Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think obviously biased polls should be reported and removed?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 9, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 >

I think they should, if it's in EXTENDED DISCUSSION, because by that poll alone, they're trying to get across they don't WANT to hear any other opinion but their own, or praise for their opinion.
who cares? Someone already said it: it just helps you judge the following discussion.
Ikazuchi
I think they should, if it's in EXTENDED DISCUSSION, because by that poll alone, they're trying to get across they don't WANT to hear any other opinion but their own, or praise for their opinion.

or they're trying to get a reaction out of people
sorry, accidentally double posted (can't delete...)
Yea I do believe that they should be removed... its because these people who make them are pressing their views on others and not allowing them to chose for themselves as to what they can put down for the poll.... these polls don't usually last very long anyway because so many different people hate them.

5,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Heckler 50
Flippyman
Have you ever thought that a poll was intentionally or unintentionally biased? You know, the ones that go like this:

Do gay people suck?

( ) Yes, big time.
( ) Yes, a lot.
( ) No, but I'm a retard
( ) I'm gay and I suck!!!

Or even those that are not offensive, like this:

What to you think of abortion?

( ) It should be banned.
( ) I think women have the right to murder their babies.

Do you think this polls should be reported and removed?

yes and no
No, they should just be ignored, sent to the Chatterbox, and/or given a glimpse or real intelligence. smile
Contrary to what I thought, some people voted "no".
ravyn moon
They shouldn't be reported, they should be eaten alive by the powerful monster that is intelligence.
sad They'd prolly give him constipation.
But yeah it's really annoying when they do that, although I still pick what I want to pick. If the option says I have to be a horrible immoral monster to consume the flesh of a cow then so be it.
surprised Don't get to close to glass, Clarice. xd
devioushamster
Just don't vote in them. It's not like the polls really make a huge difference in the workings of the universe.

^ what she said.

If you dont like something dont participate.
IF it offends you, deal with that person individually. It's free speech I assume, though it is a loose definition.

If u were to ban polls biased against Bush, then u would get a tidal wave of complaints from the Democrats about how u r squashing there right to say what they want (barring crying"FIRE" in a crowded theater). The same thing would happend if we banned obviously biased polls against Kerry.

Gaia can't keep everyone happy, so just leave it as it is and let Gaians deal with the creator of the poll individually. After all, if they have a problem with it, they should deal with it, not leave it up to Gaian admin.
I think it's ridiculous, but it won't stop people. Polls like that pop up faster than any moderator coud delete them.

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Clambake 200
Nah, it's just a poll. If someone's so stupid as to post a biased poll, they'll be eaten alive in the actual discussion anyway. Let them go down in flames, or report them to the mods if it's a repeat topic.
i dont' think they should be banned... it just lets others know that the topic will most likly have nothing to really post about in there... thoes kind i just leave alone... they are not really worth my time...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff