<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21

black_wing_angel
Fermionic
Old Blue Collar Joe
Fermionic
black_wing_angel
Fermionic

Is that Zelda?

That's Zelda. Ocarina of Time. Hyrule Castle (Adult Link version).

I don't like Zelda.

Turn off your computer and go away. You are no longer welcome on the internet. Damn Commie trolls.

Don't you have a 45 to be listening to?

He does not have a 45. He has a .45.

Same ******** thing.
all I wanna do is...

and take your money.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Death Magnificent
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
Old Blue Collar Joe
Fermionic

I don't like Zelda.

Turn off your computer and go away. You are no longer welcome on the internet. Damn Commie trolls.

Same ******** thing.
all I wanna do is...

and take your money.

Not remotely.

A "45", is a vinyl record.

A ".45" is a .45 calibur handgun.

They couldn't be any more different.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Death Magnificent
Everyone who says no is a moron. Nobody likes fat people more than skinny people except maybe fat people and only then in solidarity.

Actually, there are people who genuinely prefer heavier set people.

Quote:
Also perhaps if they destroyed the Triforce there would be no more conflict, but that would resolve the Zelda series and Nintendo wouldn't allow that.

You...can't destroy the Triforce. It's the power of the 3 goddesses (Din the goddess of power / fire, Farore the goddess of courage / wind, and Nayru the goddess of wisdom / love), manifested in physical form. You can't just destroy something like that. Even if someone bore all 3 components, and was destroyed, the triforce would remain, and await a new bearer.
black_wing_angel
Death Magnificent
Everyone who says no is a moron. Nobody likes fat people more than skinny people except maybe fat people and only then in solidarity.

Quote:
Also perhaps if they destroyed the Triforce there would be no more conflict, but that would resolve the Zelda series and Nintendo wouldn't allow that.

You...can't destroy the Triforce. It's the power of the 3 goddesses (Din the goddess of power / fire, Farore the goddess of courage / wind, and Nayru the goddess of wisdom / love), manifested in physical form. You can't just destroy something like that. Even if someone bore all 3 components, and was destroyed, the triforce would remain, and await a new bearer.

Kill Din. Zelda and Link live forever and the world has no more fires or power struggles.
black_wing_angel
Death Magnificent
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
Old Blue Collar Joe
Fermionic

I don't like Zelda.

Same ******** thing.
all I wanna do is...

and take your money.

Not remotely.

Vinyl predates me.
black_wing_angel
Death Magnificent

I'm sure there are people who prefer all types of s**t, but they don't compose most of society like everyone else does.

Fat people are cool though, I ******** with'm.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Death Magnificent
black_wing_angel
Death Magnificent
black_wing_angel
Fermionic

Same ******** thing.
all I wanna do is...

and take your money.

Not remotely.

Vinyl predates me.

Me too. But I still know what it is.

Unlike modern CDs, vinyls were made in various parameters. Anything from size in diameter, to playing speed.

"45" specifically refers to a vinyl record intended to be played at 45 RPMs (revolutions per minute). to play as recorded. Otherwise you get the chipmunk effect (playing sped up), or zombie effect (playing too slow).
black_wing_angel
Death Magnificent
black_wing_angel
Death Magnificent
black_wing_angel
Fermionic

Same ******** thing.
all I wanna do is...

and take your money.

Not remotely.

Vinyl predates me.

Me too. But I still know what it is.

Unlike modern CDs, vinyls were made in various parameters. Anything from size in diameter, to playing speed.

"45" specifically refers to a vinyl record intended to be played at 45 RPMs (revolutions per minute). to play as recorded. Otherwise you get the chipmunk effect (playing sped up), or zombie effect (playing too slow).

Analog's only advantage is its invulnerability to EMP.

Gekko

This is stupid.

Beloved Cutie-Pie

7,450 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
d a n d y - f a t - c a t
What do YOU think about this?

I think that this young lady may have been very angry at the time, and maybe she was ranting. i really don't know what the remarks made were or if they were provoked, or really anything about the situation other than you felt upset about it, and perceive this young lady to be rude. As such, I can't really comment, as I don't know what was said, what was done in response, or what precipitated it.

One case is that you and your posse may have said something (unknowingly) to trigger this girl's rage button which led her to freak out.

Another case is that she's a total b***h. You did nothing to precipitate, and she just enjoys going off on thin people.

Discuss "Thin privileges"

The concept of "White privelege", "Rich privelege", and I guess even "Thin privelege" are that you are unaware or unknowingly participating in prejudice toward a specific group by being part of the opposite group. I shall give an example.

Let's say you have a hypothetical manager. We will name her Jezebel. Now, Jezebel is the Hiring Manager for Swanky Emporium, and you want to work there. Now, you notice on application day that there is a portly young woman also picking up an application. You interact with this girl, and you find out that she is aplying for the same position you are. On interview day, Jezebel interviews you and this other girl because you two were the only ones qualified. However, what you happen to notice is that the portly young lady has exactly the same qualifications as you. As such, you turn on the charm, and you and Jezebel make an instant connection. Two days later, you get a call. The job at Swanky Emporium is yours. Well, what you don't know is that Jezebel has a prejudice towards fat people and, despite the fact that your portly competition was charming and well suited for the job, Jezebel never even considered her a runner. As such, as the thin competition, you have unconsciously benefitted from "Thin Privelege" as you were not discriminated against for being fat. Also, you aren't even aware that was a factor because it was never even brought up to you.

Do you believe it is a real thing?

So, does the concept exist? Yes, it does, and it exists in a variety of forms. This was a very basic representation of it in order to give an example, but it is a very complex issue that many people aren't even aware of not because they aren't sensitive and not because they're not good people. It's simply that the types of prejudice that don't affect them, they aren't usually acutely aware of.

Do you feel those who are thin are "privileged?"

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. The concept of being priveleged means you are completely unaware or often trivialize the idea of discrimination against a specific people usually shown by making comments such as "It's their fault" or "They need to work harder" or the worst of all "There's no reason for them to be that way". The truth is, you don't know their situation and, at least in terms of being fat, there are way too many factors to consider such as time constraints, monetary constraints, biological constraints, and an endless web of bull that can contribute to someone's weight. People who are naturally thin don't usually put much effort in, or if they do, they are blessed enough to be able to. However, once you break the barrier of awareness you would become less priveleged.

Do you think people are responsible for their own weight?

Once again, sometimes yes and sometimes no. As stated previously, there are just too many factors to consider. Can it be helped? Oftentimes, yes, but that is no time to judge someone for their perceived inaction when, in truth, they may just be constrained in other ways that you simply don't know about.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Death Magnificent
Kill Din. Zelda and Link live forever and the world has no more fires or power struggles.

A pure soul could wish on the Triforce that it might not exist anymore which would cripple Ganon but not end the conflict entirely. Demise is an inextricable evil force native to Hyrule so Ganon or some analogous villain will always be around.
Yoshpet
Death Magnificent

A pure soul could wish on the Triforce that it might not exist anymore which would cripple Ganon but not end the conflict entirely. Demise is an inextricable evil force native to Hyrule so Ganon or some analogous villain will always be around.

So the main villains are the people who keep buying the latest installments of the franchise.
Easiest way to lose weight? Stop eating fast food and run. Surprisingly a healthy diet and a dose of cardio everyday seems to make the pounds disappear. No excuses.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff