Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aeslgard
Riahlize

And that is what is discussed here. You don't like it, why are you here?
I feel as if this is a troll thread.

Personally, I think a discussion of the discussion is a discussion worth having. It's an issue of communication, not beliefs. While people are trying to prove things about god or lack of god in other threads, this thread could be used to discuss the techniques used in the other threads, possible motivations and shaping factors behind the debate, and the effect of the debate on the lives of those who engage in them.

Aw nuts, I thought this thread was posted in the religion and morality board.

As for your reply, I'm not opposed to a discussion about our discussions. I'm opposed to the OP whining and bitching about it as their opening and name for this post.

Dapper Hunter

Riahlize

As for your reply, I'm not opposed to a discussion about our discussions. I'm opposed to the OP whining and bitching about it as their opening and name for this post.

Ahhh. Yes, I could see what that might rankle, particularly with a title like this. XD It is very negative.
Aeslgard
Riahlize

Ahhh. Yes, I could see what that might rankle, particularly with a title like this. XD It is very negative.

Yeah.. That's why I thought it was a troll thread. I thought it was posted in the religion and morality board......complaining about religious discussions.

But now I know it's in the extended discussion, I think the OP could have begun without being so....whiny.

Beloved Inquisitor

MIKAHCHO v3

Why can't we just let people believe/support whatever it is they believe/support and talk about more pressing issues?

Because beliefs guide actions. You simply cannot leave religion out of discussion when talking about the "more pressing issues." Religion affects people's social and political views and how we see and interact with the world... the fact that you're "tired of hearing about it" doesn't make it less relevant. In any major social/political conflict (abortion, LGBT rights, healthcare, poverty, war) religion is going to be a factor. I'd love it if everyone could keep their religion to themselves but it's not going to happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff