Welcome to Gaia! ::

ahahah hello again ed I know how much you guys love me no jk most of you probably don't know who I am

an interesting topic has come to light recently in my life and that was the topic of veganism.
I, myself, am not a vegan. I do know people who are & that's all fine and well, but there's certain vegans who like to berate people who aren't vegans and I am aware that these vegans have caused the term "bloodmouth" to start floating around the internet
bloodmouth: An insult or slur commonly used by vegans for people who eat meat, indicating their distaste for eating creatures that bleed.

nowwwwwww I was wondering, wonderful ED, what your thoughts on the fact that this term actually exists?
do you find it disgusting that some vegans actually use this slur towards others?
and also, do you understand veganism? if you're a vegan, do you find it disgusting that others eat meat? why?
do you believe that eating meat is just a part of the circle of life?
for the vegans out there I am really curious as to how you feel towards the fact that the animals you're protecting by not eating are, a lot of the time, meat eaters themselves?

for those of you who do eat meat: what are your thoughts on vegans? have you ever considered dropping meat out of your diet?

I'm really just trying to become more educated on this subject; any information/conversation on it would be interesting! 4laugh

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
It doesn't surprise me; a lot of vegans are so self-righteous about their veganism. If you hate eating meat, fine, more power to you, but eating meat doesn'tt make me a bad person; it makes me human
Most vegetarians could and would eat meat if there were a way to produce it without producing a being with a nervous system along with it.

I suspect many vegans, being driven by similar motivations, would do the same.

I suppose that slurs aren't about distinguishing the groups in a logical manner, though. You can't make "I'd eat that burger if it didn't involve enslaving and eventually killing a cow and I think you're a d**k for promoting cow enslavement/killing" into an insult that's both pithy and accurate.

That's why I prefer political correctness. Given the choice between pithy and accurate, I'd take accurate.
I don't know how vegans/vegetarians can take pride in eating living creatures that can't cry out in pain. Self-righteous hypocrites the lot of them are. They should try eating rocks and dirt or perhaps adopt photosynthesis, then I'll give them the tip of my hat.

That being said, when did anyone start caring about what vegans have to say?

Dedicated Reveler

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Well I've only heard it online, not that I meet vegans in person.

Personally I just find it hilarious. Makes us non-vegans sounds intimidating.
I always feel bad when vegans get slammed. The loudest voices in a group are the ones that get heard and they are usually the most stupid. Not to mention it's usually a small number of people with extreme views. There's nothing wrong with fighting for something you're passionate about (in this case animal cruelty) but slurring people and being a p***k is not helping your cause.

Besides, people will eat meat. I think we should accept that. I'm more concerned about how the meat is raised. There's no reason to but these poor animals through the hell that they go through just to save a few quick bucks. If the animals were taken care of in a healthy, humane manor and killed without pain, I would have no problem with raising animals for food. The way we raise our meat right now is disgusting. And unhealthy animals = unhealthy meat = unhealthy people. It's an environmental disaster too.

I'm not a vegan. I tried to be a vegetarian but it's sometimes difficult to get around eating meat. Mainly when I go to restaurants or to someone's house. I don't like being an inconvenience, so being all "I can't eat here or eat this" is a problem for me. So instead I just eat less meat and now I barely eat it at all unless I'm going out somewhere.
Sohisohi
I don't know how vegans/vegetarians can take pride in eating living creatures that can't cry out in pain. Self-righteous hypocrites the lot of them are. They should try eating rocks and dirt or perhaps adopt photosynthesis, then I'll give them the tip of my hat.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aged Lunatic

You think that's the worst thing Vegans have come up with?

They're apparently planning genocide.

Vegan Earth 2019 movement

What is God's message for you in this year 2012?

//--

1- Become Vegan

2- Create a strong faith in ME (God)

If you do, I let you live

else

I will kill you in 2018

And

I will keep you in hell for 300 years

To learn by Experience

That

I exist

Hell exists

If you are good, heaven exists too

You will believe

When you are there and see it

--//

All humans, all of you will be killed
(except than those who fulfill two declared conditions)

Exactly in those dates and times I have written in the home page

Under

WARNING

The Unity, the Creator of the Universes, Earth and all in between, God of Abraham, David, Solomon, Moses, Jesus and Mohammad, the God the Father, Adonai, Jehovah, Allah, Ahura Mazda, Dao, Narayan, Bhagavan, Vishnu, the Existence as a whole, the Unified string filed of consciousness that rules the 11 dimensions of the known space-time in this Universe and limitless unknown material and non-material other Universes, (All are ONE). It decided. It is written. It is done.

Justice will be enforced on the Earth as follows. Two miracles and one global execution.

1- 19 June 2018 all butchers all over the world, 12 noon (Greenwich) will die painless quick.

2- 57 days after that, all hunters who have not been Vegan for the past 42 days, will die as above.

3- 114 days after that, all humans who have not been Vegan for the past 42 days will die, as above.

Present estimation 5 billion.

4- Surviving Vegans will have some tough time dealing with emotional traumas, the dead, economical, production, workforce and chaos. Free large scale global expert psychological counseling will be provided. They will survive, pro-create and fill the earth again.

A VEGAN EARTH. kindness is the rule

An Earth with one law above all other laws, enforced in all governments that Vegans will establish themselves.

Global Equal Legal Rights for all human and non-human animals.
Court, Evidence, death penalty. We ensure its enforcement for one human generation
then we will leave the Earth.

Behold the miracles. Learn. Become Vegan. Become kind. Survive.

Else, you will be dead in those dates and as a gift of the God will get the chance to be reborn again and again. . . in a Vegan kind world.

It is decided. It is done.

Wish you happiness
the Moses

01 Nov 2012

For you and your sheep, cow, chicken, horse, camel,... fish and pig friends little guy, who are being tortured and killed in concentration camps. WE WLL KILL 5 billion non-vegan humans. So they do not dream about repeating this INJUSTICE ever again.

For those ALIVE yellow chickes who were grinded alive grinded in machines

For those bunnies who were skinned ALIVE - SKINNED ALIVE.

I will send these parasites - all non-vegan human animals - to HELL

yes

HELL

painful / quick death now

becasue I have mercy on VEGANS whom I keep

I do not want them see suffering of these parasites now.

BUT

I keep these parasites in HELL for 3 centuries.

They beleive it EXISTS when they are there, and see it, and be burned again and again and again ...

Re-incarnation is a GIFT.

I do NOT give them that gift, until I torturte them enough in HELL.

This is
Promise of
Narayan, Jehovah, Allah, God, Unity
The Creator of Universes
Behold My Anger
It is decided. It is done

Exactly on that time, read the times above.

We do it for you little animal.

VEGAN or DEAD

Another alternative exists NOT.

WARNING

God believer Vegans (only) will own the Earth in 2019.
Estimated survival number after genocide of 2018 is very low. Learn. Be among them.
Fill the Churches, Mosques and Temples and learn faith for God and become Vegan.
Both conditions should apply or you will be killed.

Aged Lunatic

And these guys have a video too...

http://www.youtube.com/user/x21x21x21
Evil Asparagus
Sohisohi

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
emotion_brofist

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
GunsmithKitten
You think that's the worst thing Vegans have come up with?

They're apparently planning genocide.

Vegan Earth 2019 movement

Snipped for length.

Only want to say: God is not Vegan. He had no problem with the sacrificial lamb and whatnot.

Fanatical Zealot

I think it's silly.

I could understand why you would want to but it's just not practical.

I think it's more questionable what a vegan's position on Abortion is.

I mean if taking the life of an animal is wrong what about a human baby?

Dapper Reveler

Queen Shining Heaven
Did you draw the picture in your sig, it's really nice.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Avgvsto
Queen Shining Heaven

No, it's from Deviantart

Dapper Reveler

Queen Shining Heaven
Avgvsto
Queen Shining Heaven

No, it's from Deviantart
oh, umm, I'm not exactly sure what that means but please compliment the artist for me

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff