Welcome to Gaia! ::

low iq 111
N3bu
low iq 111
N3bu
low iq 111

the eradication of those diseases also coincided with better sanitation, and the industrial age, and the premiere episode of sesame street... rolleyes

So?

so therefor vaccinations aren't what is curing those illnesses, it's clearly sesame street

Except Sesame street didn't air in the vast majority of countries from which Small-pox was eradicated.

Also, sesame street has nothing to do with Small-Pox, but with your logic, I'm not sure why that would stop you.

except people still get sick even after getting vaccinated that's supposed to make them immune to that same exact illness smile

There is a known failure rate in vaccination simply as a result of biological variation and not producing the proper immune response for antibody production as a result of the vaccination, but this is a rather small rate. The more problematic, large scale failure of the vaccine is caused by too small of a population being vaccinated, leaving a large enough pool of infected individuals to produce novel mutations which render previous vaccination irrelevant [which is what causes the vaccine-derived polio outbreaks you keep linking].

Omnipresent Warlord

low iq 111
Omnileech
low iq 111
Omnileech
low iq 111

Proof plz

You need proof for "herd immunity?" Do you know why Polio isn't prevalent in the United States anymore? How about tetanus?

http://www.vaccinestoday.eu/vaccines/what-is-herd-immunity/

i need proof that 'only the people w/o polio vaccinations will be vulnerable'

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/10/08/us-nigeria-polio-idUSLAU88516220071008
Quote:
Nigeria fights rare vaccine-derived polio outbreak

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-21207601
Quote:

But with naturally occurring polio cases now so low there is a minority which claims the oral live vaccine is causing significant harm.

Dr Jacob Puliyel, a paediatrician in Delhi, wrote in the Indian Journal of Medical Ethics last year that "the polio eradication programme epitomises nearly everything that is wrong with donor-funded 'disease specific' vertical projects, at the cost of investments in community-oriented primary care".

Dr Puliyel said the money spent on fighting polio in India would have been put to better use on water, sanitation and routine immunisation.

appears to me it isn't the vaccines but sanitation

You didn't even bother reading the source I linked?

People vaccinated against Polio can not get or spread polio they are immune the people who ARE getting Polio in third world countries are getting it because they are not vaccinated against it

That Dr. Puliyel says that he thinks that targeting a specific disease is inefficient and resources should be allocated to increase quality of life in the area instead of eliminating Polio. Do you have basic reading comprehension?

your link talks about it as a theory, it mentions nothing of polio or any hard proof

yes he says that why? because the vaccines were distributed and people still had polio-like symptoms

i read your link, it appears you didn't read mine

Quote:
Dr Puliyel blames the polio vaccine for a sharp rise in India of cases of Acute Flaccid Paralysis - weakness or inability to move limbs.

Stretching goalposts there. The link explains what vaccinations do and why they work. You seem to think that all vaccinations don't do anything and any medical benefit from vaccinations are from ... higher standards of living? Prove that s**t. And Flaccid paralysis isn't solely caused by polio, either. So go ahead. You tell me. What disease has been wiped off nearly from the face of the planet that can solely be attributed to sanitation? Provide "proof" not "theory" or "conjecture" because nearly everything you've said so far in this thread is a lie.

Golden Gekko

Oh my goodness not another un-educated loony telling people not to vaccinate their children. *deep sigh* I'll try my best to stay calm while responding because I've done a lot of research into this subject and there is absolutely no strong evidence that vaccines CAUSE autism or are even CORRELATE to autism diagnoses.

Most of the studies that you provided that "prove" vaccines are linked to Autism only show very moderate and weak links. There is no definitive evidence. And pretty much all say there could be link but more research is needed. So basically the research that is proving this point is only saying that they could see a link but the research they did wasn't really successful so other research should be done. lol

Also at least half of these studies mentioned the sensitivity of thimerosal. Many argue this leads to Autism because it's mercury and toxic. The mercury within thimerosal is ethymercury, which has much lower levels of mercury that leave the body faster. The main concern when mercury is methymercury, which is not present at all in vaccines. Though from heightened concerns and as a precautionary measure, thimerosal has been removed from childhood vaccines since 2001. So the studies presented either are extremely old and out-dated, or are completed by un-educated scientists, since thimerosal is an irrelvant topic in austim-vaccine debate.

So half of those studies could be thrown out right then and there because they're arguing that thimerosal (or mercury) within the vaccine is the causing factor, yet is no longer in these vaccines. So why then are Autism rates the same as back in 2000 when thimerosal was in the vaccine. Looks like Autism cannot be attributed to that.

I'm uncertain why you pulled the Hepatitis B study from the others to focus on when all that can be read is the abstract.

What must be kept in mind while considering any research article is that biases can play roles as well as ineffective methodogies. So don't jump into believing these articles without considering what could have influenced result...or even the significance of the results. Many of these studies presented are in my opinion inconclusive because they only show and suggested relationship, nothing stronger. There may easily be a third variable factor playing a role in Autism. Or even genetic predispositions.

https://blackboard.du.edu/bbcswebdav/pid-551235-dt-content-rid-2248748_1/courses/4430.201430/Vaccination%20nation.pdf

Check out this article if you would like a very thorough review of the Autism-Vaccine debate.

thank you for whoever read through this entirely. I appreciate your interest in this.

10,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
There isn't really a link. It's better to have that kid live and be relatively healthy, than to have them die from a disease or be in painful agony for the rest of their lives. I always found it odd when parents are so against vaccinations. Not only will you harm your child, but you may harm everyone around them. Vaccinations aren't full proof, but they're the best protection we have. Viruses may become increasingly resistant, but we're coming up with 'updated' versions of vaccines as well. Still much better to have it than not. Autism isn't really something you can pick up like that. Kind of feels like the 'you'll become gay if you even talk to someone who is' thing. It sounds bogus.

Fated Swordsman

Nymph of Life
Discuss:
Vaccination and it's links to Autism
There isn't one. /Discussion
Fact: There is no link between Autism and Vaccines. The myth was created by a guy who was trying to discredit the MMR vaccine so he could pawn off three separate Mumps, Measles, and Rubella vaccines that he was trying to get to catch on, and because he was being paid to lie about it.

Fact: There is a link between an increase in Mumps, Measles, and Rubella outbreaks and Anti-Vaxxer idiots sprouting up everywhere.

Fact: There is a link between deaths caused by Anti-Vaxxers not vaccinating their children and children with immunodeficiency syndromes who can't get vaccines actually getting sick from the children who should have been vaccinated and subsequently dying.

Idiots are murderers.

Correlation is not causation. If it was, then Veganism would be a far more likely culprit, because the rise in veganism actually tracks far better with Autism than vaccines do. And there's actually a scientific reason for it - lack of B-12 and Creatine in vegan mothers' diets stunting brain development.
ugh I hate the autism debate.

I don't vaccinate my son and I was never vaccinated, and it had nothing to do with autism.

I don't vaccinate because of how vaccines are designed and how they can effect our bodies.

I think a lot of people are ignorant to how "vaccine preventable diseases" work. If my son gets measles or mumps...I would take him to the doctor. Just like I would for any other ailment. They're not necessarily fatal. The common cold causes more deaths.

Also, the measles outbreaks being caused by antivaxers is bullshit. #1, 20 cases of measles is not an outbreak. #2, it is a scare tactic.

Do you honestly think that vaccines are in our best interest? Yes, a multibillion dollar corporation has our health in the forefront of their mind.

I do believe that vaccines started with the purest intent. They are not that anymore.

Also, both vaccinated and unvaccinated children have the same ability to carry and spread diseases. Vaccines do not mean immunity. Vaccines do not mean you will not carry a disease and spread it.

Imunocomprimised persons are compromised by basic germs. This is not an unvaccinated persons fault.

I think it's stupid that people thing that because your are unvaccinated means your are a walking pathogen.
Doubtful Dreamer
low iq 111
N3bu
low iq 111
N3bu
low iq 111

the eradication of those diseases also coincided with better sanitation, and the industrial age, and the premiere episode of sesame street... rolleyes

So?

so therefor vaccinations aren't what is curing those illnesses, it's clearly sesame street

Except Sesame street didn't air in the vast majority of countries from which Small-pox was eradicated.

Also, sesame street has nothing to do with Small-Pox, but with your logic, I'm not sure why that would stop you.

except people still get sick even after getting vaccinated that's supposed to make them immune to that same exact illness smile

There is a known failure rate in vaccination simply as a result of biological variation and not producing the proper immune response for antibody production as a result of the vaccination, but this is a rather small rate. The more problematic, large scale failure of the vaccine is caused by too small of a population being vaccinated, leaving a large enough pool of infected individuals to produce novel mutations which render previous vaccination irrelevant [which is what causes the vaccine-derived polio outbreaks you keep linking].

...small pox isn't even on the vaccine schedule. No one really gets that vaccine unless they are going to a third world country... We stopped vaccinating against that in the US in 1972.

Do you guys even know what's on the vaccine schedule?
xBootiful Liax
...small pox isn't even on the vaccine schedule. No one really gets that vaccine unless they are going to a third world country... We stopped vaccinating against that in the US in 1972.

Small pox is a rather common disease to discuss in topics regarding vaccination because vaccination regimens is causally linked with its extinction in the wild and is why no one gets small pox vaccines outside of medical personnel [fear of outbreaks of weaponized small pox strains] and those actively researching the live virus retrained by Russia and the US.

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
xBootiful Liax

I was born in '82. I was vaccinated against Small Pox in '86.
Therefore, your date is in error

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
xBootiful Liax

I think a lot of people are ignorant to how "vaccine preventable diseases" work. If my son gets measles or mumps...I would take him to the doctor. Just like I would for any other ailment. They're not necessarily fatal. The common cold causes more deaths.

The common cold mortality rate is less than half of 1 percent.

measles mortality rate was about 30% before Vaccination it's now 0.3%

mumps is 1% (but it's more the deafness that it can cause than the death).
Steam Punk Adept
xBootiful Liax

I was born in '82. I was vaccinated against Small Pox in '86.
Therefore, your date is in error

I got my information directly from the CDC website.
Glorious Leader Luna
xBootiful Liax

Is it directly due to vaccinations?

I know people assume polio was eradicated by the vaccine, yet don't look at the fact that it was on a quick decline before the vaccine hit the market.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
xBootiful Liax
Glorious Leader Luna
xBootiful Liax

Is it directly due to vaccinations?

I know people assume polio was eradicated by the vaccine, yet don't look at the fact that it was on a quick decline before the vaccine hit the market.

Can you prove that?

And yes, by the very way in which vaccines work, it was indeed vaccines that destroyed Polio. Because the human bodies of those vaccinated, were no longer susceptible to the disease, and thus, reproduction became increasingly difficult for the virus. All the way to the point of impossibility.
I can see a lot people are soo clueless....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff