky to get out of this situation.

You can find the fanfiction, and all of its chapters, here.

Anxious Trash

17,025 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Antiscian
pooopsooop
omg I love doctor who emotion_drool

so read the story? x3
yeah! loved it <333

Omnipresent Gaian

x3
Currently Working On

[1] Welcome to Lincoln (published Dec. 11, 2013)
    An introduction to the Lincoln team, its newest member, and its leader.

[2] Chicago Cybermen 1 (published Dec. 30, 2013)
    YOU WILL BE DE-LE-TED!

[3] Chicago Cybermen 2 (published Jan. 10, 2013)
    DELETE! DELETE!

[4] Tales from a Closet -- Roswell, NM 1
    Be prepared for back story. This chapter and its sister chapter are going to enlighten you more about Tony and the Commander.

[5] Tales from a Closet -- Roswell, NM 2

[6] Boston Tea Party 1 (TENTATIVE)

[7] Boston Tea Party 2 (TENTATIVE)

[8] Minisode 1 -- Smells like Time Lord Spirit
    Something tells me the Commander wouldn't miss when every human on Earth turned into the Master... or Gallifrey in the skies.

[9] Minisode 2 -- Harriet Jones, Former Prime Minister
    Harriet Jones is a personal favorite character. It was unfortunate she had to die... wink

[10] Daytona Daleks 1
    EX-TERM-I-NATE!

[11] Daytona Daleks 2
    EXTERMINATE!

[12] Daytona Daleks 3
    EXTERMINATE!!!

[13] No Time for Goodbyes (TENTATIVE/UNDECIDED)
    The finale for the first installment. The setup for the stand alone titles. It isn't every day you get a message asking for help through a Hypercube...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff