Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Lucy Malum
I began questioning when I was in fifth grade. It just didn't make any sense to me, how some man in the sky was going to send me to hell. I also didn't understand how the trinity worked and I still don't.
although this is a topic for me scoping things. But I can talk with you about it.
What are you writing your book on?
Batyah
Lucy Malum
I began questioning when I was in fifth grade. It just didn't make any sense to me, how some man in the sky was going to send me to hell. I also didn't understand how the trinity worked and I still don't.
although this is a topic for me scoping things. But I can talk with you about it.

No thank you.

Shameless Man-Lover

Because when I realized that God had as much proof as Santa Clause, I figured that he wasn't much to believe in.

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Lady Kariel
What are you writing your book on?
a book to the fake christians
Avgvsto
Cause I'd rather be ruled by bankers, men who kill for a living, or people who market that they are smarter than everyone else.

Implying Jehova isn't a harsher and more bloodthirsty master than all of those. He certainly has a higher body count.

Implying even more so that being under Jehova won't still put you under those people who convince you they are higher in his eyes than you are (aka clergy, prophets, ect...)

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
It's easy to acknowledge the idea that those who are born of the same parents speak the language of the parents. With its alleged "knowledge" of anything and everything, allegedly following the events of every person, including Noah's decisively all-male children that consists of a massive plothole of ******** their "wives" came from after the entire planet was allegedly "purged", it refuses to remotely acknowledge which one of Noah's halfwit offspring created English, Chinese, Japanese, etc. why, and how. All I seem to know is that Hebrew/whatever somehow transformed itself into Greek without any explanation, and they were so knowledgeable over there that when Columbus came over to 'Murica, the Christ-lovers that were told "everything" about the world were all like, "Whoa, where'd you gaiz come from?! I thought I was going to land somewhere else."

Everyone allegedly came from the same source, yet somehow only a portion of the planet are the same skin color and speak the same language as the Adam & Eve Master Race. I mean, I hope the basic understanding that two white people ******** to create more white people to ******** that creates more white people to ******** never once creates a black person without some twisted explanation, but whatever. Feel free to use this if you want.

Super Cyclops

I suppose I could mention a personal reason of my dad's death, which was probably the only time in my entire life I've ever honestly prayed (so that he wouldn't die, of course). Prayer was ignored, obviously, which didn't really help my religious substance. Wonder if it'd mattered if it did work though. Probably not, as I'm very unspiritual but we'll never know I guess. Still, who in their right mind thinks "chin up kid, ya dad's alongside God doin' important-a** stuff now" will make a 9 year old kid feel better? "I don't give a *&(!@#, I want my dad back!"

It would be closer to truth to say that I've grown up as a chronic disbeliever and I generally ignore all religions, not just christianity. Observation and experience proved religion is just anoher reason to be a hateful *!@#!@ and despite all that gibberish about love and peace all it comes down to is hating everyone that ain't in my "circle". And killing them in a most diabolical way imaginable, with The Lord's Name on their mouth at all time.

Dapper Reveler

GSK Lives
Avgvsto
Cause I'd rather be ruled by bankers, men who kill for a living, or people who market that they are smarter than everyone else.

Implying Jehova isn't a harsher and more bloodthirsty master than all of those..
Dont feel obligated.

GSK Lives
He certainly has a higher body count.
The person of Jesus doesn't, he has something like -1 or -2 kill count.

GSK Lives
Implying even more so that being under Jehova won't still put you under those people who convince you they are higher in his eyes than you are (aka clergy, prophets, ect...)
There is a difference between claiming your intellect is greater vs your God. And it is somewhat objective to understand whether or not your following the teachings, however lack of modesty is very directly condemned by Christendom.
I'm praying for you all, this topic makes me grieve,

As a Christian myself, I wish everyone to know that there are answers, you have to seek them. There are better churches, better demoninations. Many exciting Churches, like The church of Eleven Twenty two, and Cedarcreek Church are coming up, I'd suggest watching a service if you have the time. There may even be local seminary colleges that you could drive to and maybe ask a dean or a few students where they get their faith and evidence to lock in their faith.

I pray that you can still have an open heart. My private messages are open, if you wish to converse.
LoveLoud837
I'm praying for you all, this topic makes me grieve

Can't stand people not being in the club, eh?

Quote:
As a Christian myself, I wish everyone to know that there are answers, you have to seek them. There are better churches, better demoninations. Many exciting Churches, like The church of Eleven Twenty two, and Cedarcreek Church are coming up, I'd suggest watching a service if you have the time. There may even be local seminary colleges that you could drive to and maybe ask a dean or a few students where they get their faith and evidence to lock in their faith.

I pray that you can still have an open heart. My private messages are open, if you wish to converse

You ain't got nothing to say that I ain't heard before, pal.
Avgvsto
Dont feel obligated.

I don't.

Quote:
The person of Jesus doesn't, he has something like -1 or -2 kill count.

At least until he comes back, when he's proclaimed he bring not peace but a sword. To, you know, destroy people like me.

Quote:
There is a difference between claiming your intellect is greater vs your God.

True that. People of greater intellect cannot condemn me to eternal torture after death if I do not live up to their standards.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
The problem with the question of being "Turned off" Christianity is that I was never "Turned on" to it. Even at a young age I was a skeptical, non-trusting little cretin who second guessed everything, mostly because from the moment I could read the word adventurer I was reading and quite aware of the word "Fiction".
Everything from that point on was just falling on deaf ears. Christianity doesn't have a story that's either believable to a slightly critical entity, and it lacks an entertaining narrative. It would be impossible to get me to pay attention to that s**t in the slightest.
And as such, I continuously disregarded it time and again. It made things like the realization of my own mortality exceedingly terrifying.
And constant.
For a few years.
Never really goes away.
But eventually the question was pitched, and I was like, "Why would I believe in a book of fairy tales?" It wasn't even a question. Despite growing up with a religious single parent, I never drank the coolaid to begin with, and the thought never crossed my mind. My religion was what I had experienced.
I was a Starship Captain traveling the universe in my Antonida Kestrel, deathly afraid of the resurgence of the vastly superior and neigh undamagable alien fleet. I was among a group of pale ragged cave dwellers who had been exiled from the surface, trying to resettle my former home and rid it of the beasts that threatened to ruin it forever. I was a blue reploid who killed robots and stole their processors with the hopes of stopping the maverick rebellion.
That didn't mean that the Galactic Federation existed. Nor the Rebels.
I never believed in the evil emperor Hawthorne who was struck down by my fellow exiles with the assistance of Erika the Archmage.
I never even gave a second thought to the existance of Sigma, or Zero, who I totally thought was a woman.

Why would I think Yaweh or Jesus existed? Fiction is fiction. And I quickly learned to associate the talking snake with my ability to eat a feather, spontaneously grow a cape, and use said cape to fly by grabbing the lower two corners and leaning back and forth continuously.
I could never be turned off Christianity because I never took it seriously to begin with.

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
By the way this is interesting where this went. *continues reading your replys*

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
this rainbow lover
Because when I realized that God had as much proof as Santa Clause, I figured that he wasn't much to believe in.
santa or saint nick santas based off of

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces