Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

3,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
FOX News cannot, and should not be trusted. I remember reading a mention of this online and I was thinking, "How horrible!" Now before I get into anything, I am not a proponent of gay marriage. I don't care whether they are allowed to get married, nor do I think it is THAT big of a deal. I really just think that gays should be allowed to get married legally, and do as they please with that right. That being said, when I saw this article I was really intrigued, however, unlike MOST Americans, who see something and run with it, I do my research on the topic. Come to find otu, thanks to the good ol' folks at The Huffington Post, that this was a case of misrepresentation by the media, however, not just normal misrepresentation, this was typical right wing FOX misrepresentation. If this is any indicator of the rest of their news, then I really believe that this should be a huge red flag to ANYONE who uses this as a source for information or political support. I.E. the whole Conservative party. I would have lambasted the media on their own site with a well thought out comment, but I looked down at the comments and proceeded to laugh instead. I'll leave that to you guys for future lulz.

FOX's iteration of the news
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Huffington post's iteration of the news

Discuss:
Is FOX news able to be considered a credible news source or have they as of late ceased to do so. Also discuss anything else related to right wing tactics and political practices.

INB4: I typed this way just so people wouldn't have an excuse not to read. I mean look at it, its big pretty font.... LOOK AT IT! LOOOOOK!
Eh, Fox is no more or less news than most sources these days.

I'd still count them as news, which lets you know the overall state of news reporting to me.

That's what people get when they want to liberalize reporting and continue feeding sensationalism journalists.

Tipsy Smoker

What exactly are you talking about?

Dangerous Lunatic

3,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
Chahklet

Lol an article/report that fox published that proves how they twist stories. Oi, it was even in bold print.

Tipsy Smoker

Kaijirai
Chahklet

Lol an article/report that fox published that proves how they twist stories. Oi, it was even in bold print.
I didn't realize the images were links. I guess people look for the appeal rather than just the truth.

Dangerous Lunatic

3,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
Chahklet
Kaijirai
Chahklet

I didn't realize the images were links. I guess people look for the appeal rather than just the truth.

And that my friend is why we are screwed as a race. [humanity]
Riviera de la Mancha

I'd still count them as news, which lets you know the overall state of news reporting to me.

That's what people get when they want to liberalize reporting and continue feeding sensationalism journalists.

Actually a study has shown that people who watch Fox News are less educated about the world than people who watch no news at all.
God Emperor Baldur
Riviera de la Mancha

Actually a study has shown that people who watch Fox News are less educated about the world than people who watch no news at all.

I've heard of this study, and I have seen it refuted with its own raw data. It is one thing to score how informed a group is based on empirical, provable facts. And quite another thing to do it based on questions that were more about consensus opinion where the study did not even try to find the correct answer on consensus let alone if that answer was scientifically accurate.
Well. Most news is biased. You can't get away from it. Every single Article,Show,Report has someones biased opinion attached to it. If you have ever flipped through the news channels then you already know how different they all can be when just covering one topic/subject or story. So who do you trust? I don't trust any of it. I tend to get my news from a different source other than the media. But the kind of news I'm interested in might be different from yours. It's all about what you want to know.
Bortelex
God Emperor Baldur
Riviera de la Mancha

I've heard of this study, and I have seen it refuted with its own raw data. It is one thing to score how informed a group is based on empirical, provable facts. And quite another thing to do it based on questions that were more about consensus opinion where the study did not even try to find the correct answer on consensus let alone if that answer was scientifically accurate.

I'd believe that if they weren't caught intentionally lying

Tipsy Smoker

Kaijirai
Chahklet
Kaijirai
Chahklet

Not really. It's about the money.
Chahklet
Kaijirai
Chahklet
Kaijirai
Chahklet

money, money
We don't need your money, money, money
We just wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the price tag
Ain't about the (uh) cha-ching cha-ching
Ain't about the (yeah) ba-bling ba-bling
Wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the price tag (OK)

Uber-hint: both the Huff Post and Faux News are biased.

Tipsy Smoker

YourNeighborsCat
Chahklet
Kaijirai
Chahklet
Kaijirai
Chahklet

money, money
We don't need your money, money, money
We just wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the price tag
Ain't about the (uh) cha-ching cha-ching
Ain't about the (yeah) ba-bling ba-bling
Wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the price tag (OK)

Uber-hint: both the Huff Post and Faux News are biased.
That's true but like I said it's about the money.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Riviera de la Mancha

And that, my friends, is what?

Correct. False equivalence.
Sure, most news isn't exactly good, but when it comes straight down to it, most news organizations are at least worthy of the title.
As opposed to glorified propaganda bubble.

Hygienic Smoker

News Broadcasters that one should never trust include:
Fox
CNN
ABC
CNBC

I can continue....

News broadcasters are bought and sold like a commodity these days, all with their own agendas and lies. I recommend filtering through all you can, and covering all of your bases. I personally prefer BBC world news, more than others, but that does not stop me from reading Fox or CNN.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff