Welcome to Gaia! ::

I want to see a copy of the actual bill itself to make sure this isn't another case of the gays not getting everything their way and they throw a screaming hissy fit. BlueNationReview is about as reliable a source of information as the drug addict on the corner,
Old Blue Collar Joe
I want to see a copy of the actual bill itself to make sure this isn't another case of the gays not getting everything their way and they throw a screaming hissy fit. BlueNationReview is about as reliable a source of information as the drug addict on the corner,
Grandpa! What are you doing outside of the nursing home?! We've been [not] worried sick about you!
God-The-RapistV2.0
GOOD.

I am sick and tied of assholes being able to hide behind a facade of enforced political correctness. If someone is a raging homophobe I want to know who they are so I can convince everyone to completely shun them from all of society. That way they can die cold, alone, and destitute at the side of the interstate.

*SIGH * I Used to think that way too, but then I learned in America, at least under this current climate, that only gets you MORE business and a round of paid appearances on Fox News, it doesn't shut you down.

Don't believe me? Ask Geno's Steaks.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Why should I be legally required to offer goods or services to absolutely everyone through my own personal business?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
History is a cycle. Someday, this too shall pass, and we'll look back at it, and laugh at how barbaric people once were.

Sucks for the time being, but at least we can rest assure that it's only temporary.
black_wing_angel
History is a cycle. Someday, this too shall pass, and we'll look back at it, and laugh at how barbaric people once were.

Sucks for the time being, but at least we can rest assure that it's only temporary.
The logical conclusion to "history is a cycle" is that we'll be dealing with this over and over and over again.

And the only people who will look back and laugh were the ones who had no horse in the race.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
black_wing_angel

That doesn't exactly give me any hope. If we keep making the same mistakes or making similar bad choices over and over again then we aren't learning anything.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
SparkyKid3000
black_wing_angel

That doesn't exactly give me any hope. If we keep making the same mistakes or making similar bad choices over and over again then we aren't learning anything.

Yeah. And that's pretty much the human condition. Humanity has a real piss-poor track record of actually learning from past mistakes.

How many historical "mistakes" do you think are being repeated, with the current anti-Muslim sentiment permeating the US (and other countries)?

1: Japanese internment camps in the US, as a result of WWII.

2: The Crusades.

3: Salem, MA

4: Segregation in the US

On, and on, and on.

We never learn. We only change targets.
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Why should I be legally required to offer goods or services to absolutely everyone through my own personal business?

You shouldn't as long as you don't advertise yourself as open to public.

Also, we had this discussion as a society in the 60's. Your side lost.
Tape Culture
God-The-RapistV2.0
GOOD.

I am sick and tied of assholes being able to hide behind a facade of enforced political correctness. If someone is a raging homophobe I want to know who they are so I can convince everyone to completely shun them from all of society. That way they can die cold, alone, and destitute at the side of the interstate.
If the consequences of not being politically correct are dying "cold, alone and destitute" I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you are enforcing political correctness on them. There's a reason this s**t is getting compared to the McCarthy era, and that is something that the Right Wing has yet to fully live down even though it happened ******** decades ago. Are you sure you want to be outright neo-McCarthyan?

That would apply were it not for the fact that people like My Dog Mr Kitty are actually decrying the ability to shut people out

You're getting mad at people and calling them McCarthy'ites because they're mad at people who want to act like McCarthyites.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Tape Culture
My Dog Mr. Kitty
Because the total acceptance of homosexuals and homosexuality is a universal moral imperative. It's right up there with the other important social rules. Don't murder. Don't rape. Don't be a homophobe. It's that big of a deal.

So now you're banning certain opinions

I thought this was the land of the free
Tape Culture
They Came to Kill GSK
Tape Culture
God-The-RapistV2.0
GOOD.

If the consequences of not being politically correct are dying "cold, alone and destitute" I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you are enforcing political correctness on them. There's a reason this s**t is getting compared to the McCarthy era, and that is something that the Right Wing has yet to fully live down even though it happened ******** decades ago. Are you sure you want to be outright neo-McCarthyan?

That would apply were it not for the fact that people like My Dog Mr Kitty are actually decrying the ability to shut people out

You're getting mad at people and calling them McCarthy'ites because they're mad at people who want to act like McCarthyites.
Yeah, I realize that it's a two-way street. I just don't like the entire conflict. It's just that, as someone who likes free speech and personal freedom, I find the whole the obnoxious.

Also, did you get Jo's intro post?

Yea, did you catch the response?

I swear, if people just bit the bullet, advertised themselves as a PRIVATE CLUB they could skirt a whole lot of this mess, and you know what, I'd be just fine with that.

You hear that My Dog? If you're so determined to keep niggers and faggots out of your nice business, all you gotta do is NOT ADVERTISE AS OPEN TO THE ******** PUBLIC.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff