Welcome to Gaia! ::

what do you think? is swearing wrong?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 30, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

god-forbid
i think if people would stop treating "swear words" like they're dirty and wrong, those qualities would go away. in my opinion, none of our words should be considered to be "bad words" because, after all, they're just words.

thats a good point and kinda the point im trying to make that there just words i see them as that and as o big deal
Because of my religious beliefs I don't think you should curse. I do it sometimes as everyone does, because no one is perfect. But I think you should be able to respect others by not cursing because even if you don't care, they still aren't words considered appropriate for public conversation. Its the same as saying ******. But if I went out and started saying ****** all the time, people would get angry. But why should that be if those same people use cuss words all the time?
Senshi
Because of my religious beliefs I don't think you should curse. I do it sometimes as everyone does, because no one is perfect. But I think you should be able to respect others by not cursing because even if you don't care, they still aren't words considered appropriate for public conversation. Its the same as saying ******. But if I went out and started saying ****** all the time, people would get angry. But why should that be if those same people use cuss words all the time?
ideally, ****** should be thought of as nothing more than a word as well... like the rest of the words in my sentences, or at least like the rest of the nouns. and seeing as black people call eachother ******...
but anyhow... i dont use the word ****** because i have an innate fear of getting shot... however, i feel a bit raped of my right of freedom of speech considering.
iroc1188
I think that swearing is okay most of the time, as long as you're swearing at something, not someone. I don't think it's right to call someone a b***h or a*****e or whatever but to say ******** when you get hurt or whatever, that's fine. That's just my opinion however, and usually people don't agree with me.

well i agree with you to a good point lol but i think if someone really pisses you off its not bad to do it lol
Senshi

well i dont see how pepale can say ****** is a bad word when they call themselfs that so why should they get mad if we do expesialy if we were just raised to say that i mean sometimes thats the case
kagomes man
Senshi

well i dont see how pepale can say ****** is a bad word when they call themselfs that so why should they get mad if we do expesialy if we were just raised to say that i mean sometimes thats the case
hehe.... *points to my reply to the same comment*.... i think i like your theories.
god-forbid
kagomes man
Senshi

hehe.... *points to my reply to the same comment*.... i think i like your theories.

lol i noticed i like your to lol xd
kagomes man
god-forbid
kagomes man
Senshi

yeah, incase you couldnt tell... im exceedingly liberal.
god-forbid
kagomes man
god-forbid
kagomes man
Senshi

lol its k nothing wrong with that im liberal in some ways to if thats liberal sad thing is i hear the wor all the time i really dont know what it means lol im a moron lol
kagomes man
god-forbid
kagomes man
god-forbid
kagomes man
Senshi

lol its k nothing wrong with that im liberal in some ways to if thats liberal sad thing is i hear the wor all the time i really dont know what it means lol im a moron lol
deffinitions of liberal as an adjective:

# adjective: tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition
# adjective: having political or social views favoring reform and progress
# adjective: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness
I don't think swearing is bad.
god-forbid
kagomes man
god-forbid
kagomes man
god-forbid
kagomes man
Senshi

deffinitions of liberal as an adjective:

# adjective: tolerant of change; not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or tradition
# adjective: having political or social views favoring reform and progress
# adjective: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness

thnkz for telling me that in in that case im definently liberal lol oh well if anyone hasa problome with i i dont care im me lol
medievalangel00

i dont either thats kinda why i made this thread to try and find out why som peaple say its bad
Swaring is terrible!! Don't do it. crying crying crying crying sad sad
kagomes man
medievalangel00

i dont either thats kinda why i made this thread to try and find out why som peaple say its bad
and i just keep hanging around, though i doubt i could ever be convinced that swearing is bad... it's just fun to hear people's reasons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff