Welcome to Gaia! ::

Suicidesoldier#1
Michael Noire
washu_2004
I would take a H&K .45 USP tactical.
It is relatively light , reliable, and has reasonable stopping power.

a double stack .45 with a supressor option isnt a bad idea in a zombie scenerio. 10 bullets is still better than 7 biggrin

The standard is 12, and it has a recoil buffer so the recoil is lighter, and it's 1.5 pounds.

It's 1000 dollars but most 1911's are, and HK is known for high quality, so it's not a bad choice.

ah, you are right. 12 it is ^^

i was thinking about that comment about the AK. Those are technically pistols where they are legally pistols, but the concept of submachine guns and machine pistols is tricky. That, in and of itself warrants the kind of debate that makes a thread like this functional.

Generally speaking, the rules that define a pistol are murky at best. Just because FPS Russia can one hand a .50 cal bmg bullpup rifle, doesn't make it a pistol. On the flip side, just because an exotic handgun can drop an elephant or polar bear, that doesnt mean its magically a big game rifle or "cannon" and not a pistol.

Some sawed off shotguns have modified stocks to fire like a pistol too. I think retrospectively, a black powder pistol might be a good zombie gun, especially if you know how to get it to fire. There are revolvers that use black powder, the real trick is figuring out how to make a primer, or having a good stock of those. Black powder itself is very inert when in its unassembled components, and easy to make if you have the right gear, even in an apocalyptic condition. Melting lead into slugs is also easy, but having a cap or primer might be the real problem you face. Finding ammunition is an inevitability given sufficient time, but it may be controlled by anarchistic or militant gangs that you do not have membership in. Therefore, the ideal pistol is going to be one where you can easily transport your own ammunition supply, and fire many shots.

Fanatical Zealot

Michael Noire
Suicidesoldier#1
Michael Noire
washu_2004
I would take a H&K .45 USP tactical.
It is relatively light , reliable, and has reasonable stopping power.

a double stack .45 with a supressor option isnt a bad idea in a zombie scenerio. 10 bullets is still better than 7 biggrin

The standard is 12, and it has a recoil buffer so the recoil is lighter, and it's 1.5 pounds.

It's 1000 dollars but most 1911's are, and HK is known for high quality, so it's not a bad choice.

ah, you are right. 12 it is ^^

i was thinking about that comment about the AK. Those are technically pistols where they are legally pistols, but the concept of submachine guns and machine pistols is tricky. That, in and of itself warrants the kind of debate that makes a thread like this functional.

Generally speaking, the rules that define a pistol are murky at best. Just because FPS Russia can one hand a .50 cal bmg bullpup rifle, doesn't make it a pistol. On the flip side, just because an exotic handgun can drop an elephant or polar bear, that doesnt mean its magically a big game rifle or "cannon" and not a pistol.

Some sawed off shotguns have modified stocks to fire like a pistol too. I think retrospectively, a black powder pistol might be a good zombie gun, especially if you know how to get it to fire. There are revolvers that use black powder, the real trick is figuring out how to make a primer, or having a good stock of those. Black powder itself is very inert when in its unassembled components, and easy to make if you have the right gear, even in an apocalyptic condition. Melting lead into slugs is also easy, but having a cap or primer might be the real problem you face. Finding ammunition is an inevitability given sufficient time, but it may be controlled by anarchistic or militant gangs that you do not have membership in. Therefore, the ideal pistol is going to be one where you can easily transport your own ammunition supply, and fire many shots.

You could in an emergency screw on a stock (after drilling some holes in it), perhaps bump fire, and have full auto. I don't like James Yeager very much, but he has an instructional video of how to do it. It's illegal without the right tax stamp, but you could definitely do it on your own if you felt like it, or do it, so in an emergency, you could add it and then remove it quickly.

You could more easily have say, a revolving shotgun with black powder or even better, reload the plastic shells, which are much easier to reload. And then have similar stuff; with the low velocity gunpowder, it might be plausible to have blackpowder, and the characteristic bad accuracy is basically thrown out the window, as well sa the lack of rapid fire. It might be annoying to reload though; worst case is paper cartridges.

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
I'd prefer a .44 mag. but my wrist wouldn't. So I'd settle for a .380.
Parodically_Tragic

I've shot them, they aren't bad. A .380 seems like it would have quite a bit of perceived recoil considering how small those guns are. I've never shot a .380ACP though.. ironic really. What I can say is that heavy steel 9mm pistols like an AR24 or Sig shoot way better than the plastic ruger and glocks I fired. More accurate too.

The size of your hand has a lot to do with what kinds of guns you can buy. You can buy thin or thick grips to help things out, but at the end of the day, a smaller hand is going to feel more comfortable with a smaller grip gun, and smaller guns with single stacks tend to be the norm for small hands.

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
Michael Noire
Parodically_Tragic

I've shot them, they aren't bad. A .380 seems like it would have quite a bit of perceived recoil considering how small those guns are. I've never shot a .380ACP though.. ironic really. What I can say is that heavy steel 9mm pistols like an AR24 or Sig shoot way better than the plastic ruger and glocks I fired. More accurate too.

The size of your hand has a lot to do with what kinds of guns you can buy. You can buy thin or thick grips to help things out, but at the end of the day, a smaller hand is going to feel more comfortable with a smaller grip gun, and smaller guns with single stacks tend to be the norm for small hands.
Nah, I have a big hand for a woman so .380 works good.
conconconcrete wall
Suicidesoldier#1
A 9mm or .22, since both have tons of plentiful ammo and relatively low recoil. Damage doesn't really matter with brain shots.

If they're fast/center of mass shots matter, then something more powerful might be nice. Like a USP; blam!

A .22 is only going to work if both of you are running.
Are you retarded
Conservatism
conconconcrete wall
Suicidesoldier#1
A 9mm or .22, since both have tons of plentiful ammo and relatively low recoil. Damage doesn't really matter with brain shots.

If they're fast/center of mass shots matter, then something more powerful might be nice. Like a USP; blam!

Are you retarded

Assuming you're not Magic Johnson, always getting headshots.
conconconcrete wall
Conservatism
conconconcrete wall
Suicidesoldier#1

Are you retarded

Assuming you're not Magic Johnson, always getting headshots.
What does running have to do with .22 working

Generous Vampire

11,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
I hate zombies. I am so sick of them.
xMalaresian Queenx

Please provide us with an alternative apocalypse and what kind of handgun you would feel best suited to that environment. biggrin
Any firearms in a zombie apocalypse would be better used to defend yourself against other people, not the zombies.

Fanatical Zealot

Michael Noire
xMalaresian Queenx

Please provide us with an alternative apocalypse and what kind of handgun you would feel best suited to that environment. biggrin

Dinosaur ninja Apocalypse!

Fanatical Zealot

Plata Plomo y Sangre
Any firearms in a zombie apocalypse would be better used to defend yourself against other people, not the zombies.

Wouldn't they all be zombies though?
Suicidesoldier#1
Plata Plomo y Sangre

Only assuming in the scenario you're in some sort of I Am Legend scenario. There's no reason to believe if you're alive that others aren't as well. In any "apocalypse" situation where every living being isn't killed off and any percentage of the human population survives, other "normal" people are always going to be the biggest problem. Banditry, rape, slavery, murder, cannibalism, etc.

Fanatical Zealot

Plata Plomo y Sangre
Suicidesoldier#1
Plata Plomo y Sangre

Only assuming in the scenario you're in some sort of I Am Legend scenario. There's no reason to believe if you're alive that others aren't as well. In any "apocalypse" situation where every living being isn't killed off and any percentage of the human population survives, other "normal" people are always going to be the biggest problem. Banditry, rape, slavery, murder, cannibalism, etc.

Idk man, if I saw other people it would probably be great, we'd get together and form a new society!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff