Welcome to Gaia! ::

This topic.

*Gives OP the number to the suicide hotline* 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 2 ]
Wow, you're really ******** up in the head, huh? 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 2 ]
Meh. It's not as bad as all that. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
You're a MALE? THAT OBVIOUSLY MAKES YOU EVIL. 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 1 ]
MAN TEARS MAN TEARS MAN TEARS *Me: Shut up!* MAN TEARS MAN TEARS MAN TEARS 0.1 10.0% [ 3 ]
You're right. This IS incredibly biased. 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 1 ]
SILENCE, FOOL. 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 4 ]
Other. 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 2 ]
Everything will be alright. YOU will be alright. *pats on the back* 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 4 ]
*Gives OP a hug* 0.36666666666667 36.7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
wahmbulance Disclaimer: This thread was written in total honesty and will not be like the usual "prose-filled" topics that are normally in the ED. It is written in simple terms by a regular, everyday, average joe with a scattered mind and biased viewpoints (although one could argue that there is no such thing as an unbiased viewpoint). Yes, generalizations will be made. It happens. Either educate the OP or shut up and deal with it. wahmbulance

I was traipsing around youtube and stumbled onto this random video. If you choose to watch it, I request that you watch it all the way through and listen objectively to what is being said, without being blinded by emotions:

The video got me wondering who is really right? And in light of all these different "factions", what does that make me, personally?

On both sides they're always saying the other is bad/evil in some way. Feminists say men are the rapey oppressors, MRAs say Feminists don't want equality, only dominance, and in so doing are evil. MGTOWs seem to be the ones who just say "******** it, I'm out", and, to my understanding, Egalitarians are the only ones who seem to want everyone to get along and treat each other fairly.

Anyway, my thought process on...er.....all of "this" (makes wide sweeping gestures with hands to indicate all factions and gender issues but is ultimately confused), goes something like this:

I'm not a rapist, and I'm not an oppressor.
The more I learn, the more I see/notice women getting nervous when I'm around. In real life I'm a really quiet guy who keeps to himself. But when I'm at school, or on my way to/from school, women get all nervous when they see me, and I can't help but ask myself "do they really think that about me....?" They could be having the best day of their lives, laughing as if they just won the lottery, but as soon as they see me, they quiet down and quickly walk past me. It feels horrible, made worse by the fact that it could also be due to race (I'm black, not the PC "African-American, ******** BLACK).

Not to mention all the times I hear of, or see, feminists shouting about how women need to protect themselves from the "Male Menace" or reading posts about how "All men should just die", talking about how I'm an oppressor or a rapist or *insert thing synonymous with pure evil here* simply because I happen to have been born with a d**k. Which makes me wonder how they feel about women born with dicks or men born with vaginas (transgender? ). I don't want to harm women, even though they might think otherwise, I'm not a dangerous person unless you physically attack me or my loved ones, I do, in fact, want equality between the genders, within reason (meaning I don't want any equality of the "fairy tale" variety where everyone gets along and there are no problems ever, because it doesn't ******** exist), and for God's sake, I am not a rapist.

And for my part, I don't hate women in the slightest. I love women. I like hanging out with them and laughing with them and generally being friends with them. Hell, I usually have more meaningful conversations with them than with other dudes, and I love mentally stimulating and emotionally deep conversations. I don't think they're inherently evil, I don't blame them for my problems, and I know for a fact that there are still a few people out there, not just women, who actually have morals and strong principles that they live by. I love how women can look so beautiful, I love their capacity to love so strongly and I'd like to meet that special someone someday and actually be happy. But with the way things appear to be going, it looks like that will never happen.

This is, in part, the fault of MRAs. To be sure, being labelled as a rapist and needing to be more and more careful of ones interactions with the opposite sex will make things difficult, but the MRAs are the ones who put all those horror stories out there of men being cheated on, divorced, and having everything they ever worked for taken away from them, on top of their children possibly not even being theirs in the first place.

I know that things like infidelity can happen in any relationship, from either person, but the things I've heard, as well as the things I've seen and experienced in real life make me think that I will never have anyone who truly loves me for as long as I live. It seems as though there is no one I will ever be able to trust, and literally everyone on earth is out to get me (this is also due to how my life has been; I naturally distrust people from my experiences, but all of this makes it much worse). And in the end, all I can do is become successful for no one else but myself, and live out my years in solitude as the different factions continue to lob slanderbombs at each other.

It's all so confusing and pisses me off to no end. I'm just going to do what I want to do with my life, and the hell with anyone who thinks I'm sexist or white-knighting or being oppressive or being unequal or less than PC or anything the hell else, because in the end, playing nice will get me nowhere. All of the conflicting viewpoints swirl around in my head and I don't know what's right or wrong, real or false, so I feel like my only option is to make my own reality where only I decide what's right for me, what's real for me, what makes ME happy and no one else. It all seems so callous and lonely, but what other choice do I have?

And yeah, I realize this all seems like the rambling of a crazy person, probably written in blood and bile on the walls of a padded room somewhere, but dammit, the world is making me crazy right now and I've gotten sick and tired of all of it.

So what about you? What the ******** do I do, ED? Who is right? Who is wrong? Or are they ALL wrong?

In any case, allow these pictures to give you a small taste of my mental state right now:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Fanatical Zealot

It usually comes down to the personal opinion of the person, rather than the ideology, but usually feminists and egalitarians are the one's who are doing things correctly, and MRA's seem to be rather bad, but anyone who argues rights for all people is right.

Tipsy Lunatic

Any one of those groups will always make a point that is partially true, and leave out the parts they don't like. When the argument boils down to statistics, everyone starts posting troll blogs and shoddy articles and it just becomes arguing for the sake of it.

This whole year, maybe the last 2 or 3, has just been one long backwards step into a second dark age. It didn't really affect me, because I am a misanthropist, but sucks for all the people who thought they were part of an effective human rights movement.

Hilarious Lunatic

I'm a white woman. I hate man-hating women.
It's kinda already mentioned.
In a bunch of their writings there is often partial truth but it is often distorted by ideology.
Men have issues, MRAs talk about em.
Problem: They don't believe that women have issues and view that women are treated wonderfully and usually have a perspective that feminists take advantage of the "damsel in distress" in order to not only get their way but achieve things which would generally be harmful to society and equality. It ofcourse ignores the greater picture.

Women have issues, Feminists talk about em.
Problem: there has actually been tendencies to do things under their own interests which would harm society and equality. The focus on Patriarchy and the "damselling" tends to ignore women as perpetrators in the system and instead focus solely on men. The portrayal of mens lives as something so much terribly better than women's and as something to aspire to. Ofcourse, this has occasionally resorted in an ideal that if a women wants to be a stay at home mom then she is holding the sisterhood back. Again, it ignores the greater picture.

MGTOW:
They distinctly classify themselves as being similiar to the "herbivore movement".
"Herbivore movement" refers mainly to the Japanese trend of men who are deciding not to even bother dealing with women nor social expectations on jobs and instead focus on themselves.
MGTOW kinda compare themselves to that but instead it's about men doing what they want. It's not wholly abandoning women, it's not about what society or women want, it's about what the men want. As it is a part of the "herbivore movement" and there is a tendency to shun women in that part, it's got some misogynistic tendencies.

Egalitarians I know very little about. There doesn't appear to be much of a movement but it's mainly comprised of people who recognizing the failings of MRAs and Feminists to my understanding.

But again, very little organization on their end.

Enduring Bard

I'm basically in that same mind set right now. But what I've learned is that it all starts with individuals. You can't let all these biased and hateful propaganda get to you. Basically just be a decent human being; that's all that really matters. I personally think that when we start to break each other down by gender and race and religion, that's where the problems begin.
We are all human beings and deserve to be treated as such. The golden rule being: do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

Tipsy Smoker

Me. And only me.

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
I commend you for thinking about it rationally. I think people are starting to realize that anything under feminism isnt inherently good.
It always important to remember that no one cares about your self interest like you do.
What's MGTOWs?
Also, i've watched 3 or so minutes of the video, i refuse to watch any more. ******** victim complex everywhere these days ...

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
I guess that makes us both egalitarians.
Yeah, the patriarchy is a huge problem, but men are suffering too, from it and from the women's victim complex. I mean Anita Sarkeesian probably made more men suffer than the Nice Guy movement, but centuries of opprression kinda cancel that out.

Long story short, everyone's eating s**t for their gender, trans and non-binaries have it worse by far from women and men combined, and dear OP, you deserve a hug. heart
Lucky~9~Lives
There are so many things wrong with that, not the least of them being that stupid sign ...
You know, this site didn't answer any of my questions, but it confirmed many prejudices.

Sidenote: given that the site you linked contained zero easily digestible information about what this actually is i searched Wikipedia for mgtow - and ended up with Maximum Takeoff weight (mtow). I think that's a fitting allegory for the site you linked to as well as the movement itself.
The20
Lucky~9~Lives
There are so many things wrong with that, not the least of them being that stupid sign ...
You know, this site didn't answer any of my questions, but it confirmed many prejudices.

Sidenote: given that the site you linked contained zero easily digestible information about this actually is i searched Wikipedia for mgtow - and ended up with Maximum Takeoff weight (mtow). I think that's a fitting allegory for the site you linked to as well as the movement itself.

No problem.
You worry only about YOU. Period. ******** the movement. ******** the idealogies either. You work for your own welfare and your own itnerests. Noone, and I mean, NOONE is going to look out for yours. Not the MRA's. Definitely not the Feminists. Even the groups that you seem to belong to by default, they'll turn on you at the first wrong word. I know this firsthand from trying to sign up with both sides.
GSK Lives
You worry only about YOU. Period. ******** the movement. ******** the idealogies either. You work for your own welfare and your own itnerests. Noone, and I mean, NOONE is going to look out for yours. Not the MRA's. Definitely not the Feminists. Even the groups that you seem to belong to by default, they'll turn on you at the first wrong word. I know this firsthand from trying to sign up with both sides.

Well if you were wearing that face...
- ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas