Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm pretty sure that wasn't meant to be taken seriously, hence the domokun , but if it were true, it would be
You gotta be kidding me, sparky.
Quote:
Quote:
Alcohol allows me to take advantage of boys. domokun
that is sad
I agree... as for the unenforced liquer laws in mexico... I disagree, many girls get raped and killed everyday in mexico and the government covers it up and says nothing... they also allow girls to strip in bars so I wouldn't exactly take what they do as a good example. I have however been to a country where they have unenforced liquer laws, and yeah it works for them, but that is only because the country is tiny therefore if there was an instance of drunk driving one of the other 7000 people on the island are liable to turn you in... that is if you didnt get caught after the police chase on the ONE road that goes in a circle around the island... so basically no liquer laws=good for tiny islands bad for the U.S. howeve an ENFORCED liquer law that would put the legal drinking age at 18 would not be a bad idea
Eh i think underage drinkin is fine durin the holidays if you like don't get totally waisted or try to drive home I mean how bad could it be...?
Quote:
Eh i think underage drinkin is fine durin the holidays if you like don't get totally waisted or try to drive home I mean how bad could it be...?

Yeah they have plenty of "ideas and theories" of how alcohal affects the brain...so? It's like bumping your head in my opinion..If I want to lose a brain cell, then so BE IT!
meh it only comes once a year....who cares......
Well, personally I dont think it's a bad idea to drink once in a while. I live in Canada, and here the legal drinking age is 19, and 18 in lovely Quebec. We are not alcoholics, at least I dont think so. We have to drink because of the cold temperatures that sometimes come our ways.

Besides, if you are in your own house you can do as you please. I dont care what the neighboor next to me does, as long as they do it in their own home and dont bother anyone by doing so.

Drinking in your home I allow, but if you go out drunk and harm others in the process, that I wont allow. There is a difference which kind of underage drinking you mean, and there are many posibilities.
Quote:
Well, personally I dont think it's a bad idea to drink once in a while. I live in Canada, and here the legal drinking age is 19, and 18 in lovely Quebec. We are not alcoholics, at least I dont think so. We have to drink because of the cold temperatures that sometimes come our ways.

Besides, if you are in your own house you can do as you please. I dont care what the neighboor next to me does, as long as they do it in their own home and dont bother anyone by doing so.

Drinking in your home I allow, but if you go out drunk and harm others in the process, that I wont allow. There is a difference which kind of underage drinking you mean, and there are many posibilities.

I agree completely! 3nodding
I'm in two minds about this.

Firstly, I like underage drinking. It makes parties more fun, it loosens you up. The legal age here in England is 18, but I know people who've started from about 13 onwards. Talking more alcopops and beer at parties, not wine with a meal or anything.

However, I worry about it. It does cause people to take more risks with themselves, to put themselves in more danger or just to get into bad situations. I hear all sorts of wild stories from a friend - crazed taxi drivers, climbing over gates at 2am, ending up with strange guys, drug taking.

But then, I wonder if it does matter if you end up doing something irresponsible after all. Just patch it up the next day, and carry on, I guess. It's part of growing up after all, and I think people need to learn to make their own choices and learn responsibility.

I think the age limit should stay, but our cultural attitude needs to change. We have to learn to be more responsible with drinking - it would help slash this country's rate of STDs, teen pregnancies and accidents, I think. We need a more European approach - drink with a meal from a young age, to get used to alcohol - than our binge drinking approach. But alcohol has kind of been glamourised here too much - there's peer pressure to drink, and it is fun...

Meh. I'll go out and enjoy my drinking for now, but I can't help worrying about my friend drinking in a much rougher area right now :/
Hmm... some interesting post...If anyone comes, could a non-underaged person post their feelings? (or thoughts) sweatdrop
Quote:
I'm in two minds about this.

Firstly, I like underage drinking. It makes parties more fun, it loosens you up. The legal age here in England is 18, but I know people who've started from about 13 onwards. Talking more alcopops and beer at parties, not wine with a meal or anything.

However, I worry about it. It does cause people to take more risks with themselves, to put themselves in more danger or just to get into bad situations. I hear all sorts of wild stories from a friend - crazed taxi drivers, climbing over gates at 2am, ending up with strange guys, drug taking.

But then, I wonder if it does matter if you end up doing something irresponsible after all. Just patch it up the next day, and carry on, I guess. It's part of growing up after all, and I think people need to learn to make their own choices and learn responsibility.

I think the age limit should stay, but our cultural attitude needs to change. We have to learn to be more responsible with drinking - it would help slash this country's rate of STDs, teen pregnancies and accidents, I think. We need a more European approach - drink with a meal from a young age, to get used to alcohol - than our binge drinking approach. But alcohol has kind of been glamourised here too much - there's peer pressure to drink, and it is fun...

Meh. I'll go out and enjoy my drinking for now, but I can't help worrying about my friend drinking in a much rougher area right now :/

Again, I agree..for the most part, sucha as the discussion on growing up..Toally right on! *dude?* xd
Quote:
meh it only comes once a year....who cares......

I care..it's the beginning of a new year, for new records, now goals, new needs, new wants, new desires, new dicoveries! A brand new beginning..That a brief point of what it means to me...so learn by it! stressed

P.S.
!FALSE!FACT!
Quote:
"1.)Students with grade point averages of D or F drink 3 times as much as those who earn A's."

That is NOT true..I drink more than anyone in my school but I am still in all gifted advanced class, I took the SAT and scored a state grade..( redface If I focused I would have done better) SO DO NOT TRUST IN ALL STATISTICS!! gonk
Well I sure did frink this year.....And up until a good friend stole teh bottlle and drank it all... sweatdrop
well i think that its ok to have a sip of champain on new years but peeple shoodnt over do it!
Let's go to Cancun and party the ******** down! I hate them all. I'll kill them all. And when I rule the world I'll nuke ******** Cancun. Yessirebob. But to the subject at hand, it's like this:

Underage drinking at home surprised kay

Underage drinking at a party:tolerable but risky

Underage drinking at home or a party and then going for a drive: If I known you would have done this I would have shot you in the foot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff