Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Hunter

Dostya
What? Should I be thankful that I am not routinely beaten, raped, denied jobs, and disregarded in any matters of importance? Like, 'settle in' just because things could be worse? It's one continuous battle, shitsack. It has to be, lest our achievements wither and become irrelevant. I reserve the right to be angry thank you.

Why not? I know I am. Everyone should be, regardless of sex, race, orientation...

Aged Lunatic

Resid3nt
As you see, you are being yelled at because you are not feminist enough.

Feminism is a bunch of bullshit. It centers itself on sex rather than equality rights between individuals.

So who was fighting for equality rights between individuals on the basis of gender, at least before feminists, again?
GunsmithKitten
Resid3nt

Feminism is a bunch of bullshit. It centers itself on sex rather than equality rights between individuals.

So who was fighting for equality rights between individuals on the basis of gender, at least before feminists, again?

The flying p***s of Asmodan.

It doesn't matter. Feminism is obsolete.

Original Fairy

15,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Partygoer 500
Jacque De Molay
I'm incredibly happy that women can become engineers and not be yelled at. I'm happy that a man and women can both wear pants and smoke a cigar without being looked at as an eyesore.
What is there to be angry about? Feminism is women wanting equal rights and in the modern day their rights are pretty much secured. How can you be against that without being a misogynist? Women don't have to just keep having kids. Women can do as they please without having their rights violated. I might argue that Feminism is losing it's necessity because most women have their rights secured and aren't expected to pop out 5 kids but I wouldn't argue that Feminism is bad. Our society is becoming more automatic and people don't have to worry about fitting sex roles because we're not having to support a tribe anymore. We have the luxury of Skinny Jeans,Hybrids, Starbucks and Coca-Cola! We don't have to take action because of a dire need to keep the tribe alive anymore. We can take action because we feel like taking action.

I'm happy that our society is abundant and can afford Feminism. What do you think?
But our rights as women are not totally secured. Sure, we get jobs, but we have a glass ceiling that we have to break through to get any of the upper level management jobs. How many women CEO's do you see? Not very many because of the glass ceiling holding us back. It is a shame really that we can not work to fix this better.
We'll be getting somewhere when the men who behave and dress in a manner that's typically recognized as being feminine aren't discriminated against for somehow being unmanly.

Sparkly Hunter

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The feminism movement has made significant progress in the western world but that doesn't mean it's work is done because sexism still exists (in the same way that the civil rights movement didn't completely cure this country of racism).

Double standards still exist, we still need to break the glass ceiling, men who "feminine" traits are still looked down on, etc.

There is more to equality then being able to vote and have a job which is something I don't think people opposed to feminism really understand.
Resid3nt
GunsmithKitten
Resid3nt

Yeah, feminism is so obsolete! That's why I'm still likely to get paid less for doing the same work as men, why my clothing is a factor if I'm raped--or even if I was alone, why I'm less likely to advance in careers, why I'm still told to get back in the kitchen...
Tactical Leg Sweep

I'm egalitarian and not a feminist.

you're also a lot of other mean things i'm too bored to articulate.
Tactical Leg Sweep
The Sky Does Not Bow
Tactical Leg Sweep

I'm egalitarian and not a feminist.

you're also a lot of other mean things i'm too bored to articulate.

Yes, I am pretty mean at times. I can articulate some of the things you are, like a dumbshit and a waste of oxygen for one. Oh, a detriment to the human gene pool. That's another one.

well. that is definitly more effort than i am willing to put into this rehash. you win, i guess.
Jacque De Molay
I'm incredibly happy that women can become engineers and not be yelled at. I'm happy that a man and women can both wear pants and smoke a cigar without being looked at as an eyesore.
What is there to be angry about? Feminism is women wanting equal rights and in the modern day their rights are pretty much secured. How can you be against that without being a misogynist? Women don't have to just keep having kids. Women can do as they please without having their rights violated. I might argue that Feminism is losing it's necessity because most women have their rights secured and aren't expected to pop out 5 kids but I wouldn't argue that Feminism is bad. Our society is becoming more automatic and people don't have to worry about fitting sex roles because we're not having to support a tribe anymore. We have the luxury of Skinny Jeans,Hybrids, Starbucks and Coca-Cola! We don't have to take action because of a dire need to keep the tribe alive anymore. We can take action because we feel like taking action.

I'm happy that our society is abundant and can afford Feminism. What do you think?

Why does nobody ******** care that women get paid less?
Don't get used to those consumerist baubles. I have a feeling that all four of those shitty, overhyped things will be irrelevant soon. It's like the sewer line broke at the fan factory these days.
Marluxiana
Resid3nt
GunsmithKitten
Resid3nt

Yeah, feminism is so obsolete! That's why I'm still likely to get paid less for doing the same work as men, why my clothing is a factor if I'm raped--or even if I was alone, why I'm less likely to advance in careers, why I'm still told to get back in the kitchen...

i don't think he knows what obsolete means.
Resid3nt

You're a bunch of bullshit. You don't know what you're talking about.
Death Magnificent
Resid3nt

he literally has no idea what he's saying.
The Sky Does Not Bow
Death Magnificent
Resid3nt

he literally has no idea what he's saying.

Not a clue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces