Welcome to Gaia! ::

What would you do?

Situation: Your friend cheated on his partner. He stopped, however, and cut off the person he was cheating with. You doubt he will do it again with anyone else. You see your friend's partner around sometimes and she's a pretty nice person.

Would you want your friend to be honest with his partner or do you think that it is worth it to tell if he remains faithful from that point on?

I am directly involved with the situation here and I don't know if I should do anything about it?? Anyone here with experience?

Diamond Nymph

4,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
friend? honest? lol

he's a boy so don't get your hopes up. all boys cheat.
my advice is to disconnect and realize human nature is to self pollute. he will dig his own hole and have to sit in it when the time comes.
Lord Virile
friend? honest? lol

my advice is to disconnect and realize human nature is to self pollute. he will dig his own hole and have to sit in it when the time comes.

He is my ex, and unfortunately due to a lapse of better judgment from both of us I am the one he cheated with and he no longer is talking to me. That I can understand, but I want him to be honest. And I know for a fact that not all boys cheat, that's a large statement to make.
Izzy980
What would you do?

Watch it play out. I seriously doubt things will work out between them even if you do nothing, but who knows.
A note: I have known this guy for a long time now and have witnessed his relationships. Before all this happened we were close friends. I can see this relationship means a lot more to him than any other he has been in (he even told me so), and he did cut me off for good reason. It makes me wonder if he is trying to change or if he will fall back into the same mistakes.

Diamond Nymph

4,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Izzy980
Lord Virile
friend? honest? lol

He is my ex, and unfortunately due to a lapse of better judgment from both of us I am the one he cheated with and he no longer is talking to me. That I can understand, but I want him to be honest. And I know for a fact that not all boys cheat, that's a large statement to make.

it's not. i said all boys cheat. men do not cheat. a man no matter how manly who cheats behind someones back is nothing but a little boy and vice versa. some 17 year old boy can be more of a man than most men. etc etc

a person like himself will probably never be honest until he hits rock bottom and has to realize the truth and build back up. honestly it sounds like he's not worth your time in any way and should be disposed of. learn to have no time for toxic people and you'll live/sleep better.
Lord Virile
it's not. i said all boys cheat. men do not cheat. a man no matter how manly who cheats behind someones back is nothing but a little boy and vice versa. some 17 year old boy can be more of a man than most men. etc etc

So basically you've come up with this whole category of human so that you could sound smarter than everybody? Neat.
Lord Virile
Izzy980
Lord Virile
friend? honest? lol

a person like himself will probably never be honest until he hits rock bottom and has to realize the truth and build back up. honestly it sounds like he's not worth your time in any way and should be disposed of. learn to have no time for toxic people and you'll live/sleep better.

Thanks, I am learning that. I don't think he is worth my time anymore; hence the ended friendship. I am adjusting and trying to forget the affair while still having learned from it. And you are right; he does avoid the truth until hitting rock bottom--it took me forever to see that. He has said verbatim "I don't really lie in my eyes, because I actually believe the lies I tell myself." It was jokingly in a casual conversation, but that is how he has been actually behaving.
Silent Mule Man
Lord Virile

So basically you've come up with this whole category of human so that you could sound smarter than everybody? Neat.

And guys, let's all agree that there really are good people and bad people and everyone is trying to figure out life. Kay? Hopefully no argument to ensue on the difference between boys and men...

Diamond Nymph

4,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Silent Mule Man
Lord Virile

Not really. It's called life experience, get some. I'm not even expressing a radical concept, I mean any real woman can tell you this and I'm a man. rofl

Izzy980
Lord Virile
Izzy980
Lord Virile
friend? honest? lol

Thanks, I am learning that. I don't think he is worth my time anymore; hence the ended friendship. I am adjusting and trying to forget the affair while still having learned from it. And you are right; he does avoid the truth until hitting rock bottom--it took me forever to see that. He has said verbatim "I don't really lie in my eyes, because I actually believe the lies I tell myself." It was jokingly in a casual conversation, but that is how he has been actually behaving.

See what I mean? Exactly. Liars get so accustomed to lying that they no longer see it as a lie. The human mind can convince itself of anything. He needs help and I wouldn't waste my time trying to give it to him considering how he's hurt you already. Let him stumble down his own road. You must be strong.
Lord Virile
Silent Mule Man
Lord Virile

Not really. It's called life experience, get some. I'm not even expressing a radical concept, I mean any real woman can tell you this and I'm a man. rofl

So, yes.

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Bribe 'em wit' th' knowledge ye hold 'bout his affair ta' get free stuff as a means ta' buy yer silence on th' issue
Kaptain K Rool
Bribe 'em wit' th' knowledge ye hold 'bout his affair ta' get free stuff as a means ta' buy yer silence on th' issue

Nah man that's pretty messed up though xd Yeah I am not getting involved in any more of his issues; too much to deal with

Diamond Nymph

4,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Silent Mule Man
Lord Virile
Silent Mule Man
Lord Virile

So, yes.

You're drunk. This has nothing about superiority or "being smarter" it's about morality and human psychology which doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out. You want to cheat on someone who considers you monogamous? If you had any balls you'd break up with said person first before you moved onto the other, if not you're probably a coward and/or liar who gets off on deception. FIN.

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Izzy980
Kaptain K Rool

Nah man that's pretty messed up though xd Yeah I am not getting involved in any more of his issues; too much to deal with
But... but... Free stuffs gonk

Be it not worth th' effort ta' gain matarial possessions fer oneself?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff