Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Fatcat

Violent Crow
Lots of sun
Laitie

Bahaha, that's funny. I just poured my soul out to the internets in the form of a fanfiction and ppl are too nervous to review it? Psh, lol!

RIGHT!

You work so hard editing and writing and you hope that maybe a few of the people that view your fic will at least give you feedback. I get frustrated when I look at the views and its 40-60 and there isn't a single review.. it can be discouraging.

Yeah, I understand that all too well. When I get a bunch of views an not a single person leaves any feedback I start to feel like maybe all of the days I spent tweaking and revising that one chapter was useless because what I wrote STILL isn't any good. It is discouraging, but it's not like people can be forced to review.

its kind of sad because we try our best and no review or even criticism , makes me wonder if people even want to read what i write u.u

Feral Flatterer

Amarathiine
Violent Crow

Yeah, I understand that all too well. When I get a bunch of views an not a single person leaves any feedback I start to feel like maybe all of the days I spent tweaking and revising that one chapter was useless because what I wrote STILL isn't any good. It is discouraging, but it's not like people can be forced to review.

its kind of sad because we try our best and no review or even criticism , makes me wonder if people even want to read what i write u.u

I know what you mean. Not receiving feedback feels a bit like you're getting the cold shoulder from your readers. sweatdrop

For what it's worth, I always leave a review containing constructive feedback. If you'd like, I could take a look at your work. That's only if you'd feel comfortable with that, though.

Tipsy Fatcat

Violent Crow
Amarathiine
Violent Crow

I know what you mean. Not receiving feedback feels a bit like you're getting the cold shoulder from your readers. sweatdrop

For what it's worth, I always leave a review containing constructive feedback. If you'd like, I could take a look at your work. That's only if you'd feel comfortable with that, though.

O really, I have a friend that helps me beta coz I dont know where to place my words but I would appriciate it so much

Phantom

Eh, I dunno. It's nice getting feedback, but I don't usually look at (or put much stock into) the amount of views any of my stories get. And well, that's mainly because when I read other people's stories, often times I'll end up opening a bunch of them all at once in different tabs, and very frequently I'll end up having to reload the pages when I get to reading them, or I'll end up opening them on my phone when I'm out, or I'll bookmark them for later and then come back and read them... etc...

...and basically, I'll probably end up hitting up that view counter a few notches even though when I actually get to reading the story, I tend to read it only once (unless it becomes one of my absolute faves, in which case, I have gone back to reread some stories for the joy of it!).

Oh yeah, and if a story gets updated, depending on the story and the length of time between updates, I may end up re-reading the previous chapter or two (more like skimming through it), just to remind myself of what's been going on and get back in the flow of the story for the new chapter.

So yeah, that's why I don't bother looking at view count.

As for reviews/faves, I do enjoy getting them (who doesn't?). Maybe it's 'cause of where I post, but I almost always get at least one piece of feedback per story (there's only one story I can think of where I got absolutely no response for it, and to be fair, it wasn't one of my best stories, and it was in a very fast moving category... but you know, that was so long ago, I don't really care anymore). Guess what I'm trying to say is that I trust in my writing and storytelling - if I post something now-a-days, it's something that I like, I believe is good, and if others enjoy it too, then great!

I still get faves and reviews for my older works from years ago (and heh, I decided to take a peek at my most popular story on ff.net, putting on the filters of "All Ratings" and "Sort by Favorite", and no other filters, and my story is on the 7th page [top 175 stories], which is pretty decent, considering there's almost 18k stories in that category). It's always fun getting a random fave or review to a story I didn't expect anyone to still be reading, and so long after I posted it! Most of my stories are one-shots!

Feral Flatterer

Amarathiine

O really, I have a friend that helps me beta coz I dont know where to place my words but I would appriciate it so much

Go ahead and link your story or feel free to pm me. 3nodding
I would love some feedback on my fics... However, the fandom I currently write in doesn't receive much in the way of attention.

Right now, all of my fics are on hiatus until I give a particular fic of mine an overhaul. Once that's finished, I can get to completing it...and then finish up another fic of mine after an overhaul of its own. That fic won't need as much, thank goodness.

Dedicated Conversationalist

12,350 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
Kadaj5
I would love some feedback on my fics... However, the fandom I currently write in doesn't receive much in the way of attention.

Right now, all of my fics are on hiatus until I give a particular fic of mine an overhaul. Once that's finished, I can get to completing it...and then finish up another fic of mine after an overhaul of its own. That fic won't need as much, thank goodness.

I've got a canoe trip tommorow morning but I'd be willing to read and review your stories when I get home tommorow afternoon.
Akari Kibou
Kadaj5

I've got a canoe trip tommorow morning but I'd be willing to read and review your stories when I get home tommorow afternoon.

I appreciate the offer...and I accept. I will provide a link to my profile accordingly.
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2299874/Kadaj5

Several things you need to know before going through with this: "Ojamajo: The Fusion Incident" is the fic that's going through a heavy overhaul right now. "Pop's Mansion" will go through a light overhaul of its own later on. "Ojamajo Doremi: Purity and Taint" is only in its prologue; I'll give that an overhaul as well once I get back to writing it since many glaring flaws were identified by a reviewer. "Duo of Pranksters" is a two-shot that I plan on expanding later and gives backstory for my self-insertions (for what that's worth). "Something's in the Misora Sewers" is pure old shame and not worth reviewing; its only purpose right now is to remind me to always do a good job. "Verz Incident" is old shame; its only purpose is to be compared to its Redux. "Nightmare in Ponyville" also needs an overhaul but I plan on transferring it to FimFiction once that's finished.

In short, the fics I want feedback on are "Purity and Taint" and "Pop's Mansion". "Fusion Incident" can accept the feedback when the overhaul is done, but should best be avoided for now.

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Gah I feel so bad that I'm just now getting back to uploading my fics. I usually dedicated the summer to doing them but I decided to switch it up and do my original stuff this year. It made the plot bunnies for fics grow strong D:

But I decided to redo the first few oneshots of my God Eater Burst/2 collection. Why in the world did I publish them so sloppy gonk

User Image

Newbie Millionaire

I'd love for someone to check out my fan fiction. The link is in my sig if anyone's interested. I write mostly erotic and gore, sometimes both, sometimes neither. It's not all the same so feel free to check it out. I'd love some feed back from other talented writers so that I can improve.

12,350 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
Kadaj5
Akari Kibou
Kadaj5

I appreciate the offer...and I accept. I will provide a link to my profile accordingly.
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2299874/Kadaj5

Several things you need to know before going through with this: "Ojamajo: The Fusion Incident" is the fic that's going through a heavy overhaul right now. "Pop's Mansion" will go through a light overhaul of its own later on. "Ojamajo Doremi: Purity and Taint" is only in its prologue; I'll give that an overhaul as well once I get back to writing it since many glaring flaws were identified by a reviewer. "Duo of Pranksters" is a two-shot that I plan on expanding later and gives backstory for my self-insertions (for what that's worth). "Something's in the Misora Sewers" is pure old shame and not worth reviewing; its only purpose right now is to remind me to always do a good job. "Verz Incident" is old shame; its only purpose is to be compared to its Redux. "Nightmare in Ponyville" also needs an overhaul but I plan on transferring it to FimFiction once that's finished.

In short, the fics I want feedback on are "Purity and Taint" and "Pop's Mansion". "Fusion Incident" can accept the feedback when the overhaul is done, but should best be avoided for now.

Ok, I'll be posting reviews under the pen name Rowen Inc
Akari Kibou

Just read the reviews. In order:

"Purity and Taint": One of the glaring flaws I mentioned was the fact that the discussion came off as an infodump and bore the risk of driving off the readers. I also could have written it in a more active tone so as to keep reader interest high. As I said earlier, I plan to revise the prologue when I get back to writing the fic. You aren't the first one to say it has potential, and I personally believe it has a lot of potential in its own right; to that end, I've taken to making it as well-written as possible so that its potential doesn't go to waste. As the story goes on, I will need to know if I'm wasting any good plots/characters (Exception: One character gets amnesia and happens to be the previous antagonist; that plot has been done before in "Past Sins" by PenStrokePony, so I'm going to avoid it). I do appreciate the support, thank you!

"Pop's Mansion": To understand fic proper, I recommend reading the entire thing from beginning to end when you've get the time. While it does start off like "Luigi's Mansion", the story itself takes several detours from that game's plot and adds a few other elements from another fic I read. It also goes into a different depth than the game proper. I will finish it once "Fusion Incident" is completed since the last few chapters of that fic contain massive spoilers from the ending to "Fusion Incident". I will let you know when I get that fic's overhaul done. Until then, take care.

I will try and give some of your fics a read, but it take a while.

12,350 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
Kadaj5
Akari Kibou

Just read the reviews. In order:

"Purity and Taint": One of the glaring flaws I mentioned was the fact that the discussion came off as an infodump and bore the risk of driving off the readers. I also could have written it in a more active tone so as to keep reader interest high. As I said earlier, I plan to revise the prologue when I get back to writing the fic. You aren't the first one to say it has potential, and I personally believe it has a lot of potential in its own right; to that end, I've taken to making it as well-written as possible so that its potential doesn't go to waste. As the story goes on, I will need to know if I'm wasting any good plots/characters (Exception: One character gets amnesia and happens to be the previous antagonist; that plot has been done before in "Past Sins" by PenStrokePony, so I'm going to avoid it). I do appreciate the support, thank you!

"Pop's Mansion": To understand fic proper, I recommend reading the entire thing from beginning to end when you've get the time. While it does start off like "Luigi's Mansion", the story itself takes several detours from that game's plot and adds a few other elements from another fic I read. It also goes into a different depth than the game proper. I will finish it once "Fusion Incident" is completed since the last few chapters of that fic contain massive spoilers from the ending to "Fusion Incident". I will let you know when I get that fic's overhaul done. Until then, take care.

I will try and give some of your fics a read, but it take a while.

Don't rewrite the prologue, it's fine the way it is. And take your time with my stories. If you're going to read the Ronin Warriors fanfics start off with "Densetsu no Hosshiko Sorano" then "Fushichou Agaru" then "Ai Dake Ga Dekiru Hazu" The good news is that you can also read them individually as a standalone story as well.

Wild Spirit

17,500 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Party Animal 100
https://www.fanfiction.net/~ladyfionnavar

I'm Lady Fionnavar on there. I haven't posted a fic in a while, but now I'm inspired to write a samurai champloo (fuugen) fic. I'm writing the first chapter atm. I'm also thinking of making a 'secret of moonacre' fanfic, but we'll see. I was writing my own stuff hence no fanfics. But I want to get back into it whenever I have time.

What series I've written a fic for: vision of escaflowne, weiss cruz, spirited away and LOTR.
I truly miss the days hen fanfiction.net allowed us to make 'bloopers/deleted scenes/what really happened' in X series. It was funny. I still have a list of some of mine. Who remembers this?

Things to know: my escaflowne and spirited away fics had more chapters I hadn't posted yet, but the comp they were on is screwed up and won't turn on normally. I haven't had the time/money/ external memory drive to get the contents of the hard drive, so its in storage 'till I can. When I get them out (*sniff*someday*sniff*), I'll post them. I promise.

Ice-Cold Superhero

18,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
Hello! I recently joined fanfiction.net. My (only) story hasn't been posted yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff