Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Raider

So I've been trying ot write a fanfiction for some time now, but the thing is I don't know how to start the story whatsoever. I was hoping some other writers would be willing to help me!

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Starting is always the hardest part. I like to do one of two things, I either start off with something that seems mundane but is actually relevant to the story. (For example, if the story is about an alien that falls to Earth, then I'll begin with another character watched the news or maybe a meteor shower with a friend and they see the alien craft fall to Earth without even knowing its an alien craft.) Or, I will begin in the middle of a scene (usually an action scene) and let the reader play catch-up. (For example, if the story is about an alien invasion, I will begin the story in the middle of a battle and then go back and tell half of the story or all of the story in flashback.)

Loyal Raider

With how my story is starting I actually like the idea of the first one, it seems like a really good idea. You see in the first chapter the main protagonist will be introduced but mysteriously. If that really makes sense

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff