Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm just fine with rape jokes, so long as they're actually funny. Tis not an easy subject to make funny, but it can be done.
otakucide
shadowswhiskers13 -
murder jokes only work for certain people at certain times, plus a lot of the potential murderers in these jokes don't go through with it or end up dead too.

you don't joke about rape because it's a rare touchy issue that you get yelled at if you joke about it....

"Ugh my sister's so annoying, sometimes I want to kill her! That would shut her up"
"Ugh my sister's so annoying, sometimes I want to rape her! That would shut her up"

But why is it a touchy issue that you get yelled at for and murder isn't?

That's a terrible example because I wouldn't laugh at either... in fact, if someone said that in real life, I'd probably give them a weird look... it's the jokee who usually has to say "I'm only joking!" if they get a tepid response or odd looks.

Also, I don't know many famous murder jokes that get passed from generation to generation, so to say they are somehow more accepted is kind of making it a black and white issue.

I think both are terrible subjects to joke about... I know "blah blah blah joking about bad things is a way to cope!", but that just sounds like something most people gurgle out to shame you when they want their black humor to be more accepted. I know sometimes dark jokes work, but it takes a highly skilled comedian/comedienne to pull off a rape or murder joke.

Beloved Lunatic

Kaptain K Rool
Lady Kariel
Kaptain K Rool
Lady Kariel
Kaptain K Rool
Lady Kariel

I'd rather a joke unrelated to sensitive crimes. There are so many other jokes out there. Really.
But them offensive ones be some o' th' best

I mean come on, what be so wrong wit' sayin' that th' people at th' 2013 boston marathon had a blast and that thar was an explosive atmosphere about.... though thar was that major photobomb near th' end

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Not funny enough? Ok, let me see if'n I can find somethin'.......

Oh! Here we go. A whole website chock full o' 'em
I like this one:
" “I’ve got a new nickname for you,” I told my wife today. “What is it?” she asked. “Bambi,” I replied. “Aww, is that ‘cause I’ve got beautiful eyes?” she asked. “No, it’s because I’ve just killed your mom,” I replied. "

All I had ta' do was google offensive jokes, was th' first website result

Edit: Also this joke
" "Your generation is too reliant on technology," said my grandpa. "No, your generation is too reliant on technology," I retorted as I pulled the plug on his life support to further prove my point. "

User Image
I have ta' thank ye...... oh me goodness.... all these jokes from that website

Thank ye fer givin' me th' small bit o' motivation ta' google offensive jokes

Here be some more kneeslappa's from that website:

"Have you heard the joke about the baby with AIDS? It never gets old."

"How does every black joke start?
With a look over your shoulder."

"Why can't you fool an aborted baby?
It wasn't born yesterday!"

"What has 3 legs, 2 arms and 5 heads? The finishing line of the Boston marathon."

"Who are the world's fastest readers?
9/11 victims, they went through 88 stories in 7 seconds."

You rock. I'm literally laughing out loud at work reading this s**t.

Girl

I think after feminists have decided jokes can't be racist, sexist (towards women), ableist, classist, misogynistic, transphobic, fatphobic, about rape, about harassment (of women), about dumb women, about ugly women, yo mama jokes, all you're left with are "lol what do you call a jar of mayonnaise that makes women uncomfortable - a white cishet male lol" or "why did the chicken cross the road, to get to the other side" (even then, some chickens might not be able to cross the road. some might not identify as chickens. maybe you should stop analyzing everything the chicken does, chick doesn't do it for you.) jokes which are no fun at all.
It's because when you joke about rape you're risking doing so in front of a rape victim. You're not going to joke about murder in front of a murder victim lol

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Chahklet
Plata Plomo y Sangre
Chahklet
Plata Plomo y Sangre
Chahklet
If that's guaranteed. Just like I have no sy5for those who get an a** whopping for running their mouth.

True enough, but then again you'll also at least go to jail for battery.
Laughing all the way.

And I'm sure that will be used against you in the court so that the jury and ultimately the judge can see how unrepentant you are and give you a harsh sentence.
Because this would totally happen in real life. Usually when someone gets their a** kicked for running their mouth they own up to it. They don't call the police. They know their shame.
I'd call th' police outta spite so th' otha' bloke would get in trouble

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
from blue to
Kaptain K Rool
Lady Kariel
Kaptain K Rool
Lady Kariel

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Not funny enough? Ok, let me see if'n I can find somethin'.......

Oh! Here we go. A whole website chock full o' 'em
I like this one:
" “I’ve got a new nickname for you,” I told my wife today. “What is it?” she asked. “Bambi,” I replied. “Aww, is that ‘cause I’ve got beautiful eyes?” she asked. “No, it’s because I’ve just killed your mom,” I replied. "

All I had ta' do was google offensive jokes, was th' first website result

Edit: Also this joke
" "Your generation is too reliant on technology," said my grandpa. "No, your generation is too reliant on technology," I retorted as I pulled the plug on his life support to further prove my point. "

User Image
I have ta' thank ye...... oh me goodness.... all these jokes from that website

Thank ye fer givin' me th' small bit o' motivation ta' google offensive jokes

Here be some more kneeslappa's from that website:

"Have you heard the joke about the baby with AIDS? It never gets old."

"How does every black joke start?
With a look over your shoulder."

"Why can't you fool an aborted baby?
It wasn't born yesterday!"

"What has 3 legs, 2 arms and 5 heads? The finishing line of the Boston marathon."

"Who are the world's fastest readers?
9/11 victims, they went through 88 stories in 7 seconds."

You rock. I'm literally laughing out loud at work reading this s**t.
Good ta' see someone enjoys th' jokes

Newbie Noob

otakucide
Only reasons I can think of right now is because rape victims live. But the family of murdered people live.
Or that it's more common for a rape victim to be around than a murder witness?
This is mainly reference to the s**t I see on tumblr 'NEVER EVER JOKE ABOUT RAPE even if it's a coping mechanism BECAUSE SOMEONE COULD HEAR!!' and then the same person says 'lol i want to murder every white man' idk how that works.

People inherently hate freedom

Bashful Businesswoman

otakucide

Because by joking about rape, you're normalizing it and making it not seem like a big deal.
No matter what happens, everyone is always going to take murder seriously. It's a pretty simple concept that many people can imagine possibly happen to their friends or family.

But a lot of people don't take rape seriously enough already and are always ready to blame the victim. In a murder, you never ever hear "if he just hadn't decided to walk though that dark ally all alone, he wouldn't of gotten murdered! He was practically asking to get killed! He was tempting the murderer, he couldn't help himself!!" and honestly joking about it when there could be a rape or molested victim in the audience is really offensive. At least to me.

Hilarious Raider

Rape jokes aren’t that uncommon. People joke about “dropping the soap” all the time.
It fits an agenda, the only murders you hear about now are police on blacks, whites on blacks, high-profile names and such, for the most part.

Rape is the in thing, the present battle. Not saying that is wrong, obviously rape is bad. Misguided? Feminists and allies are fighting against it but are unwilling to bring people to the table to talk solutions because the solutions are "offensive."

Shameless Mystic

Because rape is worse than murder, duh. Wait...
I think because death is a part of life, even if it's premature. Rape is just... nah I don't even wanna go there.

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
A lot of people don't realize that just because you call it a joke doesn't mean its funny. They might freak out when you tell them this.

Girl

The Ice Dervish
It's because when you joke about rape you're risking doing so in front of a rape victim. You're not going to joke about murder in front of a murder victim lol

lol yeah that's why I mentioned the victim's family. especially if they witnessed it. but that's less likely than a rape victim being present i guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff