Welcome to Gaia! ::

Poop Art
Section 8.d

Fees and Payment Terms; Subscriptions.

ALL SUBSCRIPTION FEES AND PURCHASES ASSOCIATED WITH VIRTUAL CURRENCY OR ITEMS, IF ANY, ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT GAIA IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY BACK OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR YOUR INVENTORY OF VIRTUAL GOLD, CASH OR ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER VOLUNTARILY OR INVOLUNTARILY OR IN THE EVENT THAT GAIA DISCONTINUES THE SITE.

I'm usually in the GD, and this was a hot topic for the forum today. I was just curious if anyone else paid attention to it, since Gaia's inflation and the pressing for the desire to use Gaia Cash instead of Gold is becoming almost a necessity.

do you think Gaias getting ready to cash out? or do you think that people are just freaking out and being paranoid?

Oh, THAT'S why they blew up the gold economy, so people would start buying more Cash.
Seems like a desperate move, yeah. I'm glad. Maybe people will frequent a more open forum of discussion, y'know, for grown ups.
Terrapain
Raginmund Brigir
So... where do we move to?

Tentacl, apparently.

What the ******** is that?
Wakkaa
People act like Gaia is supposed to be around forever.

All games, all websites lose popularity and die. It's not a question of "if", but "when". Forums specifically are a dying breed, regarded as a relic in the face of "Web 2.0". The Gaia team are just covering their bases knowing that things can't last forever.

I don't think it's any indication of closure in the near future, however.

What are we gonna do without forums? I don't like Reddit, it's too confusing. And I refuse to use Tumblr, Youtube Comments, Yahoo Answers, Facebook, Twitter, or chatrooms in the same capacity.

I just love the hell out of forums. What's the biggest ones on the internet?
I also like Nationstates' forums, those are fun. You guys would have a blast.

Cuddly Otaku

14,575 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
The Herald of War
I never spent a single cent on Gaia. Way back I did a few surveys for gaia cash, but never much. I've got nothing to lose that mattered.

Gekko

conconconcrete wall
Poop Art
Section 8.d

ALL SUBSCRIPTION FEES AND PURCHASES ASSOCIATED WITH VIRTUAL CURRENCY OR ITEMS, IF ANY, ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT GAIA IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY BACK OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR YOUR INVENTORY OF VIRTUAL GOLD, CASH OR ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER VOLUNTARILY OR INVOLUNTARILY OR IN THE EVENT THAT GAIA DISCONTINUES THE SITE.

I'm usually in the GD, and this was a hot topic for the forum today. I was just curious if anyone else paid attention to it, since Gaia's inflation and the pressing for the desire to use Gaia Cash instead of Gold is becoming almost a necessity.

do you think Gaias getting ready to cash out? or do you think that people are just freaking out and being paranoid?

Oh, THAT'S why they blew up the gold economy, so people would start buying more Cash.
Seems like a desperate move, yeah. I'm glad. Maybe people will frequent a more open forum of discussion, y'know, for grown ups.

Theres another section of the ToS that states that they dont have to tell us if the site is thinking about closing down, I wasnt sure where it was that it had been stated so don't quote me on it, but I'd like to hear the voice of mr. CEO to tell us what the hells going on on this site.

I'm just glad I had a shitton of items that were worth millions when I decided to comeback
Poop Art
conconconcrete wall
Poop Art
Section 8.d

Theres another section of the ToS that states that they dont have to tell us if the site is thinking about closing down, I wasnt sure where it was that it had been stated so don't quote me on it, but I'd like to hear the voice of mr. CEO to tell us what the hells going on on this site.

I'm just glad I had a shitton of items that were worth millions when I decided to comeback

wouldn't you rather talk about something important
choo choo sparkle
The Herald of War
I never spent a single cent on Gaia. Way back I did a few surveys for gaia cash, but never much. I've got nothing to lose that mattered.

a wise choice

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Terrapain
Raginmund Brigir

Tentacl, apparently.

I signed up and didn't enjoy it as much...

Quotable Prophet

Actually this may explain why they're spamming the cash shop announcements so much lately. All the better for them to get as much as they can from us before the site goes under.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Yoshpet
If they shut down the website then they won't be able to make any more profit off of Gaia Cash. Why would they do that?

Because the goal isn't to nurture the Goose that laid the Golden Egg, so that it will slowly, yet consistently lay said eggs, it's to force that goose to lay as many eggs as fast as they can get it to lay them, under the philosophy that one large payout is superior to many smaller payouts that add up to more in the long run than the "large" payout.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
conconconcrete wall
Terrapain
Raginmund Brigir

Tentacl, apparently.

What Gaia is spending all that GaiaCash money on instead of on Gaia.
Keltoi Samurai
conconconcrete wall
Terrapain
Raginmund Brigir

Tentacl, apparently.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Keltoi Samurai
conconconcrete wall
Terrapain
Raginmund Brigir

Tentacl, apparently.

xd so right.
Keltoi Samurai
conconconcrete wall
Terrapain
Raginmund Brigir

Tentacl, apparently.

... They're spending it on tentacles. emotion_puke
Poop Art

Neigh is a sound a horse makes. :3 ps nice eyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out