Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Homework.

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 6, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Homework, I hate it, dont we get enough crammed into our brains in the 35 hours a week that contain school? I can understand studying for a test and reading and all that but, accually, its not the homework in general, its the amount of homework. I know some people who stay up till 1 am because they need to finish their homework, and schools encourage kids to get a good nights sleep, why dont they HELP them get a good nights sleep by giving them less homework? stare
Some students have back problems because thier backpacks are too heavy because thier filled with textbooks and binders that no one learns anything from, and when the students ask thier teachers what they should do, they say to ask thier parents for help??? What good does that do? Are they supposed to make a machiene so the students backpacks will magically make them lighter? The best help to gice if someone has a backpack problem is the teachers by giving hem less homework. I mean, how much homework can you put in a backpack to accually make the one carrying the backpack have back problems?
Anyway, lets look at the average life of a, hmm, what age should I put...ELEVEN year old student. Theyve just come back from school and have a big assignment due tommorow, and no time to work on it on class, only five hours left to complete it, -1 for dinner, -2 for soccer practice, -1 for karate lessons. Now you have only one hour to finish it. Okay, you could just not go for karate lessons, if thats not enought time, then dont go to soccer practice, Still not enough??? What now? Dont EAT?
Yup, and yet adults say to "live your childhood to the fullest" fullest in what? Your report card? Ugh, my worst year was in grade 6 I got about 2 hours of homework a day, and I just guessed and cheated on my homework at that time. If I didnt do any of those and if I worked my hardest then then the amout of hours I spent on my homework would probably double. If I tried hard enough to slack off I would only have an hour of it, but that was rare.
Oh, and "its thier fault that %99.9 percent of students get too much homework." How? I shouldve worked on the assignment in class? Please, most times teachers just spend the whole period telling the students what to do, and then if they dont get the work they cant finish it, and then the next day the teacher bitches at them for not getting thier homework done.
"Just dont do your homework if you hate it so much then" I slack off at my homework so there will be less of it to do, I dont care if I get into college anymore. But, if someone accually did never do thier homework, theyll get Fs, you know what that will lead to, parents bitching, teachers hating them, you might even be put in a "special" class. And they wont accept you into any college, what to be a fashion designer? You cant be that without getting into college, want to be an actor? Youll be lucky if anyone accepts you when they find out youve never been to a college, want to be in one of the %99.9999999999999999 of GOOD jobs avalible? You cant do that without getting into college. If your lucky they will put you into a "special"(aka dumb) class and when youre an adult no one will hire you in ANY job because theyll think youre a dumbass and youll end up living on the street.
"Homework helps you learn." Learn? I dont know anyone who doesnt cheat or guess thier homework because if they dont theyd have no time for anything else. What good is that? Teaching kids to be dishonest and cheat. If anyone didnt do any of those and worked hard on thier homework, they would be MAJOR stressed, and theyd have no life outside of school. They would have 5 hours of homework a day on average, and one hour for dinner, and theyd probably skip dinner a lot because they need to finish homework.
I dont learn anything from school. I learn everything worth learning on my own, I love history, geography, and I'm currently learning morse code. I hooked up the telegraph myself. 3nodding I learn history in school, but I forget it in the end of the day, all I do is fill in a handout of what people did back then, then I forget about it. What really pisses me off is that whenever I answer a question my teacher never taught me they ask "what teacher did you learn that from?" God, do they accually think theyre teaching people anything or what?
You go to SCHOOL to learn, not home, people are acting like school is to sit around with some adult babbling usless stuff that you dont understand and home is for working on stuff you dont understand and will probably never use again in life. Anyway, what do you think about homework?
Argh, I dislike homework so much.. x.x
I have a lot of it, but I just don't really try on them.. I procrastinate so much, haha. *sigh* THey shouldn't give us that much, considering how some people have a lot of after school activities and such.

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
I hate homework and, literally, refuse to do it no matter what it does to mu grades. Homework was created because America wanted a way to extend the school day without having to pay the teachers longer hours. Other contries followed the example. sweatdrop
From the duplicated post:
Calm down. There's millions of people in the same boat as you.
Homework is an application without the teacher looming over your shoulder, telling you what to do. They're seeing if you can do things on your own and want to see if you can understand, so when it comes test time, you'll be prepared. The thing is, teachers hate giving out F's, because it means they fail, too: failed at teaching in an understandable way to you.
However, I go to school for 42.5 hours a week, and I have little time when I come home for homework. It's also kind of annoying and boring. School pretty much takes up my whole life.
But it's fun to learn. It's nice to have that "I'm smarter than before" feeling, so I do my work and do my best in school. Occasionally, I'll slack off because of too much work, but wait until you get a job and have a 10 or 11 hour-a-day job, and on top of that, your boss gives you a project to work on at home too. School's the easiest time of your life. Appriciate it while it gives you a dumbed-down version of the real world.
homework is a good way to boost grades but it is such busy work.

Excitable Comrade

kangaroo_wu
homework is a good way to boost grades but it is such busy work.
I agree on that startment, it is a good way to boost grades and give you a cushon to fall on if you do bad on a test. Yet it takes so much time you cant study anyway!
Teachers should get to assign all the homework they want... because trust me...If they got to, you wouldn't have any. You think it sucks to do your homework? Try having to go through yours and about 50 other peoples everyday. When you hand that stuff in you don't think it just magically grades itself do you? LET's HEAR IT FOR EVERY TEACHER ON EARTH! You've got the job of a mother with about as much respect and about the same pay.
i despise homework. I dont mind school work, but when they give me like, two hours a day for homework is when i go ballistic. After school, the two hours of homework, dinner, chores, THERES ONLY 2 MORE HOURS OF THE DAY. oiy.

but thats not the point.
the point is, i can understand a little bit. If you do it, it can help you review for the next day. But like two hours worth is just stupid.
home work is boring, though sometimes I do need the practice.
Maybe if you did your homework you'd learn about my dear friend, Mr. Paragraph.
I Say!
From the duplicated post:
Calm down. There's millions of people in the same boat as you.
Well accually, I didnt post duplicate posts because I was mad, I did it by accident.
Homeworks sucks, but just look at the alternative?

Three hours of work in the evening now followed by a cushy life of well paid pleasure, or ridiculously long (and underpaid) hours working in a factory in a few years.

I know which I'd prefer!

*goes off to finish English Language coursework which still have 1000 words to go* crying
TomokazuExtreme
Teachers should get to assign all the homework they want... because trust me...If they got to, you wouldn't have any. You think it sucks to do your homework? Try having to go through yours and about 50 other peoples everyday. When you hand that stuff in you don't think it just magically grades itself do you? LET's HEAR IT FOR EVERY TEACHER ON EARTH! You've got the job of a mother with about as much respect and about the same pay.

He's right you know. Teachers hate homework more than you do, and it must be a b***h having to go through all that s**t just to mark it.
TomokazuExtreme

Except when they don't collect and grade it. They just check to make sure you've done it, and will randomly check a students answers to make sure they didn't half a** it. Only one of my teachers grades homework, but he's awesome, and everybody tells him that
I find homework to be a good way of helping grades. If all grades came down to just classwork, there'd be a much less possibility of passing for the average student. Calm down. So ya hafta do a little extra work in the day. It's only gunna get worse. Enjoy it while you can.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff