Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yet another example of the younger generation being the parent. Not uncommon this day and age.

If she hated you and your care meant nothing to her, then, yes, you've wasted the past seven years. But with this upcoming divorce, I can see that her karma is going to catch up with her. Time will tell.
It must be hard to sit down and talk to your dad about the way you feel. Things like that are usually weird in families. It's still really great of you to put up with it, though. You're strong.
I'm already living with my dad..

She's gonn alive in this plac,e ith a real help nurse,and stuff...

It's just, she's going to take my stuff, too..My tv, stereo, even MY cat..

My father NEVEr gets any sleep, and he busts his a** at work all nigh,t to coem home, to have to stay up, and watch my mother..
-sighs, and smiles- I know if I don''t take car eof her, ym dad will. And he works so hard, doing maitenance and management up at Walmart..

I know I have to care for her..But, Now that i've finally thought about it, I've strted wonderign was it really worth it, and have I wasted seven years?
You haven't wasted any time. Of course, you could have spent it doing other things that you want to do. Helping your mother isn't a waste of time though. By helping your mother you're helping your dad. You're doing a great thing for her, even if she dosn't show that she appreciates it.
..Thanks..
Ryddel
I hate to admit, but it's her I hate too.

Because, beisdes the care, she drives me almost mental. When she's still sane, she always tells me i'm dirty, bad, and I need God. She knows I'm openly bi, if not almost completley gay, and that i don't bleieve in god. I don't think id mind so much, if she didnt look at me the way she does. But, I do hate her. She's like a sick dog, that can't be left alone.

I love her,becuase shes my mom, but, she treats me like some dirty unwanted thug.

Isn't there a place in the U.S where people can be put down, like sick dogs?

If you want her to "losen up" tell her that you're reading three chapters of the bible of the night, and if you get scolded for only reading three say you'll read more. Lieing usually helps. And say, that you gay-ness what just a "phase", and that you're fully straight. biggrin
Ryddel
Because, in my home, my mom is completley screwed up, Crippled, and practically mental. I never go anywhere, or get anything, because my father and I must care for her. It's been this way fro 7 years now. I hate it, and hate her. But, I feel wrong a litle bit, becuae, I 'm not sure if I'm beign a bad kid, by not wanting to care for her, anymore. I just HATE it. I never get new clothe,s or anytihng material, and I can't go out ith my girl friends, or even have friends over, becuase she'll get upset. My prents are getting divorced because of this, and I just want somone elses opinion, because I know other people out there have had to go through the same things.

Have I wasted seven years of my life taking care of someone I don't even like?

I think it might be normal to hate someone if you're forced to take care of them. I don't think a teenager/child should have the responsibility of taking care of someone.

I can sort of relate, because my parents are deaf, so I have to help interpret and stuff, but it doesn't sound nearly as bad as what you have to do.
..I would rather eat slugs..

Than deny my beleifs..
to ANYONE..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out