Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight

last but not least, gender roles and gender stereotypes are the reason that our rape culture makes claims like that women deserve it, or that rape just happens and men are all rapists. it's the reason that victims are blamed and nobody gets to see real justice. it's the reason that girls are treated as sexual objects to be exploited rather than as human beings, with willpower, autonomy, equal rights to men. it's the reason that nobody believes that women can rape men. the reason so few believe that women can even rape other women or men can rape other men.

The only thing I'd disagree with, on a cursory reading, is this *shrug*

are you saying that you don't believe that gender roles and gender stereotypes contribute to the widespread belief that man-on-man rape doesn't exist?

I'd disagree that people think male on male rape doesn't exist - the victims may be less likely to report, but people are willing to believe that it happens, particularly if the perpetrator is homosexual.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight

last but not least, gender roles and gender stereotypes are the reason that our rape culture makes claims like that women deserve it, or that rape just happens and men are all rapists. it's the reason that victims are blamed and nobody gets to see real justice. it's the reason that girls are treated as sexual objects to be exploited rather than as human beings, with willpower, autonomy, equal rights to men. it's the reason that nobody believes that women can rape men. the reason so few believe that women can even rape other women or men can rape other men.

are you saying that you don't believe that gender roles and gender stereotypes contribute to the widespread belief that man-on-man rape doesn't exist?

I'd disagree that people think male on male rape doesn't exist - the victims may be less likely to report, but people are willing to believe that it happens, particularly if the perpetrator is homosexual.

sure there are people who believe it. but there are also way too many people who say that it doens't exist, or that it doesn't count as rape, or that there's nothing about it that's a big deal (ironically, these are the same people that are the most uncomfortable with the idea of it happening to them, and who think all gay men will try to rape them).

I've had to deal with the experience of those denials personally. and my state even made a law about it, so that the law in Florida doesn't recognize male rape victims.
Chieftain Twilight
fun giraffe
Chieftain Twilight
fun giraffe
Chieftain Twilight
fun giraffe

oh neat

i sort of just post w/o really thinking most of the time

i've been thinking about this alot lately:

http://epoq.wikia.com/wiki/Knowledge_doubling

In his 1982 book Critical Path, futurist and inventor R. Buckminster Fuller estimated that if we took all the knowledge that mankind had accumulated and transmitted by the year One CE as equal to one unit of information, it probably took about 1500 years or until the sixteenth century for that amount of knowledge to double. The next doubling of knowledge from two to four 'knowledge units' took only 250 years, till about 1750 CE. By 1900, one hundred and fifty years later, knowledge had doubled again to 8 units. The speed at which information doubled was getting faster and faster. The doubling speed is now between one and two years.

there are alot of assumptions and inferences there, but I'll target just the root flaw.

there is no reason to consider this data a sound pattern. at the very least, I'd want to cross-examine it and double-check it. there are ways to disprove what at first-glance appears to be a correlation or a pattern. and I find the premise of Fuller's claim to be dubious.

i also enjoy conspiracy theories

... which ones? because I have some of my own, but most are completely crackpot, baseless, and illogical ones.

well

i've spent hours on wellaware1 but i dont believe that one

just smaller ones i believe like vaccines are harmful and sandy hook was a hoax i believe in

i wanna make my own conspiracy theory

what are yours????

if i log off i'm going to bed because i'm half asleep. i dont wanna be rude okay. enjoy your weekend or whatever

also i heard that hiv doesn't cause aids recently

I'm an anti-vaccer and a 9/11 truther. but I don't believe that sandy hook was a hoax, or that HIV doesn't cause AIDS. I haven't heard about the wellaware1.

xd in may i spent a week watching all of the youtube videos ppl have made on sandy hook. it took hours.. well it's not that i think it was a hoax, just that, well, even the mainstream media has conflicting reports so something is def weird and i just don't know WHAT happened.

the 'best' video was this:

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
fun giraffe
Chieftain Twilight
fun giraffe
Chieftain Twilight
fun giraffe

... which ones? because I have some of my own, but most are completely crackpot, baseless, and illogical ones.

well

just smaller ones i believe like vaccines are harmful and sandy hook was a hoax i believe in

what are yours????

if i log off i'm going to bed because i'm half asleep. i dont wanna be rude okay. enjoy your weekend or whatever

I'm an anti-vaccer and a 9/11 truther. but I don't believe that sandy hook was a hoax, or that HIV doesn't cause AIDS. I haven't heard about the wellaware1.

xd in may i spent a week watching all of the youtube videos ppl have made on sandy hook. it took hours.. well it's not that i think it was a hoax, just that, well, even the mainstream media has conflicting reports so something is def weird and i just don't know WHAT happened.

emotion_facepalm

I am frankly disgusted that you think that's funny and/or accurate. it's completely asinine. not to mention disrespectful. imagine the PTSD triggers that would cause if seen by the parents or friends of the victims? besides, they mentioned Ben Wheeler twice. with two different kids.
Chieftain Twilight
fun giraffe
Chieftain Twilight
fun giraffe
Chieftain Twilight
fun giraffe

well

what are yours????

emotion_facepalm

I am frankly disgusted that you think that's funny and/or accurate. it's completely asinine. not to mention disrespectful. imagine the PTSD triggers that would cause if seen by the parents or friends of the victims? besides, they mentioned Ben Wheeler twice. with two different kids.

lol okay

i think the parents should be questioning many other things involving the case if they truly cared/it happened.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
fun giraffe
Chieftain Twilight
fun giraffe
Chieftain Twilight
fun giraffe

well

what are yours????

emotion_facepalm

lol okay

i think the parents should be questioning many other things involving the case if they truly cared/it happened.

that's not the point. I think the fact is, that a video like that is highly disrespectful of the victims and insensitive to their loved ones. to the people involved, sandy hook was a very REAL and TRAGIC incident. and the scars are there forever. to suggest all this BULLCRAP about it is completely disgusting.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight

sure there are people who believe it. but there are also way too many people who say that it doens't exist, or that it doesn't count as rape, or that there's nothing about it that's a big deal (ironically, these are the same people that are the most uncomfortable with the idea of it happening to them, and who think all gay men will try to rape them).

I've had to deal with the experience of those denials personally. and my state even made a law about it, so that the law in Florida doesn't recognize male rape victims.

While some legal systems don't recognise male/male rape, defining rape as penetration of the v****a, I honestly don't think most people believe it doesn't happen, or can't happen, particularly in the context of homosexuality (as you yourself acknowledged).

I also think you may be mistaken about Florida's rape laws - they don't actually have a legal definition for rape, it falls under the offense of "sexual battery", which includes engagement in oral, vaginal, or a**l penetration of the victim with a sexual organ or another object. So that would include male/male rape, but may exclude female/male rape, potentially.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight

While some legal systems don't recognise male/male rape, defining rape as penetration of the v****a, I honestly don't think most people believe it doesn't happen, or can't happen, particularly in the context of homosexuality (as you yourself acknowledged).

I also think you may be mistaken about Florida's rape laws - they don't actually have a legal definition for rape, it falls under the offense of "sexual battery", which includes engagement in oral, vaginal, or a**l penetration of the victim with a sexual organ or another object. So that would include male/male rape, but may exclude female/male rape, potentially.

unless a reportedly reputable source blatantly lied about the ruling (and I wouldn't put it past them), the State Court ruled that men can't be legally recognized as rape victims. I live in Florida, mate.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight

unless a reportedly reputable source blatantly lied about the ruling (and I wouldn't put it past them), the State Court ruled that men can't be legally recognized as rape victims. I live in Florida, mate.

Well, I was referring to statutory law in Florida, but if you have a link to the ruling I'd be interested in reading how the judge interpreted it as such.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight

Well, I was referring to statutory law in Florida, but if you have a link to the ruling I'd be interested in reading how the judge interpreted it as such.

I want to find it online. but I can't seem to.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight

Well then I'm just gonna have to stick to what the law actually says then, and its says male/male rape is prosecutable, but female/male rape may not be.
All crops are dessicated and yield poorly. This is a fact because I live in a place recently hit by drought and all the crops I have seen are under the same influences. It is not relevant that the local dam was destroyed 20 years ago and our irrigation systems are s**t. That doesn't matter because all I know for my whole life is that crops are typically scrawny or rotting, so that must be how it is for the entire universe...

or the opening post argument is full of s**t, and doesn't have an awareness of the consequences of artificial modifications to the gender roles, such as the grading curves, the scholarships, the employment laws, the commercialization of products, or the side effects of popular food products like Yogurt and Soymilk, or the side effects of Xenoestrogens and the gradual build up of pharmaceuticals in the water supply.

Pushing all these chemical and cultural modifiers aside, what you actually discover is the hip bones of women and men are structured differently producing different walking techniques. You discover the ratio of estrogen and androgens for males favors the rapid recovery and development of muscles used for sprinting and moving heavy weights, while the same chemical differences provides women with an advantage to float more easily in water because of higher body fat. You learn that the division of the brain in terms of linguistic, artistic, geometric, and logic processing are different, and even the perception of colors and the propensity for color blindness can be typed to gender dominant features. You learn that while women tend to be smaller than men, this actually provides them an advantage in vertigo environments like amusement park rides and fighter jets.

All real gender culture comes from these differences, and the capacity to bear children vs. the capacity to impregnate multiple carriers of children. All cultural variance outside these basic biological factors are artificial, but in no way a legitimate excuse to ignore the fundamental genetic, physical, and chemical variation that makes the two sexes different.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Coolio. I agree that people should do what feels right for them. If you're a guy who is great with children and wants to be a stay-at-home dad while mommy works then by all means do it. Likewise, women don't have to have children and start families; they can go out and have careers (or do both if they can handle it). Do what makes YOU happy, not what the folks jumping up and down screaming about "the man's/woman's role in society" are telling you because regret is a crappy feeling to have.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight
I AM R U
Chieftain Twilight

Well then I'm just gonna have to stick to what the law actually says then, and its says male/male rape is prosecutable, but female/male rape may not be.

yeah, that's perfectly fair. burden of proof is on me, and I'm coming up short. honestly, I hope I'm mistaken anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff