Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jamie Davenport
Babybird
I don't have a problem with anyone worshipping Gods from a different culture. I just think they should worship those Gods in the manner of their culture. If you're gonna worship a Native American spirit, then you better learn how the Native Americans worship that spirit and do it the exact same way. B/c ignoring a religion's cultural history is insulting to the followers who know their history and do worship correctly.
I agree completely, I'm a native american pagan myself and it offends me quite a bit when somone of a completely different culture makes a mockery of one of my beleifs by completely destroying tradition.

I'm also Native, i'm half Creek (alabama) and half irish, and i gotta say, it also bothers me when people use our creator/s and give no credit or due to the fact that this is a specific spirituality...not some play thing...They should respect our differences. I'm with you all the way.
Here's something for all you readers:

Is it okay for someone to tell you what you are, what you believe and what you can and cannot be in terms of paganism, if you know in your soul or heart or whatever you want to call it, that you are who you are and no one holds any right to judge it?

Does anyone have the right to tell you you arn't enough of something? When is it okay to denounce someone because of the goddesses or gods they worship?

And:

Covens- Is it right or wrong to claim that no ones a true wiccan unless they are Gardnirian and believe in the Class system of initiation? When is im holier-then-thou, i'm a true wiccan, too much?

Sparkly Explorer

Sakurako-sama
armageddon smile
Pretty stupid, in my own personal opinion. These people shouldn't call themselves wiccan. They should call themselves Neo-Wiccan or Neo-Pagan.
Just because they call themselves wiccan doesn't mean that they actually are. Anyone who's studied the religion knows the difference.

That was pretty much what I was getting at.
Guildowl
Jamie Davenport
Babybird
I don't have a problem with anyone worshipping Gods from a different culture. I just think they should worship those Gods in the manner of their culture. If you're gonna worship a Native American spirit, then you better learn how the Native Americans worship that spirit and do it the exact same way. B/c ignoring a religion's cultural history is insulting to the followers who know their history and do worship correctly.
I agree completely, I'm a native american pagan myself and it offends me quite a bit when somone of a completely different culture makes a mockery of one of my beleifs by completely destroying tradition.

I'm also Native, i'm half Creek (alabama) and half irish, and i gotta say, it also bothers me when people use our creator/s and give no credit or due to the fact that this is a specific spirituality...not some play thing...They should respect our differences. I'm with you all the way.
I'm 1/3 welsh, 1/3 german/norweigen and 1/3 Chiricahua
Jamie Davenport
Guildowl
Jamie Davenport
Babybird

Quite a mix you got going there! Welsh you say? I speak some Welsh (spell work with my Crescent) and the whole language and culture is so beautiful...wonder why not many people talk about Wales as it's own little intrest spot...? And i wonder what the system of Welsh pagans looks like...
Guildowl
Jamie Davenport
Guildowl
Jamie Davenport
Babybird

Quite a mix you got going there! Welsh you say? I speak some Welsh (spell work with my Crescent) and the whole language and culture is so beautiful...wonder why not many people talk about Wales as it's own little intrest spot...? And i wonder what the system of Welsh pagans looks like...
wales is too often just grouped with the rest of england, a pity really, it's got such a culture of it's own.
Jamie Davenport
Guildowl
Jamie Davenport
Guildowl
Jamie Davenport
Babybird

wales is too often just grouped with the rest of england, a pity really, it's got such a culture of it's own.

I quite agree
Sombody answere my Q's
Guildowl
Is it okay for someone to tell you what you are, what you believe and what you can and cannot be in terms of paganism, if you know in your soul or heart or whatever you want to call it, that you are who you are and no one holds any right to judge it?
Only if what you are clashes with what you claim to be. For instance, people who claim to be Celtic-Christian-Egyptian Wiccans are generally none of the above. They can call themselves Celtic-Christian-Egyptian Wiccans as much as they want, but people are going to keep telling them that they are wrong.
Quote:
Does anyone have the right to tell you you arn't enough of something? When is it okay to denounce someone because of the goddesses or gods they worship?
Everybody has the right to tell you that you aren't enough of something or to denounce you b/c of who or what you worship. And you have the right to ignore them.
Quote:
Covens- Is it right or wrong to claim that no ones a true wiccan unless they are Gardnirian and believe in the Class system of initiation? When is im holier-then-thou, i'm a true wiccan, too much?
I think I know which Gaian you're talking about here.... It's not necessary to be initiated in a coven. However, most of the books on Wicca are outer-court material, so an un-initiated Wicca has to acknowledge that they may be missing out on something. Also, since Gardner did literally invent Wicca, it'd probably be a good idea to atleast study the Gardnerian trads. Other than that, as long as you hold to the basic rules and structure of Wicca, you're cool with me.
Now here's some contriversy for you all:

Which came first: The chiken or the egg....

oh yeah, and were we created (creationism) or did we evolve (evolution) or were we CREATED to EVOLVE?
I hat you. i thought this was about that old movie about greek gods.
chicken and evolution.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Rin Solaris
Actually, Wicca is not polytheistic. It's monotheisitc. Wicca believes in the one, whole Divine. A Divine which has two polarities: its God and Goddess. Wicca also holds true that all gods are aspects of its one God, and all goddesses are aspects of its one Goddess.

yup, that's the basic premise Gerald Gardner set up when he created wicca in the 50's.
MrGoose
I hat you. i thought this was about that old movie about greek gods.

lol, sorry to hurt you so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces