Welcome to Gaia! ::

okay ...

I have LOTS of things to say here, but all I should say is that I RARELY call someone something derogatory, but some cases I can't hold back.

I have different definitions of the "f" word (so I won't piss you off any further). if I type the word with a capitalized "F," I'm saying it as an insult to people who "act" or "become" gay or are gay and live out every stereotype. However, being gay myself, I call myself an "f" word with a lower-case "f" because I have no problem saying it. Black people say ****** to each other (in a lot of cases) but in some cases other white people can say it safely without being called racist. It's just a word, people!!
Khesed Arietovi
okay ...

I have LOTS of things to say here, but all I should say is that I RARELY call someone something derogatory, but some cases I can't hold back.

I have different definitions of the "f" word (so I won't piss you off any further). if I type the word with a capitalized "F," I'm saying it as an insult to people who "act" or "become" gay or are gay and live out every stereotype. However, being gay myself, I call myself an "f" word with a lower-case "f" because I have no problem saying it. Black people say ****** to each other (in a lot of cases) but in some cases other white people can say it safely without being called racist. It's just a word, people!!

and you know what? black people that are not part of the gangster subcultrue think calling eachotehr niggger is highly offensive, and please changin the punctuation of a word does not change its meaning, you do know the origin of the insult right?
Yes, I know all that, but this is PERSONAL usage, not common usage.

Screw it. Let's get back to the debate of schools having a "gay appreciation" celebration. I've dealt with enough bull from others and myself for the longest time.
Khesed Arietovi
Yes, I know all that, but this is PERSONAL usage, not common usage.

Screw it. Let's get back to the debate of schools having a "gay appreciation" celebration. I've dealt with enough bull from others and myself for the longest time.

gotta love the abrupt change of subject when jammed into a corner.

i think that having a week devoted to gays would be pointless, yes lets make the already persicuted young men and women even more obvious.
Vincent ... get over it. You won, I lost. I just have my own issues, and you have yours, and we have no right to barge into other people's business.
Khesed Arietovi
Vincent ... get over it. You won, I lost. I just have my own issues, and you have yours, and we have no right to barge into other people's business.

you saying this after you call Trunks "the worst kind of f**?" shut up and go away, RIGHT NOW.
*gives you the finger as hard as I can*

Bye now. wink
Khesed Arietovi
*gives you the finger as hard as I can*

Bye now. wink

you just HAVE to love peoples Vaunted maturity.
TrunkstheSlayer
Khesed Arietovi
Trunks deserves the OTHER kind of "f**" insult ... the one where it's either a DUMBASS homo or a homo who lives out EVERY stereotype thrown upon gay people.

Trunks is the kind of f*****t who doesn't deserve to be heard when he repeats what others said BEFORE him. He could have read other people's responses and kept silent.

And yes, I can say "f*****t" cuz I'm gay.
or i can reiterate points, now come down off your high horse khesed, i have every right to take a persons post and show the errors if i so choose to do so. you telling me that im late in the game doesnt change the fact that im still in it, nor does it mean i give a damn. tell me where it says i cant take a post from 24 hours ago and argue against it, different people post things in different ways, ya never know, maybe mine could be the one to get the point through to some. it was last night at the earliest, taking it now....really not that big a time gap so get over it
edit-, btw, fact lists, are an argument style. just because you dont like to use them doesnt make them any less effective

I'm pretty sure she was referring to the fact that I already very thoroughly refuted that same argument. *shrug* I'm used to repetition on this forum by now.

As for the word f*****t, I use it, but only in colloquial environments with friends of mine who I know won't take offence and who I know realise that I'm using it lightheartedly. I try to be sensitive to whether people around me are going to be upset by it. I think that's probably why you, Khesed, got such flack for it. You might do well to make sure not to use language like that to people who don't know you and don't know that you mean it in a certain way. Just a suggestion for the future, so you don't find yourself in a situation like this one again.

edit: oh, drat, she left already. *sigh* Oh, well.
im not gay er lez but all the ppl out there that r against it, bush....R EVIL ITS SOO MEAN TO DO THAT AND EVERYONE IS EQUAL!!!!!!!!!!....sry came out a little bit too strong
does it have to be called "apreciation"...i mean im straight, and i like gay people, it's fine with me, but, seriously...apreciation?...why?...do straights have ane apreication week also?... smile
i have 2 very hot friends that are both gay...senior and a freshman. biggrin biggrin they ish teh hot ...and they are 2 of the nicest people i know too. so i have NOTHING against gay people... biggrin
tanykita
does it have to be called "apreciation"...i mean im straight, and i like gay people, it's fine with me, but, seriously...apreciation?...why?...do straights have ane apreication week also?... smile

I've heard an arguement like this before and I believe the response to it was something like this, "When I was young I always asked my mom why parents get 'Mother's Day' and 'Father's Day' and kids don't get a 'Kid's Day'. Her response was, because, 'everyday is kid's day'."

Don't you think maybe every week is straight appreciation week? Everyday gay people face prejudice for being something they never choose to be. To say that its unfair to give them one week is ridiculous to me. I find it more unfair that you're heterosexual and I'm not. If your arguement is that you need a straight appreciation week to make things equal then make things equal for homosexuals as well.

Invisible Gaian

10,175 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Coyote Jack
tanykita

I've heard an arguement like this before and I believe the response to it was something like this, "When I was young I always asked my mom why parents get 'Mother's Day' and 'Father's Day' and kids don't get a 'Kid's Day'. Her response was, because, 'everyday is kid's day'."

Don't you think maybe every week is straight appreciation week? Everyday gay people face prejudice for being something they never choose to be. To say that its unfair to give them one week is ridiculous to me. I find it more unfair that you're heterosexual and I'm not. If your arguement is that you need a straight appreciation week to make things equal then make things equal for homosexuals as well.

The queries about Straight Appreciation Week are purely rhetorical. We don't have one, because our sexual preference is understated. It's not how we identify ourselves. I'd be embarrassed by a week where my sexual preferences were on display. Quite frankly, they're nobody's business, and gay people SHOULD be thinking exactly the same.

I'm not gay myself, but I have never, ever not given homosexuals the same respect as any other human being. And if homosexuals want this to be standard practise, then it's extremely important not to make out as though being gay is something different, to be mocked OR to be celebrated.

Integration and acceptance requires equality. Honouring somebody's sexual preference is neither a good idea nor promoting equality. The gay people I know don't like to identify themselves as gay anymore than I identify myself as being 'straight' - they prefer to be respected as humans for their personality, not their preference in gender. Hence why all this gay pride and all this fuss only serves to embarrass them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff