Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kieran Maynard
Kieran Maynard
Hey everyone!!!! LICK THE BALLSUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
hard
just do it
I don't know about it, but I think anyone who believes they can not be out there is pretty naive. I am sure they do exsist.

I think as far as why the news doesn't show such things like this, is that it is not a wise idead to feed thoughts to the stupid who might just follow something they see on the news and all.
JLbass
Tsubane
Ooooookay.... Where'd you get all that information? Just curious. You'd think it'd be plastered all over the news. And the President has daughters, right?

My sources?

This may led you think I'm a fraud, but I have no recorded my sources, I read it in the newspaper(and I live in Mexico, so probably, you wouldn't know my newspapers), although some of the columns there are written by americans....

What I wrote has been known by at least decades...
Some christians, and the Jehova Witnesses(which I'm sure have nothing to do with Christianity) do ban medicine. This is a known fact, and also has been reenacted and/or quoted in many movies, and stuff like that. Last time I saw it was in a chapter of n**/Tuck(I know, that is TV and is not valid as a source, but I mean it to show the point)

It is also known that in some little towns, mainly in the mid-west of America, the subject of teaching Darwin's theory of Evolution is questioned, also, it has been banned of several christian schools. Also, this has turned into some world controversy. Main source here: www.talkorigins.org/index.html

Nietzche was a philosopher whose most famous claim(for being the most controversial one) wa sthat "God is dead" implying that humanity didnt' needed the concept of God anymore. Obviously, all the religions in the world do not accept him, and most christians, even those who study philosophy, ban him and dispise him. the minister of the church I went stated that he was inspired by the Devil(He also included the best Russian writer of all time, Fiodor Dostoievsky and Charles Darwin, whom I speaked of before).

Rock, specially metal, has always been satanized, mostly by extremist christians. This is no news and you should be pretty aware of this,

In an article by someone I can't remember(and I'm really sorry for not being able to point you the source), the author did research in the hometown of Bush, dealing with the aspect of the Rapture, which is when God will take their chosen ones to heaven. Everybody in the town was ready, because they knew the world was going to end any minute.

Finnaly, maybe I was too harsh when dealing with the view of heaven; to watch the damned paying their sins was something that christians of old considered one of the delights of heaven. I mean pre-medieval and medieval christians, but this idea has been carried by extremistic groups.

Finnally, I know that this is no news for many of us, and as Specmaster pointed, maybe you were looking for Christian terrorists. I can't help you there, but Christian extremists, as for every other religion, have existed always.

Just a side point - Jehova's Witnessess don't ban medicine. They don't take blood transfusions, and I'm not certain about organ donation. It might be Christian Scientists you're thinking about.
Yes, there are christian extremists out there, many of them. They each think they are doing the right thing, even as they harm others and destroy lives. They literally attack, if not kill, anyone who is not "like them", and find their justification in their "holy" book. Okay, the bible may be inspired by God, or whatever you want to call it, but it was WRITTEN by men, TRANSLATED by men.

In all reality, every religion has extremists, and terrorism isn't an uncommon thing with any system of belief. The real danger is that christians do have a majority over other beliefs, and they are trying to purge out and eliminate any belief system that is not theirs, for good. I'm not saying the christian religion is bad, nor do I think any belief system is, but many take it the wrong way.

It's not a religion that's evil, it's its people. If people feel they have a right to harm others because of their beliefs, or are superior because of their own, they are the ones in the wrong.
Hissa
Every religion has a handful of ntucases. Why should a certain religion be on discussion?

Not Jews xp We just have bankers, doctors, lawyers, and messiahs. You know, the normal things.

I think there was a famous Jewish serial killer, but I forgot the mane.
I'm against Bush, the war and all those fanatics that encourage him. These are the same people who say Harry Potter is evil and anyone who is not Christian will go to hell (regardless if you're a bad person or have committed any sins - i.e. Buddha, Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa).

Christian fanatics are bad for all our healths. The only thing they provide is a good laugh. Check it out. ]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4116214
ShadowWisp
Yes, there are christian extremists out there, many of them. They each think they are doing the right thing, even as they harm others and destroy lives. They literally attack, if not kill, anyone who is not "like them", and find their justification in their "holy" book. Okay, the bible may be inspired by God, or whatever you want to call it, but it was WRITTEN by men, TRANSLATED by men.

In all reality, every religion has extremists, and terrorism isn't an uncommon thing with any system of belief. The real danger is that christians do have a majority over other beliefs, and they are trying to purge out and eliminate any belief system that is not theirs, for good. I'm not saying the christian religion is bad, nor do I think any belief system is, but many take it the wrong way.

It's not a religion that's evil, it's its people. If people feel they have a right to harm others because of their beliefs, or are superior because of their own, they are the ones in the wrong.

Thank you! I totally agree with you. It's not the relgion, it's the people in charge of it. And the Bible is a second hand source, further depreciated by the translations it's undergone.
The KKK believe themselves to be Christ's special "chosen people." Also, if you doubt the existence of Christian extremists, look at the ever-popular website: God Hates Fags.
AnimeKoneko242
ShadowWisp

Thank you! I totally agree with you. It's not the relgion, it's the people in charge of it. And the Bible is a second hand source, further depreciated by the translations it's undergone.

What they fail to see is that there are other religions out there, other than their own. Just because a person prefers to worship Buddha, The Mother Goddess, or whatnot, it doesn't mean that they are worshipping the devil that they preach about. They just choose to worship a different entity.
Well you can't prove that God exists. But how can you prove he doesn't? YOU CAN'T! Ha! Sure, religion can be a great thing, but with every good thing that happens to the human race can and WILL be abused. Take the Crusades, World War Two, Salem Witch Trials, and when we shoved Native Americans into Missions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff