Welcome to Gaia! ::

So. Let's say some guy tries to kill you, so you get into a fight. Either through luck or skill you get the upper hand, and you're in a position where you can kill him. You know that he'd have killed you if he had the chance - do you kill him, or do you let him go?

Or what if the same thing happens, except instead of trying to kill you, he tried to kill a good friend of yours? Or what if he actually did kill that friend?

What would it take for you to take a life?

Imminent personal danger that could not possibly be resolved any other way.
Actually, not much thinking would be involved. While it is easy to say, it's against my personal beliefs to kill under any circumstance, your body will act to protect itself. Through all the hormones (or heat of the moment), you may kill that person, especially if your life is on the line.

Now if I had to protect a friend, then by law I must help that person. If killing was my only choice, then I would have to take it and live with the consequences.
I'd like to think I'll never take a life, but as was already pointed out, your body takes over in cases of imminent danger. Still, whenever given a conscious choice, I choose mercy.
I'll only kill someone if they try to kill me.
But I would feel sssooooo guilty afterwords.
I would prefer mercy.
It's just in my nature to be forgiving.
it's even hard for me to punish my daughter.

Profitable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
If you're in a position to kill, you're also in a position to dispense humility.
there is no other way to do it. taking a life is the ultimate crime, and the only punishment for it is death.
OrderInChaos
there is no other way to do it. taking a life is the ultimate crime, and the only punishment for it is death.
So in a way, you'd be the judge, jury, and executioner?
OrderInChaos

That depends on societal standards. Policemen and troops at times must use fatal force. However, they are not seen as murderers.

A person who is trying to protect their friend or loved ones are trying to do the exact same thing as those figures, so why must they be put to death?
The Final Firestorm
OrderInChaos

no. a man who has decided to kill another has already condemned himself. you would only be the executioner.
GreenAnt

Imminent personal danger that could not possibly be resolved any other way.

^This. There's no way I could word it better myself.
Professor Blue
OrderInChaos

That depends on societal standards. Policemen and troops at times must use fatal force. However, they are not seen as murderers.

A person who is trying to protect their friend or loved ones are trying to do the exact same thing as those figures, so why must they be put to death?

a policeman uses fatal force against someone who would use the same force against him or others. someone protecting anyone, whether related or not, is justified if the other person was intending to do murder.
OrderInChaos
The Final Firestorm
OrderInChaos

no. a man who has decided to kill another has already condemned himself. you would only be the executioner.
By your judgment, you mean. Would you then say that anyone who has ever killed someone deserves to die? Where do you draw the line?
use my belt to tie up the guy's hands, then prod him towards a public area with whatever he was going to kill me with, then get someone to call the police for me, likely using my cellphone if they don't have one. if I'm saving a friend, I don't have to go anywhere, just get the friend to use my cellphone.
Wonder why and sort it out. If it's for no good reason (jealousy, etc.) I might. However, if I wronged him, mercy. Why kill when you doing him harm before is why he wants to kill you?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff