• Crack Shot 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Mister George Kapland
frozen_water
Mister George Kapland
frozen_water
HMS Thunder Child
frozen_water
Pansexual seems to be more about a statement than a sexuality.
[Skeptical]

Anything that's different from the norm is usually said to be.

That does not mean it is.
If I'm bisexual I like both genders, If I pansexual I like both genders, but don't want to recognize them as respectively different genders and instead want to assert my attraction is not based on such labels.

Really they like the same thing, one just wants to separated so that their "sexuality" is not defined by attraction to any gender. Hence the statement thing.

If your pansexual you like both genders, animals, aliens, cartoons, trannies, and everything else under the sun

Goddamn, how hard is that to understand? They like everything, because they don't have a sexual preference besides "everything"
Bisexuals like typical males, typical females. That's all.
I've never heard it used outside the context of people, and the only official definition of the word I was able to find limit the term to just sexual activities, not even orientation.
Pan means "all", they are literally ALL sexualities.
I'm sure you're well aware that the literally translation of a word does not always equate to the actual definition.

The pan here is referring to all genders and/or sexes, not all forms of sexuality.

Shy Fairy

silverbird6
it sounds to me like just another term, for bisexual people who still want to be 'different from the crowd' not that bisexuality is becoming more and more of the norm.
the only context it has any point in is multigendered people (which would still have the hormones of one gender or the other depending on how they're born or altered, mind you) or fairy tail dreams in which men magically become women.
I don't look up to people who go through sex-change operations anyways; sure i probably act more like a girl than a guy, but im not gonna chop off my d**k or turn it inside-out just so i can accept my own gender. I'd still argue that you should just love people for what gender they are, instead of twisting and distorting the body to become multi-gendered, but you probably wouldn't see where I'm coming from (you're pansexual, after all =P)

... Are you ******** serious right now? Now you're mocking and denying people's sexual orientations just because it's something that you are incapable of understanding? That's like a straight person saying that bisexual and homosexual people are really straight, but are just going through a "teenage phase" just so that they can be different and look cool. How would you like it if I told you that you're just a paranoid scene kid looking for attention, and that you can't POSSIBLY be bisexual if you prefer females over males? There's no such thing as liking one thing more than the other, you must really be straight. Your discrimination has literally disgusted me.

Since you've obviously failed your English classes, how about I educate you a little bit here: two things having different definitions means that they are not the same thing. WOW! Who could've guessed that one?!

I'll repeat myself again: bisexual is limited to cisgendered people, pansexual is in regards to all people of all genders. There is much more out there to identify as than just cisgendered, so drop your prejudiced ******** bullshit. Hormones do not equate to personality, since you seem to think that everybody acts in the same way according to the traditional image of what their gender is supposed to act like, then why are their men out there who "act like girls", and why do tomboys exist? You can't say that you prefer women because of their "personalities", because not all women have the same personality that falls into the social normality of how a woman is typically supposed to act. And there are plenty of cisgendered men, who biologically are males and identify themselves as males, who act, according to society, "like women".

Transgendered people don't undergo sex changes to "accept their own gender", they would be accepting their gender by not undergoing a sex change and remaining as their biological gender. They undergo sex changes because they feel as if they were meant to be the opposite gender, and they want to express that by looking like the opposite gender as well. They do it because they want to, not because anybody is asking/forcing them to.

We should love people for what gender they are? Twisting and distorting the body to become multi-gendered? What the ******** are you talking about? Are you like, implying that we're encouraging people to be transgendered? Because we aren't, and I have no idea where you're getting this sick, twisted viewpoint from. You're almost as prejudice as homophobic people. That's really a shame, coming from somebody who is openly LGBT.

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
dolly milk
silverbird6
it sounds to me like just another term, for bisexual people who still want to be 'different from the crowd' not that bisexuality is becoming more and more of the norm.
the only context it has any point in is multigendered people (which would still have the hormones of one gender or the other depending on how they're born or altered, mind you) or fairy tail dreams in which men magically become women.
I don't look up to people who go through sex-change operations anyways; sure i probably act more like a girl than a guy, but im not gonna chop off my d**k or turn it inside-out just so i can accept my own gender. I'd still argue that you should just love people for what gender they are, instead of twisting and distorting the body to become multi-gendered, but you probably wouldn't see where I'm coming from (you're pansexual, after all =P)

... Are you ******** serious right now? Now you're mocking and denying people's sexual orientations just because it's something that you are incapable of understanding? That's like a straight person saying that bisexual and homosexual people are really straight, but are just going through a "teenage phase" just so that they can be different and look cool. How would you like it if I told you that you're just a paranoid scene kid looking for attention, and that you can't POSSIBLY be bisexual if you prefer females over males? There's no such thing as liking one thing more than the other, you must really be straight. Your discrimination has literally disgusted me.

Since you've obviously failed your English classes, how about I educate you a little bit here: two things having different definitions means that they are not the same thing. WOW! Who could've guessed that one?!

I'll repeat myself again: bisexual is limited to cisgendered people, pansexual is in regards to all people of all genders. There is much more out there to identify as than just cisgendered, so drop your prejudiced ******** bullshit. Hormones do not equate to personality, since you seem to think that everybody acts in the same way according to the traditional image of what their gender is supposed to act like, then why are their men out there who "act like girls", and why do tomboys exist? You can't say that you prefer women because of their "personalities", because not all women have the same personality that falls into the social normality of how a woman is typically supposed to act. And there are plenty of cisgendered men, who biologically are males and identify themselves as males, who act, according to society, "like women".

Transgendered people don't undergo sex changes to "accept their own gender", they would be accepting their gender by not undergoing a sex change and remaining as their biological gender. They undergo sex changes because they feel as if they were meant to be the opposite gender, and they want to express that by looking like the opposite gender as well. They do it because they want to, not because anybody is asking/forcing them to.

We should love people for what gender they are? Twisting and distorting the body to become multi-gendered? What the ******** are you talking about? Are you like, implying that we're encouraging people to be transgendered? Because we aren't, and I have no idea where you're getting this sick, twisted viewpoint from. You're almost as prejudice as homophobic people. That's really a shame, coming from somebody who is openly LGBT.

let me disgust you further by informing you that i graduated highschool, taking two english classes my last year, one of them being a college-credit class, passed with a 3.5+ GPA a year earlier than i would've graduated, and am currently in college =P
but now that you're done insulting my education despite my ability to write just as well as anyone else on gaia's forum, my dislike of pansexuals equates to your attitude, ignorance, and egotistical attitude towards others xD
i do not and will never love any multigendered or non-gendered individuals, which, despite my disposition towards the negative beleifs, is neither a racist or sexist view (they don't even have a sex)
not that they're bad people, it's just too weird for me
never knew that the term 'pansexual' only applied to freak shows, thanks for clearing that one up for me
and about sex-change operations, did you even read my last statement? i admitted that I think I act more like a chick than a dude, on most occasions, and would have rather been one, but wont ever because I'm not going to commit the taboo of changing the gender given to me.
People who have to change their gender to feel secure about their own self-image, in my opinion atleast, have some serious mental problems, and ought to be seeking guidance through counseling, not the hacksaws and scalpels in a sex-change facility, to feel satisfied by the bodies they have.

Shy Fairy

silverbird6
let me disgust you further by informing you that i graduated highschool, taking two english classes my last year, one of them being a college-credit class, passed with a 3.5+ GPA a year earlier than i would've graduated, and am currently in college =P

One, I really don't care about what type of education you have/had, so quit using your "intelligence" as an excuse to make up for your bullshit prejudice views. And two, somebody with that kind of education should know that two words that have completely different definitions do not equate to the same things; common sense, buddy.

silverbird6
my dislike of pansexuals equates to your attitude, ignorance, and egotistical attitude towards others xD

What "egotistical attitude" do you speak of? What ignorance? If you're going to make claims as ridiculous and illogical as these, then at least elaborate.

silverbird6
i do not and will never love any multigendered or non-gendered individuals, which, despite my disposition towards the negative beleifs, is neither a racist or sexist view (they don't even have a sex)

Okay, that's fine. Nobody is asking you to like a certain gender/sex, I'm simply saying, do not discriminate against one just because you don't understand it. "They don't even have a sex"? What the ******** are you talking about? EVERYBODY has genitalia, therefore everybody has a sex, GENDER and SEX are not the same things, GENDER equates to what you identify as in regards to mentality and physical appearance.

silverbird6
never knew that the term 'pansexual' only applied to freak shows, thanks for clearing that one up for me

And yet again, more prejudiced, discriminatory bullshit. Get the ******** out.

silverbird6
People who have to change their gender to feel secure about their own self-image, in my opinion atleast, have some serious mental problems, and ought to be seeking guidance through counseling, not the hacksaws and scalpels in a sex-change facility, to feel satisfied by the bodies they have.

... Did you really just ******** say that transgendered people have MENTAL ISSUES? Are you ******** KIDDING me right now? Are you really this ******** pathetic and disgusting? Do you feel the same way about people who wear make-up because they think it makes them look prettier? Were you raised in a ******** barn? You want to talk about having an egotistical attitude, look at yourself. You think you're so high and ******** mighty just because you haven't undergone gender change surgery, and anyone who has is sick in the head? Just because they want to look a certain way? What a sad excuse of a human being you are. Shame on you.

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
dolly milk
silverbird6

One, I really don't care about what type of education you have/had, so quit using your "intelligence" as an excuse to make up for your bullshit prejudice views. And two, somebody with that kind of education should know that two words that have completely different definitions do not equate to the same things; common sense, buddy.

silverbird6
my dislike of pansexuals equates to your attitude, ignorance, and egotistical attitude towards others xD

What "egotistical attitude" do you speak of? What ignorance? If you're going to make claims as ridiculous and illogical as these, then at least elaborate.

silverbird6

Okay, that's fine. Nobody is asking you to like a certain gender/sex, I'm simply saying, do not discriminate against one just because you don't understand it. "They don't even have a sex"? What the ******** are you talking about? EVERYBODY has genitalia, therefore everybody has a sex, GENDER and SEX are not the same things, GENDER equates to what you identify as in regards to mentality and physical appearance.

silverbird6

And yet again, more prejudiced, discriminatory bullshit. Get the ******** out.

silverbird6

... Did you really just ******** say that transgendered people have MENTAL ISSUES? Are you ******** KIDDING me right now? Are you really this ******** pathetic and disgusting? Do you feel the same way about people who wear make-up because they think it makes them look prettier? Were you raised in a ******** barn? You want to talk about having an egotistical attitude, look at yourself. You think you're so high and ******** mighty just because you haven't undergone gender change surgery, and anyone who has is sick in the head? Just because they want to look a certain way? What a sad excuse of a human being you are. Shame on you.

b***h b***h b***h
its hard to tell if you're trolling me or not ^^;
im saying people who go through gender-changes have mental issues, keep your panties on
im racist and sexist, its no surprise to me that i dont like transgendered people...
yeah because if i were a chick i'd totally want to saw off one of my tits and be a uniboob, that would totallly be publically acceptable if i wanted that
and yes, people who wear make-up shouldnt bother xD
and models are stupid
anything else to clear up?

Shy Fairy

silverbird6
b***h b***h b***h
im saying people who go through gender-changes have mental issues, keep your panties on
im racist and sexist, its no surprise to me that i dont like transgendered people...
yeah because if i were a chick i'd totally want to saw off one of my tits and be a uniboob, that would totallly be publically acceptable if i wanted that
and models are stupid

Trolling? I can't tell if you're really this ******** sad, disgusting and idiotic, or if you're just trolling, since this is the internet which equates to breeding grounds for people who like to piss other people off.. which prejudiced freaks like you fall into the blatant category of.

Whether it's considered "publicly acceptable" or not is irrelevant, wanting to look a certain way is their own personal choice, somebody's appearance does not make them mentally ill, it's transphobes like you who keep it from being "publicly acceptable" by degraded and discriminating against them for it. Sexist? I thought you were bisexual, no? Or is that just another attempt to make yourself seem cool and accepting when you really aren't? Seriously, make up your mind. You're seriously convincing me that you are a troll.

And again, with the type of "education" that you merely CLAIM to have, I doubt you would be using such shitty of grammar and spelling as you are right now. So, once again, trying to make yourself seem high and mighty off of some bullshit school formula that you were brainwashed into the memorizing does not make up for your prejudiced wrongs.

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
dolly milk
silverbird6
b***h b***h b***h
and models are stupid

Trolling? I can't tell if you're really this ******** sad, disgusting and idiotic, or if you're just trolling, since this is the internet which equates to breeding grounds for people who like to piss other people off.. which prejudiced freaks like you fall into the blatant category of.

Whether it's considered "publicly acceptable" or not is irrelevant, wanting to look a certain way is their own personal choice, somebody's appearance does not make them mentally ill, it's transphobes like you who keep it from being "publicly acceptable" by degraded and discriminating against them for it. Sexist? I thought you were bisexual, no? Or is that just another attempt to make yourself seem cool and accepting when you really aren't? Seriously, make up your mind. You're seriously convincing me that you are a troll.

And again, with the type of "education" that you merely CLAIM to have, I doubt you would be using such shitty of grammar and spelling as you are right now. So, once again, trying to make yourself seem high and mighty off of some bullshit school formula that you were brainwashed into the memorizing does not make up for your prejudiced wrongs.

Yeah you're just in bitching-mode now >w>
the public as a whole is sexist, because of gender roles
same with racism, due to reverse-racism
but im not gonna argue with you about those too, that would take all day, and all i'd do is get bitched at more xD
so im not gonna reply after this, so go ahead and leave your smartass reply to this last comment so you'll feel like you've won your little argument, so the world can move on =P
to me pansexuals are just weirdos that cant satisfy their sexual or emotional needs, whichever, with both natural-human genders >w> and thats worrisome to me

Shy Fairy

silverbird6
so im not gonna reply after this, so go ahead and leave your smartass reply to this last comment so you'll feel like you've won your little argument, so the world can move on =P
to me pansexuals are just weirdos that cant satisfy their sexual or emotional needs, whichever, with both natural-human genders >w> and thats worrisome to me

So then homosexual people can't satisfy their sexual needs in the biological way that nature intended it to be(male x female)? Or bisexual people can't satisfy their sexual or emotional needs with just one type of person? That's what you're implying, correct? Because you can't possibly be bisexual if you like women, there's no such thing as preferring one thing over the other.

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
dolly milk
silverbird6

So then homosexual people can't satisfy their sexual needs in the biological way that nature intended it to be(male x female)? Or bisexual people can't satisfy their sexual or emotional needs with just one type of person? That's what you're implying, correct? Because you can't possibly be bisexual if you like women, there's no such thing as preferring one thing over the other.

i wish you wouldn't ask stuff when i implied i was done arguing >w>
regarding bisexuality, people tend to have a preference for one gender or the other, but since they're still open enough to do both, they're still bisexual
just because I prefer women more than men, doesn't mean I'm straight; I'd still do a guy, and you can't be straight if you'd go out with a guy =/

edit(add): so yes, there is very much so such a thing as "preferring one gender over another"

Shy Fairy

silverbird6
regarding bisexuality, people tend to have a preference for one gender or the other, but since they're still open enough to do both, they're still bisexual
just because I prefer women more than men, doesn't mean I'm straight; I'd still do a guy, and you can't be straight if you'd go out with a guy =/

edit(add): so yes, there is very much so such a thing as "preferring one gender over another"

Which clears up my exact argument regarding pansexuality. Pansexuality does not mean loving each gender equally, meaning we can have preference of one gender over the other, but are still tolerant of all genders as a whole. I prefer penises over vaginas, does that mean I'm straight? No. I'm also open to more than just cisgendered people. Does that make me bisexual? No. So quit discriminating against one orientation for something when it's the exact same concept as your own, simply because you're only in favor of the one that applies to you.

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
dolly milk
silverbird6

Which clears up my exact argument regarding pansexuality. Pansexuality does not mean loving each gender equally, meaning we can have preference of one gender over the other, but are still tolerant of all genders as a whole. I prefer penises over vaginas, does that mean I'm straight? No. I'm also open to more than just cisgendered people. Does that make me bisexual? No. So quit discriminating against one orientation for something when it's the exact same concept as your own, simply because you're only in favor of the one that applies to you.

discrimination between sexual orientations sounds stupid xD and nonexistant as far as i know
so yeah, pansexual means you like multigendered people in some fashon? =/
sorry, multigendered people just dont make it in my books, they either get that way through birth defects or taboo surgical operations >w>

Shy Fairy

silverbird6
discrimination between sexual orientations sounds stupid xD and nonexistant as far as i know
sorry, multigendered people just dont make it in my books, they either get that way through birth defects or taboo surgical operations >w>

Nonexistent? Evidently not, since earlier you proved a prime example of it. Your first statement was rather illogical and hypocritical, seeing as how not too long ago you were discriminating against pansexuals by mocking our sexuality as "really just being bisexual" and simply "wanting to be different", rather than recognizing and respecting it as a real sexual orientation.

Pansexuality consists of both cisgendered, transgendered, agendered and intersex people alike. Bisexuality is solely in regards to cisgendered people only, thus proving a difference in definitions, meaning the two are not the same thing.

Being born a hermaphrodite is extremely rare, but that does not mean it doesn't exist. Same thing goes for transgendered people; they were not born that way, but that does not mean they don't exist. Not everyone is cisgendered, or identifies as the same gender that their biological sex does. Pansexuality acknowledges these people and allows them to know that they are not alone in this world.

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
dolly milk
silverbird6

Nonexistent? Evidently not, since earlier you proved a prime example of it. Your first statement was rather illogical and hypocritical, seeing as how not too long ago you were discriminating against pansexuals by mocking our sexuality as "really just being bisexual" and simply "wanting to be different", rather than recognizing and respecting it as a real sexual orientation.

Pansexuality consists of both cisgendered, transgendered, agendered and intersex people alike. Bisexuality is solely in regards to cisgendered people only, thus proving a difference in definitions, meaning the two are not the same thing.

Being born a hermaphrodite is extremely rare, but that does not mean it doesn't exist. Same thing goes for transgendered people; they were not born that way, but that does not mean they don't exist. Not everyone is cisgendered, or identifies as the same gender that their biological sex does. Pansexuality acknowledges these people and allows them to know that they are not alone in this world.
like i said, not into it ^^; you aren't convincing me to change my sexuality xP

Shy Fairy

silverbird6

Who said I was trying to convince people to change their sexuality? I am simply explaining to you the concept of pansexuality and how it is different from bisexuality, therefore not to be confused with it. Educating those who do not understand is not equivalent to "convincing" them to do something.

Enduring Streaker

4,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
dolly milk
silverbird6

Who said I was trying to convince people to change their sexuality? I am simply explaining to you the concept of pansexuality and how it is different from bisexuality, therefore not to be confused with it. Educating those who do not understand is not equivalent to "convincing" them to do something.
a preacher would make the same argument while talking about god, and reciting passages from the bible haha >w<
but yes, i know pansexuals are people who accept those whom i refer to as freaks of nature >w>
thats all i need to know now >w< hope you enjoy opening your body up to weirdos e.e

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff