Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

Psychotic Bovine
Nyan_Derek
Psychotic Bovine
I don't understand something. You're the one who was saying in another thread "HURR AUTISTIC CHILDREN SHOULD BE ABORTED DURING PREGNANCY", yet you're suddenly sympathetic about something? Don't get me wrong, rape is bad, mm'kay. But it seems highly hypocritical, you seem like the one who would join in with the "HURP DEE DURP THEY GETTIN RAPED CUZ THEY'S CLOTHES IS NAUGHTY".

Dude, leave me the Hell alone. >.> Stop putting words in my mouth. Show me the quote where I said autistic children should be aborted. It isn't any of your business what I care about. Stop stalking me, you crazy freak. Get a life.

So defensive. I realized that I mistook your avatar for another person's avatar, and I misread your username under his posts. But if you know you've done nothing wrong, why are you getting so defensive? Should really take a chill pill :B

I'm not accountable for my mistakes either.

WE SO TOTALLY CONNECT AND SHOULD BE FRIENDS!

1,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Psychotic Bovine
Nyan_Derek
Psychotic Bovine
I don't understand something. You're the one who was saying in another thread "HURR AUTISTIC CHILDREN SHOULD BE ABORTED DURING PREGNANCY", yet you're suddenly sympathetic about something? Don't get me wrong, rape is bad, mm'kay. But it seems highly hypocritical, you seem like the one who would join in with the "HURP DEE DURP THEY GETTIN RAPED CUZ THEY'S CLOTHES IS NAUGHTY".

Dude, leave me the Hell alone. >.> Stop putting words in my mouth. Show me the quote where I said autistic children should be aborted. It isn't any of your business what I care about. Stop stalking me, you crazy freak. Get a life.

So defensive. I realized that I mistook your avatar for another person's avatar, and I misread your username under his posts. But if you know you've done nothing wrong, why are you getting so defensive? Should really take a chill pill :B

Because you've been harrassing me. That's why.

Beloved Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Nyan_Derek
Psychotic Bovine
Nyan_Derek
Psychotic Bovine

Because you've been harrassing me. That's why.

I don't think I'm harassing you, I think you're being over-sensitive.

Hilarious Genius

Psychotic Bovine

Perhaps she just thinks you're being ... bullish.

1,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Camillo
Psychotic Bovine

She...?

Hilarious Genius

Nyan_Derek
Camillo
Psychotic Bovine

She...?

Sure, whichever.

j/k he* I really wasn't paying attention

1,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Camillo
Nyan_Derek
Camillo
Psychotic Bovine

She...?

Sure, whichever.

j/k he* I really wasn't paying attention

It's ok.
Ontological Empiricism
Argus Plexus
I don't know any women who are in constant fear of being raped. s**t happens, get used to it. No reason to have a knee-jerk reaction to anything, that never solves the problem.

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. neutral

"I was raped."
"s**t happens, get used to it."

neutral
You miss the point of my statement. I was not saying get used to it to victims, I said just because bad things happen is no reason to walk around in constant fear. Bad things happen, it's a fact of life so get used to it, live your life.

1,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Argus Plexus
Ontological Empiricism
Argus Plexus
I don't know any women who are in constant fear of being raped. s**t happens, get used to it. No reason to have a knee-jerk reaction to anything, that never solves the problem.

"I was raped."

neutral
You miss the point of my statement. I was not saying get used to it to victims, I said just because bad things happen is no reason to walk around in constant fear. Bad things happen, it's a fact of life so get used to it, live your life.

Do you really blame them?
Nyan_Derek
Argus Plexus
Ontological Empiricism
Argus Plexus

"I was raped."

neutral

Do you really blame them?
No but I think it's silly to walk around going "OMG what if I get raped?" Unless you're in the hood, that's a different story.
aim and pull the trigger. sounds simple enough.
Women are physically weaker than Men 90% of the time, regardless of how equal they believe they are. Therefore they they must be taught to defend sweatdrop

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Bob and Others
marshmallowcreampie
Bob and Others

Did you know some people will do whatever you tell them they can't or shouldn't just because you tried to control them? Crazy, huh. You really can't teach the populace well enough to eliminate rape. Noble goal and all that, but some people just don't work right.

We can't eliminate it, but perhaps we can reduce it, as well as make it easier for people to come forward. Make the definition of rape very clear, a lot of people aren't aware that pressuring someone into sex or having sex with them while they're drunk is rape. Instead of placing responsibility on the victim, place it on the rapist. There are all these "rape prevention" tips but they mostly have to do with avoiding strangers, but it spreads misinformation by implying that most rape is done by strangers in the alley, when the large majority are by people the victim knows. I think victims would be more likely to come forward about their incident if more was done to make them feel comfortable. When all the responsibility is placed on the victim like it is now, they're more likely to have the idea that it's at least partially their fault so they're less likely to come forward. Eliminate the victim blaming, it might not reduce rape but it would make it easier for victims to report it.

Every time someone goes on about eliminating victim blaming I worry they are going to wind up not even allowing good advice to be passed on how to defend onesself. When someone is raped they shouldn't be told it's their own fault. But tell people the kinds of situations rapists are likely to turn up and behaviors that rapists are drawn to. Warning people where there is danger is just good manners. Some people call that victim blaming. eh
How do you protect yourself against a rapist? Most rapes occur between those who are familiar with one another, and incest is not uncommon. What do you do when you are a dependent child who is being raped by your father? Or if you are being raped by someone you don't want to hurt, or someone you thought you could trust? Self-defense is always a good thing to learn, but a huge problem is that shock and/or a fear of dying prevents many people from defending themselves. This isn't like locking your car door before you go into the store.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Dr Null
Women are physically weaker than Men 90% of the time, regardless of how equal they believe they are. Therefore they they must be taught to defend sweatdrop
In a time in which guns, knives, drugs, and other tools are not uncommonly used in this circumstance, brute strength is not much of an advantage anyway.

Fashionable Lunatic

1,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Dr Null

Welcome to the modern era, where strength of body don't mean much when a knife or bullet drives home. Being weaker doesn't make another person stronger. Even the weakest person can bring down a titan.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff