Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Mr Ransom 2
Were you baptised? When? What denomination?

Yes. In 2009. Methodist.

Mr Ransom 2
Would you baptise your children? When?

No. Not unless they wanted to.

Mr Ransom 2
if you were baptised, are you still a Christian?

Nope.

Mr Ransom 2
Are you angry about being baptised?

No. It was my decision after all.

Mr Ransom 2
How long have you been on Gaia?

Since 2009.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Were you baptised? When? What denomination? Yes, I was 7 years old, Independent fundamental baptist

Would you baptise your children? no

if you were baptised, are you still a Christian? no, agnostic

Are you angry about being baptised? no

If not, Do you plan on getting baptised? n/a

How long have you been on Gaia? about 3 years now

Floppy Member

Quote:

Yes, I was a cradle Catholic. Obviously I had no say in the matter.

Quote:

I have not and I would not. If they wish to, that will be their decision and not mine.

Quote:

Nope.

Quote:

Yes, because I dislike the fact that an organized criminal institution gets to claim me as a member when I had no say in the matter.

Quote:
If not, Do you plan on getting baptised?

Hahahahaaaa....NO.

Quote:

OG - 2008

Floppy Member

AliKat1988
no, agnostic

User Image

emotion_dealwithit

Invisible Prophet

13,500 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
Like most of the people who answered, Catholic as an infant

If I do have kids it's a no (and there's a lot of things to do to get your kid baptized Catholic).

I don't consider myself Catholic anymore even though the Church believes that once you're a Catholic you're always a Catholic. My beliefs are basically "you can't prove to me that there is some form of deity out there nor prove that no such thing(s) exist" but I'll respect your beliefs.

Not that much. Part of me want to remove myself from the records of it having happened but on the other hand baptism carries no meaning to me anymore. No piece of paper can dictate to me that I should follow the rules or be damned.

Since December 2004 I believe.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Mr Ransom 2
I was raised in England, and I was Anglican, so I was baptised as an infant. I am an Atheist as of about 3 years ago but I don't think people baptise babies, I think they should be old enough to know whats going on, who knows they may leave Christianity. I am not angry about it because I don't see the importance though

Technically, I was supposed to baptise my sons too, and his grandparents are throwing a fit over it, but since I am all about choice for children, I am going to let him make the decision when to do it or no.

And I have been on here since the middle of 2003, yes I am old :p

If not, Do you plan on getting baptised?

I wasn't baptized. I was raised a Catholic, but never truly believed in any deity. I was definitely an Athiest by the time I started high school. My older sister was baptized, and she is also an Athiest. She had more of an inner conflict coming to terms with realizing there wasn't a "God" while-as I just came to realize I never believed in Christian mythology. She and I are two great examples of how people come to terms with being Athiests, some feel conflicted, others are just whatever about it. I would not baptize my children because that's their choice to make when they are older and more aware.
I wouldn't feel angry if I were baptized. They're just dunking my head in water, not forcing me to believe in certain things, nothing to be angry about. And no, I do not plan on getting baptized. Unless there was some religion out there revolving around delicious custard pudding.
I've been on Gaia since '04-05.
Arcoon Effox
LoveLoud837
Tee the Wicked

There is an astounding difference in "oh I am an atheist" and "I'm an atheist and Christians are degenerate human beings who should be executed."
...though, according to your religion, they're both going to be tortured in screaming agony for all eternity, right mluck?

you choose to, so its not my prerogative
LoveLoud837
Arcoon Effox
LoveLoud837
There is an astounding difference in "oh I am an atheist" and "I'm an atheist and Christians are degenerate human beings who should be executed."
...though, according to your religion, they're both going to be tortured in screaming agony for all eternity, right mluck?

As if God never tampered with people's decision-making faculties e.g. He hardened Pharaoh's heart.
Lucky~9~Lives
LoveLoud837
Arcoon Effox
LoveLoud837

As if God never tampered with people's decision-making faculties e.g. He hardened Pharaoh's heart.

So you admit He is.
LoveLoud837
Lucky~9~Lives
LoveLoud837
Arcoon Effox
LoveLoud837

So you admit He is.

No; to clarify: as if those who believe in your religion do not also believe God never tampered with people's decision-making faculties.
Lucky~9~Lives
LoveLoud837
Lucky~9~Lives
LoveLoud837
Arcoon Effox
LoveLoud837

So you admit He is.

No; to clarify: as if those who believe in your religion do not also believe God never tampered with people's decision-making faculties.

this sounds like a huge copout.

Regardless, you can't blame God for your unbelief.
LoveLoud837
Lucky~9~Lives

That's why it's your religion and not mine.
- ninja

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
LoveLoud837
Arcoon Effox
LoveLoud837
Tee the Wicked

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
LoveLoud837
Lucky~9~Lives
LoveLoud837
Lucky~9~Lives
LoveLoud837

So you admit He is.

No, the copout would be to say that people have free will, then deliver a coercive ultimatum about eternal suffering if they don't act in a certain way.

Another example of a cop-out would be you changing your name from mluck24 to try and duck the reputation you built for yourself here.
LoveLoud837
Regardless, you can't blame God for your unbelief.
You're blatantly ignoring the fact that God made Pharaoh say no, so that in doing so God could "punish" him for saying no.

This wasn't even the first time God punished a Pharaoh over bullshit reasons; back in Genesis 12, Abra(ha)m lied to the current Pharaoh about his wife being his sister, and God punished Pharaoh "with great plagues" for believing Abra(ha)m's lie.

Isn't it nice that sin is so abhorrent to God that he can't stand to look at the sinful... unless it serves his agenda?

Fun Facts:
* In the LDS Book of Abraham, it's actually God who concocts the lie, not Abra(ha)m.
* Abra(ha)m saying that Sarai/h was only half-untrue, as she was his half-sister. Apologists attempt to use this fact to claim that Abra(ha)m didn't actually lie, but his motive is still deceitful nonetheless.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff