Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you belive that there will be an End of the world?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 13, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 >

I was just wondering since there are alot of people who post about this topic... If there really will be an ''End of the World'' What do you think we can do to protect ourselves from the bombs, and earthquakes and whatever disaters etc... I'd like to hear people's opinions on this..and the reason I put a third poll option is because I just wanted to add something stupid for fun...
There is no third poll option.

Or at least there wasn't blaugh
AnuKat
There is no third poll option.

Or at least there wasn't blaugh
Well then ur computer is screwed up
Move to Neptune.
I'd like to think we're smart enough to know when to stop... I don't doubt that it would take a major incident to get us to though, but I'm hoping it won't be complete and total destruction.
Yes there is. It is 20 billion years from now when the sun engulfs the earth. This is also around the time when the universe collapses and everything in it will be destroyed. Scientists have figured this out even though it is only a theory, yet could still be true.
<center> There just might be but I'm not too sure if it will be by nuclear war or weapons... but if the world does end by nuclear war... what will happen to the roaches?</center>
death_at_heart
<center> There just might be but I'm not too sure if it will be by nuclear war or weapons... but if the world does end by nuclear war... what will happen to the roaches?</center>
The roaches will turn into roach people eventually and then take over the world by eating their own feces and rebuilding towns.
I don't think "The World" will end untill the sun becomes a red giant. As for as society ending through nuclear war, asteroid hitting the earth, basalt flood eruption, or whatever disaster large enough to cause a mass extinction occurs next, I think we should accept that it's our time to go. Things have been going extinct for over a billion years and we're not the kind of species that would be likely to survive a mass extinction.
[]-SkashTown-[]
Yes there is. It is 20 billion years from now when the sun engulfs the earth. This is also around the time when the universe collapses and everything in it will be destroyed. Scientists have figured this out even though it is only a theory, yet could still be true.
But I never got what the Universe will collapse means, so what does that mean? and is it possible that scientists are wrong?
InuyashaKenshin
[]-SkashTown-[]
But I never got what the Universe will collapse means, so what does that mean? and is it possible that scientists are wrong?
when the universe collapses it means that it will engulf itself. a black hole will engulf everything, a huge one in the unigverse and take everything. The scientists who researched this could be misleading yet it could also be very true. You never know. wink
[]-SkashTown-[]
death_at_heart
The roaches will turn into roach people eventually and then take over the world by eating their own feces and rebuilding towns.
Lol your funny
[]-SkashTown-[]
death_at_heart

<center> Lol ^^ interesting theory... but since it's the best one I hav heard so far I will have to sit upon it!</center>
The impending doom of the end of the world is real, but we will be dead when it happens. In 5 billion years the sun will expand larger than Earth's orbit and become a red giant. Then it will shed it's body and the highly reactive core will be left behind.
I think there will be, because I don't think anything can be eternal.

Also, I think there's something in my religion about the world ending. Not really, though, people just think it says that. But it doesn't. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff