Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is hell reality

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 31, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

If anyone has read or knows of Dante's Inferno your two steps ahead of everyone else. I was wondering if there is a hell would it be different for everyone. If youv'e read the book
the first is for those who do not believe in one God but in many gods.
the second was those who sinned for passion.
the third those who were gluttenous.
fourth they lived without meaning now they are without meaning.
fifth they live beeing beaten constantly.
sixth they regected reliogion as a whole so they are placed in burning tombs.
seventh the murders they live forever in boiling blood
eighth seducers, thieves, and so on they live in a ditch and many have there heads placed back wards.
Ninth for betrayers are place in an icy casam were they had Icy hearts they now have icy souls.
And satan at the bottom. twisted

What do you think do you think this is right or do you think of something different? Tell me each of your levels of hell and how that person would live there. what should there punishment be.
If you've read Dante's Inferno, or Paradise Lost, you are two steps behind everyone else because they are fiction. The authors said they are fictional, and there is no reason to believe otherwise.
Felle
If you've read Dante's Inferno, or Paradise Lost, you are two steps behind everyone else because they are fiction. The authors said they are fictional, and there is no reason to believe otherwise.

I think he meant that those who have read it know what he is going on about-not they are real or he wouldn't have asked for an opinion..right?

I dont know. I personally think it is different for everyone as everyone has a different menal picture of it. If it is a reality or not...well-if you die come and tell me. Or I'll wait and find out myself. Untill then I can't really say.
Yes, but so is many other stories. but the truth is though it may say fiction the question should be how come you believe it to be fiction. The fact is this is fantasy not fiction and since it doesn't matter why would you say there is no hell If there is no hell then your either sayin two things

1= Since their is no hell there is no heaven resulting in the fact that when we die we become nothing.

2= if there is no Hell then those who do bad go to heaven going to the fact that since they did bad on earth more then likly they will do bad in Heaven

Sorry didn't realize this

3= your saying that we are reincarnated.

Well I find none of these Ideas wrong just unetical explain to me why you think there is no hell.
it is if you truely and desperately do believe in it,anythings possible if it is within and stuck inside of your mind whee
It's probably trillions of times WORSE then the book depicts it as.
hell is simply the total absence of GOD. and i dont believe he/she exists.
TheWarriorofIceGlacier

Since I hate your guts I'm going to say screw your Idea and shuve it up. There is no hell so just shut your damn Pie hole.
i believe that hell isnt a place but a mental relm your mind creates for itself wen you feel angry at yourself or guilt or self loathing or depression!!! thts why its hard to vote on if it exists or not because metaphorically i believe it exist but physically after you die i dnt think its there!!! i dnt believe in heaven either!!! or any of the relegions out there!!! the way i look at it!!! NO all loving god could condem one of his own children to lifetime of torture in hell!!! i know i wouldnt be able to!!! i do believe theres something out there bigger than me but not any of the religions or beliefs thats out there in modern day!!!

Byeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! Sinbad x.
Not you will you just shut up already hell were neighbors hell do you always have to be this annoying. Well anyway hell Either exists or not just asking what everyone else thinks so just shut up Inferno.
i think hell is different for every person...what's bad for some, may not be bad for others. so i believe it changes depending on your personal definition of the worst thing that could possibly happen.
Dante's inferno is not the Bible, buddy. While it's a wonderful poem, it's about as relevant to the Christian Hell as the Aeneid. If you want at least a decent idea of Hell then read the Apocolypse of St. Peter. While it's not Canon, it is at least written by an apostle.
Well the truth is I'm not say any thing about Christianity and at the end of Dantes Inferno Dante goes to heaven. So i'm not talking about religion at all Its the question of if you believe there is a hell some believe there is others don't my questiongoes out to those that believe there is. To others that don't believe in it fine I just want to know why and like I'm saying now this is not my bible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff