Welcome to Gaia! ::

black_wing_angel
Riviera de la Mancha
black_wing_angel
Riviera de la Mancha
black_wing_angel

Can't say one way or another, but I think it's pretty suspicious that she would wait all this time before coming forward. Seems awful telling. Like someone just looking for a payday. Cashing in a gift certificate that's several decades past its expiration date.

In Bill's case, it's likely tied to his recent behavior of abandoning comedy, in favor of "telling it like it is" public speaking. A lot of people want him "knocked down a peg" because he's actually telling them to clean their acts up, and stop being "thugs" and "pimp daddies" and start actually being contributors to society.

For reference:

What kind of payday? Any civil claim she could make is likely barred by a statute of limitation. She is also not making any direct profit from this claim.

From the talk shows and (pseudo) newscasts that would pay her a lot of money, to come 'tell all'.

Quote:
That's also pretty messed up to consider a possible rape a "gift certificate".

He has also not abandoned comedy at all. He just recently got done doing a set in New York and he was also poised to be picked up by a few networks for new comedy shows.

Hm...really? News to me. I hadn't heard of him doing any comedy in quite some time.

Quote:
Suspicion in my opinion really goes both ways. On the one hand, there is the convenience of a few of the accusers timing their claims as Bill is trying to make a comeback and some possible past burns between them and Cosby. On the other, there is the old 'where there is smoke, there is fire' problem; its equally unusual to think that about 19 women all are making up their claims about Mr. Cosby.

Sure, and I'm not saying they're necessarily full of s**t. Just that we don't know if they are, or not.

...Yeah, she hasn't done that at all.

She also got slapped with a civil suit as well for it.

That's what I find hard to believe about this story either way; that these women are doing this for some kind of pecuniary gain. If there was some ulterior motive, I would bet it would be personal with Cosby. While I think its still too unclear whether or not the rape allegations are baseless, I think what does emerge if you read up on Mr. Cosby's early career is that he was far from the father figure persona he has taken on. The general consensus seems to be that he was a womanizer who in some ways epitomized the "pimp daddy" trope he often decries now.

Certainly not impossible. Hell, look at Bob Saget. Everyone sees him as the clean-cut, intellectual family man he portrayed on Full House.

...But if you look at his comedy before that (and after, for some time)...he was quite the dirty comic. Like...you have to do a double-take, because it's that out of scope of character...

As for Cosby...well...we are all immature in our youth.

I have no idea what Saget has to do with the subject, but your video is old news. Been knowing about his comedy.

The reason I bring up Cosby's past is because that is when most of the allegations stem from. I therefore think that its entirely possible Cosby once or twice pushed the envelope. Not rape necessarily, but riding that line between sexual assault and active pursuit.
We always go back to talking about Janice Dickinson, have you realized it? She goes away for a few years and boom, she's back. It's definitely gotten people to talk about her again aha.

Invisible Senshi

the reverend silver

What if Bill Cosby actually is a rapist
that would be ******** terrifying
wouldn't it
bet you'd feel bad lol

If he was, that would be surprising. I would not feel bad. I'm just focused on the definition of "rape" right now. -_-"

...And I saw your other quote. That was brilliant. =/
I hope you feel good about yourself.

8,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
aghhhhhh
God he did at least SOMETHING WRONG. At this point. THIS MANY PEOPLE, THIS MANY CASES?

He had to. And the fact that he isn't willing to go and talk in depth about any of them?
A little fishy, to me.

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
dicknailed
aghhhhhh
God he did at least SOMETHING WRONG. At this point. THIS MANY PEOPLE, THIS MANY CASES?

He had to. And the fact that he isn't willing to go and talk in depth about any of them?
A little fishy, to me.
Tis honestly betta' ta' shu up and not speak. 'Cause anythin' he says can and shall be used against him in th' media no matta' how trivial it may be. Possibly even distorted as it becomes heresay o' he said this and I said that. By speakin' ye only open yerself up ta' ********' up and makin' th' situation even worse

Tis why ye don't talk ta' th' police and remain silent 'cause ye might end up accidentally sayin' somethin' that'll get ye in trouble even though ye didn't do anythin'

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff