Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heroic Hero

Lost Dynamis
I AM R U
Lost Dynamis
I AM R U
black_wing_angel
I AM R U

My question is, how was it finally decided who "owned" Mexico?

Well, the Mayans were brutally murdered into extinction by Spaniards. Later, the US territories decided they didn't want it.

Shiiiiiiit... I meant Texas, not Mexico.

That's the Mexican-American War, I think.

Is there a state in the US that was "purchased"?

The Lousiana Purchase and Alaska.

Not sure about the rest.

Also the US acquired Florida from Spain with a treaty. They paid a small sum and Spain came out on the losing end of that stick.
I AM R U
Lost Dynamis
I AM R U
Lost Dynamis
I AM R U

Not sure about the rest.

Cheers! Sorry, US history is not my forte...

The Mexican Cession was as well, it appears.

I think the only land that wasnt purchased was Oregon Territory. Florida was given as a part of a Trade for 5 million dollars and so the US doesnt hold claim on Texas anymore from the Lousiana Purchase. So I guess you could say it was a purchase.
Hidden Path
Lost Dynamis
I AM R U
Lost Dynamis
I AM R U

Not sure about the rest.

Also the US acquired Florida from Spain with a treaty. They paid a small sum and Spain came out on the losing end of that stick.

Yeah, I was just typing that up ( the post previous ) as well as the Mexican Cession.

EVERY Territory the US got in the Western Expansion they got dirt cheap and came out with the winning end of the stick.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Lost Dynamis

Hidden Path

Thanks guys - trying to get my head around it, its very different to Australian history.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I AM R U
Lost Dynamis
I AM R U
black_wing_angel
I AM R U

Well, the Mayans were brutally murdered into extinction by Spaniards. Later, the US territories decided they didn't want it.

Louisiana, along with a few others as part of that transaction, adequately dubbed the "Louisiana Purchase".
black_wing_angel
I AM R U
Lost Dynamis
I AM R U
black_wing_angel
I AM R U

Louisiana, along with a few others as part of that transaction, adequately dubbed the "Louisiana Purchase".

Alaska.

The Russians are still sore about that.

Saint

whenever i hear the term "illegal immigrant", i usually think of Chinese people showing up at the border on a giant ship

probably because in grade 10 when we learned about illegal immigrants, they showed us a video of that
Plata Plomo y Sangre
I Wake Up Early
Kemo the Blaxican
I Wake Up Early
Kemo the Blaxican
I Wake Up Early
So, to recap. The society is wrong, but you're mad you can't be a part of it without going through official channels?

I don't need anything official because I know that this is my rightful land.

Except it's not, because we took it in war.

It wasn't a war. It was a genocide. Millions of innocent people were slaughtered. The thing is. When other people around the world do this. Like the holocaust for example was considered evil and was stopped. Yet when the settlers did this to the natives there was no justice.
So when you lose a war, it's a genocide. You were outclassed, and lost. Maybe Mexicans should work on improving Mexico instead of being envious of what other people created.

And now you're being outnumbered and will lose. I'm sure that inspires all the butthurt racist rage in you. Maybe you ought to move somewhere else instead of being jealous that their culture is becoming dominant in this one.
Quite an assumption that I even live in the US.

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
Kemo the Blaxican
It's total BS man. I'm gonna tell you why. You see these so called illegals called mexicans are actually natives. They lived in this area for thousands of years and then "they" came here and put up borders and stole the land. Whats even worse is that they dont even recognize them as natives. Instead they are labeled as hispanic or latino. The real illegals are the settlers who came here and founded this nation. Thats all I got to say for now.
First of all, Mexicans aren't the only illegal immigrants in the US. No one stops to think about the immigrants that come from Europe, asia, ect. Plus no one here has the right to say they are "invading our country, taking our jobs and money" Because I do recall, we did that to the Native American, who were here first.

I hate when people get so Anti-immigrant. We are all immigrants and we all come from immigrants.
Inspire Infekt
Kemo the Blaxican
It's total BS man. I'm gonna tell you why. You see these so called illegals called mexicans are actually natives. They lived in this area for thousands of years and then "they" came here and put up borders and stole the land. Whats even worse is that they dont even recognize them as natives. Instead they are labeled as hispanic or latino. The real illegals are the settlers who came here and founded this nation. Thats all I got to say for now.
First of all, Mexicans aren't the only illegal immigrants in the US. No one stops to think about the immigrants that come from Europe, asia, ect. Plus no one here has the right to say they are "invading our country, taking our jobs and money" Because I do recall, we did that to the Native American, who were here first.

I hate when people get so Anti-immigrant. We are all immigrants and we all come from immigrants.

So apparently you're open borders when it comes to countries. How about your own house? Do you think anybody that wants to can come live in your house/apartment/ whatever?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff