14/07/2013 - Day 2
After an abysmal first attempt at minecraft resulted in my ungendered square being (USB) horribly burning to death, I decide to continue my journey, with somewhat less panache (that’s a fancy word for ‘reckless courage’). Knowledge! Knowledge is what I require. Knowledge to navigate and master this three dimensional square world before its lurking dangers are the doom of me. After spending several gruelling minutes online, trawling through videos and forums on how to actually play this game, I was ready. My training was complete.

Time to log back in. The familiar three dimensional block-like world appears in front of me in all its colourful glory. No time to revel though, I need wood, lots of wood. To the trees I venture! Ninja chopping them down as easily as Mr Miagi would judo chop down a small disabled child. But how much wood should I take? Surely I should stock up in case I need extra in the future? Well, scouts taught me to ‘always be prepared’ and Australian Dave (a sex obsessed friend of mine) would always say ‘you can never have too much wood’. Taking this sage advice I begin chopping down trees like a Brazilian in the amazon. Before long I find myself with so much wood that I like to think would make even Australian Dave nod his head in silent approval. Then something peculiar happens.

Click on the following link to read the rest of the story (with colourful pictures) http://amiquo.com/post/8599