Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which came first?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 6, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

The chicken. When we were all primortal ooze, we transformed from one-celled organisms into living things (unless you beleive in god, cough cough) with brains that breath and eat, etc. It just wouldn't follow the pattern if the chicken egg came before the chicken.It just happened to be in the Chicken's dna cycle after they were created. That's my opinion at least. what about you?
A nonchicken laid a mutant egg, which hatched into a chicken. The egg came first.
I don't think multiple celled organisms would evolve into an egg...but.....how could the egg layed be fetilized? hmm.... sweatdrop
the chicken... simply because GOD created all animals.... THEN told them to be fruitful and multiply

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
The micro organism came first. It split, and split until it evolved into a complex organism enough to form an egg. So the egg came second. 3nodding

But, the first chicken came from the egg. It had to have evolved until it was determined into a chicken. The egg came before the chicken. xp
i think maybe it was both...oh but that couldn't work could it? i'd have to go with egg on this one, the first chicken had to come from somewhere, though it would have taken many many millions of years to become what we know as a ckicken today ^^
taking this litterally:
a chicken is a modern bird.
Dinosaurs and other organisms laid eggs long before chickens (no one specified it was a chicken egg)
thus the egg came first.
Quote:
An egg and a chicken are both in bed, the chicken smoking a cigar.

The egg frowns and says, "Well, I guess we answered that question".
That all depends on whether or not you consider the precursors to modern day chickens to still be chickens. If you do, the chicken came first. If you do not, the egg did. Muah. wink
Jamie Davenport
taking this litterally:
a chicken is a modern bird.
Dinosaurs and other organisms laid eggs long before chickens (no one specified it was a chicken egg)
thus the egg came first.

that's a really good point
(i love people whop think out of the box...or topic here i guess...)
hug for you ^^
-hug-
heart
Ndiyah
the chicken... simply because GOD created all animals.... THEN told them to be fruitful and multiply

Yeah...like that makes sense....

God: Damn, these chicken need to multiply....Oh!! Hey chicken!
Chicken: Bakoh?
God: OH!! I mean "Cluck cluck bacooK!!'
Chicken: Bah?
God: Cluck!
Chicken: Right on it sir!
God: thanks.....WAIT A MINUTE!! scream
ReiDuck
A nonchicken laid a mutant egg, which hatched into a chicken. The egg came first.

Haha! Somebody else shares my thoughts on this one.
The egg came first. Some animal cross-bred or somthing and then the eggs came out.
the egg. dinosaurs ayed eggs. At least, some did.
The chicken. Lets say for the sake of the argument, chickens are a direct decendant of dinosaur. When the dinosaur laid the egg, it was a dinosaur egg. But the chicken was inside the egg. The changes in gene structure for evolution occur in the chicken itself, not the egg. An egg is not a chicken egg unless it comes from a chicken. Therefore the chicken came first.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff