Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

10,625 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Feeder 50
CLEVELANDUSA - A viewer is suing NBC for $2.5 million, contending that he threw up because of a ''Fear Factor'' episode in which contestants ate rats mixed in a blender.

Austin Aitken told The Associated Press he watches "Fear Factor" often and had no problem with past installments where the reality show's participants ate worms and insects in pursuit of a $50,000 prize -- but eating rats went "too far."

"It's barbaric, some of the things they ask these individuals to do," Aitken said Thursday.

Aitken's handwritten lawsuit contends the rat-eating made his blood pressure rise, resulting in being dizzy and lightheaded -- and vomiting. Because he was disoriented he ran into a doorway, "causing suffering, injury and great pain."

Asked why he didn't shut off his television before the rat-eating segment, Aitken said he couldn't do it quick enough.

NBC responded with a brief statement: "We believe that the claim is completely without merit."

Aitken, a 49-year-old part-time paralegal, said he wants to send a message to NBC and other networks with the lawsuit. He said he isn't concerned with winning a cash judgment in court.

"I just put any figure. You really think I expect to get $2.5 million?" he said.

( I you want my Opinion, I think he's in it for the money and he DID have a choice NOT to watch the episode so it's his own fault and plus, he's just seeking attention. I feel sorry for the pathetic fool. He's just going to loose anyways. So his attempt at money and popularity will only fail.. )

Whats YOUR Opinion?
That's pretty weak, he *did* have a choice not to watch it, he could ahve turned it off when he found out what they had to do.

However, I do think eating rats is going a little bit too far
Rats in blender 0_o?I think Fear Factor got way to far there and should be sued indeed!I mean that's just discusting and tromatising!..But not as much as some reality shows..wich involve wedding..and money..
If It wasn't for one word I would think he would have full merit in the case.

The fact that he is a Paralegal.

8,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Unfounded...I'd be really surprised if he won this case.

Out for the money, I would say. He knew the sorts of things that happens on that show as he is a regular watcher.
fireflyneko

Out for the money, I would say. He knew the sorts of things that happens on that show as he is a regular watcher.

I don't think its that he watched that he is going for, But the "Running into a door" which caused "Pain" that might have been the problem.
Oh no, I crashed into my door. I think I'll sue the architect. rolleyes

When I read the thread title, I thought he was suing over animals rights, but this is just silly.
That's just stupid, if he can NOT watch a movie where they roast and eat rats, and could deal with the episode where they had to drink a selection of things mixed with pig brains like rooster testicles and bile and... yeah

besides, that's the point in fear factor, and it's not like they go against their own will, they apply to be on the show, and they can quit at any time.

In short, he's a dumbass who will prove nothing.

8,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Puerilis
fireflyneko

I don't think its that he watched that he is going for, But the "Running into a door" which caused "Pain" that might have been the problem.

Well in that case...how many dizzy and lightheaded people do you know try to walk around? Or even if they did, if they did bump into the doorframe, considering their weak condition, how much damage could they really have done to themselves?
fireflyneko

si... he's trying to say that he has watched the show but never saw anything this vile happen.

as for winning the case, i think he has a chance. Considering all the other crazy things people have gotten away with sueing... how's this any different than the McDonalds case, where the person ate at mcdonalds until he got fat? That person had every choice to stop eating there. And they still won the law suit sweatdrop
What's the difference between eating rats or worms? Why is it going too far when eating rats? I think eating worms is more disgusting.

8,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Yachi Sakura
fireflyneko

si... he's trying to say that he has watched the show but never saw anything this vile happen.

as for winning the case, i think he has a chance. Considering all the other crazy things people have gotten away with sueing... how's this any different than the McDonalds case, where the person ate at mcdonalds until he got fat? That person had every choice to stop eating there. And they still won the law suit sweatdrop

McDonald's puts some crazy stuff in their food.
Rats in a blender???? I wanna sue them for animal abuse!!!! They can't sedate or put the rats to sleep because then there will be medicine in the blood and meat.... scream Argh... I wanna puke.

I don't watch that show because I think it's disgusting. I don't care what gross stuff they have to eat but if they torture animals that goes way to far...

The guy is an idiot!!! Same as the people who sue malboro and Mcdonalds. But they will always try since in the USA that's the fasted way to make money...
Yachi Sakura
fireflyneko

I think I could get sick watching that guy eat all that food. I used to work at a McDonalds. The day they hired me was the day I stopped eating there.... Well besides their Grilled Chicken, Cuz that shits good. And its the "Cleanest" made thing there.
********! I don't blame him!
Poor rats..yuck..how'd they like to make a challenge called 'People Blended

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas