Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unsealed Phantom

GunsmithKitten
Arkenholm
I don't see why people debate the existence of god so much. The only way it would matter to me is if somehow religious people's beliefs threatened people's safety. But it doesn't, not in first world countries at least. I can burn a bible, Quran or any other book in my front yard legally. In short, I don't care about stupid people or illogical beliefs as long as they pose no threat to me.

What if those beliefs then go on to dictate laws over you as a non-believer?

That's allready happened in the US. The belief that democracy is the way forward. Capitalism too. If you try to stop profit, you get punished.
I can see where the confusion happened. I forgot to add what I meant to add in the original post.

Lets assume God is real. Prove me, the Atheist, wrong.

Gaian

GunsmithKitten
AvenirLegacy
Don't test God; and by possible extension His or Her Believers.

In my opinion a true Theist not only studies religion, but also respects both it, and it's followers.

God does not need to be tested.

Which god?

Opps sorry; "God(s)"

Gaian

GunsmithKitten
AvenirLegacy
Guys just look at her fscking Avatar, then ask yourselves "Why should I take this broad seriously when she speaks of God(s), on an Online Forum in Extended Discussion?"

And if she jumps this; Ad Hominum, or however you spell-check it.

Youtube Speaks!

Gaian

Macodrone
I can see where the confusion happened. I forgot to add what I meant to add in the original post.

A-Theist or Non-Believer?
Suicidesoldier#1
It's all about faith silly.

How about you prove God doesn't exist.

Also it isn't circular logic.

God exists because he exists isn't circular, it's a statement.

Blue is blue because it's blue.

That not circular, that's a straight line.

Why does the universe exist; it just does?

Explain to me how that's better.

God is real, because the bible say's he's real, The bible is the word of God, because God is real, Because God wrote the bible, detailing himself as real because the bible say's God is real because God.....

Macodrone
I'm an Atheist myself.
I'm inviting any young earth creationist, or any theist in general to tell me why their God is real AND how he created us.

The first point rather demonstrates your unsuitability for the requested material.

Macodrone
I will not accept:
A: Circular reasoning
B: Newton's first law of thermodynamics
C: Arguments from Fallacy.

You must accept the material presented, that is your role in this.

Macodrone
Using logical thinking, and expressing your case logically. Explain, without using the word faith, or references to the bible, or how God proves himself because X made Y because Z was made by Y who wouldn't exist without X so X has to be true.

Learn the word tautology and use it, it will make things easier.

Macodrone
If God is real, you should be more than capable of explaining how without making superstitious references.

If Higgs' bosun is real you should be more than capable of explaining how without making unproven references.
Macodrone

Under that assumption the proof is in the premise.
Suicidesoldier#1
"superior"?

Yep.

Suicidesoldier#1
Oh, and what makes us intellectually superior?

Intellectually superior to all other lifeforms on earth? Do you really not think that we are?

Suicidesoldier#1
The fact Dolphins have higher I.Q.'s or the fact chimpanzees and gorillas are both physically and mentally capable of what we do?

I don't believe in the IQ testing system but even so I don't believe dolphins and chimpanzees and gorillaz are more intelligent than us. They aren't.

Suicidesoldier#1
The difference is we have the foundation of billions of people behind us, and that's what allows us to do what we do. xp
Yep, among other things including our Intelligence.

Suicidesoldier#1
Crap, it took us forever to come up with the bow and arrow, and then 50 years after the first computer it's mainstream and we have tiny ones, doubling in capacity every 2 years.
Your point?
GunsmithKitten
What if those beliefs then go on to dictate laws over you as a non-believer?

I don't believe they would but if they did then I suppose I would care.

Fanatical Zealot

Arkenholm
Suicidesoldier#1
"superior"?

Yep.

Suicidesoldier#1
Oh, and what makes us intellectually superior?

Intellectually superior to all other lifeforms on earth? Do you really not think that we are?

Suicidesoldier#1
The fact Dolphins have higher I.Q.'s or the fact chimpanzees and gorillas are both physically and mentally capable of what we do?

I don't believe in the IQ testing system but even so I don't believe dolphins and chimpanzees and gorillaz are more intelligent than us. They aren't.

Suicidesoldier#1
The difference is we have the foundation of billions of people behind us, and that's what allows us to do what we do. xp
Yep, among other things including our Intelligence.

Suicidesoldier#1
Crap, it took us forever to come up with the bow and arrow, and then 50 years after the first computer it's mainstream and we have tiny ones, doubling in capacity every 2 years.
Your point?

Considering the fact that there is no obvious sign of intelligence, and that the development of technology is the application of intelligence, and not intelligence itself, not really.

There is potential, and that potential allows for unlimited capabilities, so, in the end, it's a matter of how it's used.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
No Y.E.C. is going to bother with you, OP. As a Christian that also approves of and agrees with scientific discoveries, I have my own theory on what God could be, how we are made from their/its image, and all that jazz. But I'm not a Y.E.C., so I won't share it.
Suicidesoldier#1

There is potential, and that potential allows for unlimited capabilities, so, in the end, it's a matter of how it's used.

Please address specific points in my messages or else I won't know which part you are referring to.
UPG.

I know for a fact.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Macodrone
I'm an Atheist myself.
I'm inviting any young earth creationist, or any theist in general to tell me why their God is real AND how he created us.

I will not accept:
A: Circular reasoning
B: Newton's first law of thermodynamics
C: Arguments from Fallacy.

Using logical thinking, and expressing your case logically. Explain, without using the word faith, or references to the bible, or how God proves himself because X made Y because Z was made by Y who wouldn't exist without X so X has to be true.

If God is real, you should be more than capable of explaining how without making superstitious references.

Explain how the Earth was created scientifically, without using the words "It just was", or "I don't know".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff