Welcome to Gaia! ::

what do you think? is swearing wrong?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 30, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4

i really DONT KNOWWWWWWW,i meannnnn,sure most of you are kids and a lot of you are not,but like,everyone does it,its extremely common,but its not my type of thing to curse on here for no apparent reason sweatdrop
Cussing makes you look stupid. But a great way to show your anger! It's also a way of showing off.....brings attention to your self, especially in a post on Gaia
If people use it occasionally to vent frustration or show amazement, it's okay. If people use it 10+ times in one sentence, then it's annoying.
respect does often get in the way of swearing even if you believe swearing is not a big deal. however, respect also gets in the way of wearing a hat in a building and not interrupting people when they're speaking. respect is important no matter what it is you're having to do to show it (as long as it's not illegal)
i swear all the time. I dont see that much of a big deal in it. Certain things I understand. But sometimes people act ridiculus over swearing.
I swear i fair bit but my parents dont like me swaering in the house and i respect that so i dont swear in the house (out loud)
well all curse words all have a meaning take "a**" that means a donkey? eh? and when i was in Language arts i was looking in a dictionary and it said "b***h;Female dog" or summetin like that...so if you say "Hey thats bad don't say that!" that means like you can't say "Hello" or "This"

Liberal Genius

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
god-forbid
kagomes man
Sinthe741
kagomes man
Sinthe741
I could ******** care ******** less if someone ******** swears in ******** goddam public. However, some people do give a llama's shitty a**, so I try to be ******** respectful with my ******** potty ********' mouth when I'm in public.

wow that quit how do i say um i really dont know what to say i ant saying its bad i have no problome with it and wonder why some pelae do have problomes with it but in anny case theres no reasone to be an a** about it being an a*****e nevre achives much being a little patint and pushing for good points usualy gets more results

I think that you found something bad/offensive about my post, but with your lack of grammar I can't really tell. I was only trying to be humorous(sp?), I wasn't trying to be an a*****e or to be mean.

im sorry i wa kinda an a** to ou i apolagize
i think she cares less about what you said and more about.... the fact that it's exceedingly hard to read...

Yeah, that'd be it. It's kinda hard to care about what someone says when you can barely understand what they say.
kagomes man
Sinthe741
kagomes man
Sinthe741
I could ******** care ******** less if someone ******** swears in ******** goddam public. However, some people do give a llama's shitty a**, so I try to be ******** respectful with my ******** potty ********' mouth when I'm in public.

wow that quit how do i say um i really dont know what to say i ant saying its bad i have no problome with it and wonder why some pelae do have problomes with it but in anny case theres no reasone to be an a** about it being an a*****e nevre achives much being a little patint and pushing for good points usualy gets more results

I think that you found something bad/offensive about my post, but with your lack of grammar I can't really tell. I was only trying to be humorous(sp?), I wasn't trying to be an a*****e or to be mean.

i think she cares less about what you said and more about.... the fact that it's exceedingly hard to read...
First of all, not everyone swears.
I swear like a sailor but I know that others don't approve so I keep it down. I see no big deal seeing as how they are just words with a harsh meaning, people un-knowingly give people harsh attitudes every single day. So there should be no problem.
Sinthe741
kagomes man
Sinthe741

Dapper Cutie-Pie

kagomes man
ArurieRotsuza
Does it really matter what other people think? I mean really, we're only human. Besides, what's so bad about a word where we shouldn't use it because it's "bad" if it's just a word?

I'm the supposed "good girl" so if I call someone a "b***h" they usually are all "Oh my gosh, I can't believe you just said that," but that's just if they don't know me well or if they're anti-profanity.

well thats a good point and i dont understand why peaple do that to some people when they use the words all the time kinda odd if i may say so
True. Umm... hmmm.. I think I messed up on that third sentance. It doesn't really make sense to me now. But I think you get my point.
I don't think swearing is really an arguable point. It's just using words that portray a rather strong emotion, so I dont see the problem.
Coyote Jack
It's all a matter of how and when the words are used. If its used in a hateful or disrespectful manner then I say its wrong. Otherwise I see no problem with cursing.

well reaqlly unless there is a really good reaone ou shouldnt call pepale s**t anyways

Liberal Genius

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
kagomes man
Sinthe741

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff