Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stone-cold Aggressor

13,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
SupahGaaay
Holidazed

Would you blame a firefighter for saving a kid first before 4 dogs which ended up with the dogs dying?

What it comes down to if you feel that all animals are equal thats fine thats your belief and your entitled to it. If that is your belief then i feel like you dedicate your life to saving cows pigs and chickens, and if you do that with the belief that all animals are equal im not sure how you can justify not physically stopping the farmers from slaughtering all those animals. I made my conviction strong and out in the open so im more then willing to take criticism.

Well if you find it easier to care about non human animals more than the average human i would only ask for you to think about why.

arrow Yes. If there were a higher chance for either to be saved whilst the other were, say, crushed under a pile of whatever and couldn't be pulled out without p much sacrificing all lives....then it would be an either or situation. Why can he not save both? Because of speciesism.

arrow It's not a belief. There is scientific proof.
arrow I am a vegan. I stop animals from being born by not aiding the industries...or not doing so as much as I humanly can at the moment.
arrow And I take the stance that I think the world would be better off without humans in it.
arrow Because I am a human and see my species as a deplorable bunch of apes with only very few living in awful conditions due to the influence of the wealthier nations. You don't see other animals doing that, and that is why I find them to be far nobler and far more deserving of my respect than members of my own species.

Chahklet

No. ******** that. If you don't value humans than go live in the wild and see how kindly they treat you.

Is that your take on "If you don't like America you can leave?"
Because that's really grown up and a sound argument against my stance.

4laugh

Again if you believe dogs are on the same level as children thats your belief and though i vehemently disagree with you its your right to believe that.

Theres also scientific proof that humans are different and more important hence the existence of science.

Do you kill insects?

If you believe the world would be better off with out humans then feel free to demonstrate your convictions.

You seem to have a tendency to anthropomorphize, which is putting human traits on animals. They are not noble. even the noble and benevolent dolphin rapes and murders people.

Floppy Member

God Emperor Baldur
The Legendary Guest
God Emperor Baldur
The Legendary Guest
God Emperor Baldur

There are gods that have died in Viking and Greek Mythology. It is our ability to create things and adapt that make us divine and possibly unique in the known and unknown universe.
Define "divine" and demonstrate how that applies to Homo sapiens sapiens.

You are a humorous person because your instinct is showing. Humans do not want to think they are the highest up and that is why so many believe in God or aliens. You getting offended at my statement shows that. Anyway, divine is god-like. How can a species be able to talk to someone faster than the speed of sound not be divine?

Are you unable or unwilling to answer my simple and straightforward question?

I already answered it.

No, what you did was give me an unsolicited opinion, followed by a lot of unsupported nonsense and pop psychology. Since there is no evidence for any such thing as a god, defining "divine" as being "god-like" is meaningless. Your question is an obvious attempt to shift the burden.

Now try again and answer what I've asked, not what you wish to talk about, and save the psych analysis for people who don't realize that type of thing is is worthless coming from a random Gaian - define "divine" in a manner that makes logical sense to connect with your assertion that the ability humans have makes us "divine" and then demonstrate clearly how that applies to the species Homo sapiens sapiens.

Floppy Member

God Emperor Baldur
SupahGaaay
God Emperor Baldur

I already answered it.

User Image

Apparently not as stupid as to ignore when someone is reacting instinctively.

If stupidity can be defined as trying to substitute jargon and opinion for an actual answer, then by all means don the shoe. It is more then evident that it fits you well.
The Legendary Guest
God Emperor Baldur
SupahGaaay
God Emperor Baldur

I already answered it.

User Image

If stupidity can be defined as trying to substitute jargon and opinion for an actual answer, then by all means don the shoe. It is more then evident that it fits you well.

Keep living in denial then.

Shameless Mystic

Biocentrism will be popular until humans (if we don't destroy ourselves), become spacefaring to the point of it becoming mundane. If humans ever discover a way to travel vast distances of space in short periods of time, anthropocentrism will take over. The universe will be seen as nothing but nigh limitless building material, and all non sentient species as mere toys.

Animals and plants will be commodities that people use to populate their self-created space estates in exotic reaches of the universe. All life as we know it will be based entirely around what we can do with our ambitions because the concept of nature will be all but forgotten.

Eloquent Streaker

Kaptain K Rool
Be thar a name fer th' view that thar be nothin' that holds any value o' importance what-so-eva'?
I believe that would be nihilism.
Technically speaking, regardless of where you are in the universe, it will always appear as though you are in the center from where you are standing. Everyone, and everything, is always at the center of the universe.

Floppy Member

God Emperor Baldur
The Legendary Guest
God Emperor Baldur
SupahGaaay
God Emperor Baldur

I already answered it.

User Image

Keep living in denial then.

I'm in no manner of denial. Your answers are non-answers. Why should I deny something like that?

Demonic Divorcee

3,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Holidazed

Again if you believe dogs are on the same level as children thats your belief and though i vehemently disagree with you its your right to believe that.

arrow How is a dog not as valuable as a human child? Why is the killing of dogs acceptable and not punishable with years in prison?

Quote:
Theres also scientific proof that humans are different and more important hence the existence of science.

arrow Do you mean scientific bias that prove that humans are "different and more important" than the other mammals they share this planet with? Because I would love to see good research that shows humans are just better than other creatures in every way that does not originate in religious bullshit.

Quote:
Do you kill insects?

arrow It has been a while since I last did. Is that your attempt to poison the well?

Quote:
If you believe the world would be better off with out humans then feel free to demonstrate your convictions.

arrow That would be counter to my ethics. I do not breed and therefore will end my legacy. That is the kind of extinction I promote. A voluntary one. That we, as responsible, sentient beings, decide to do what is best for the planet. If we are so great, then our actions should reflect said greatness.

Quote:

You seem to have a tendency to anthropomorphize, which is putting human traits on animals. They are not noble. even the noble and benevolent dolphin rapes and murders people.

arrow I know what 'anthropomorphize' means.
arrow Do you not look at a non-human animal and recognise emotions present in yourself? Or are you bereft of empathy?
arrow You know what also rapes and murders people more than dolphins? Humans. You know what goes into wars and kills indiscriminately? Humans. You know who has no excuse whatsoever for these behaviours? Humans.
arrow Humans are literal blights on this planet. Who needs monsters and demons when human mammals are here?

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
SupahGaaay
God Emperor Baldur

Except those puppies are not human and therefore less important.

But they are also animals, like ourselves. Who are you to say their lives are less important? What if I said that because pigs are 'smarter' than a three year old, I would not care if they were slaughtered?
On what grounds do you ascribe a life value and importance?

Nature

There is some sort of inhibition against killing another member of our own species, because we have to work to overcome it (see "dehumanization" )

But the rules do not apply to other species. Both humans and wolves lack inhibitions against killing chickens.

Demonic Divorcee

3,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Glorious Leader Luna

Nature

There is some sort of inhibition against killing another member of our own species, because we have to work to overcome it (see "dehumanization" )

But the rules do not apply to other species. Both humans and wolves lack inhibitions against killing chickens.

arrow Nature? The same nature that permits others to kill and eat their young?

arrow What about mass murderers and lacking empathy? They have no problem killing human and slitting their throats.

arrow The rules? Where are these rules?

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
SupahGaaay
Glorious Leader Luna

Nature

arrow Nature? The same nature that permits others to kill and eat their young?

arrow What about mass murderers and lacking empathy? They have no problem killing human and slitting their throats.

arrow The rules? Where are these rules?

Yeah If that's what nature planned

They are mentally unwell and still normally engage in some manner of dehumanizing

The RULES OF NATURE!™ are in nature
Biocentrism has nothing to do with ethics...it's a highly theoretical view as to how biology affects the universe at large.

The entire supposition behind biocentrism basically entails that all biological phenomena are gods or godlike. That consciousness is the ultimate force in the universe and cannot exist without biology.

Post-google, oh, the ethical biocentrism.
What are you wanting to suppose with the proponency of ethical biocentrism in contrast of anthropocentrism?

Are you wanting to use pathos or logos? Because either could be argued with.

Demonic Divorcee

3,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Glorious Leader Luna

They are mentally unwell and still normally engage in some manner of dehumanizing

arrow So, because of nature, fratricide and all that is excusable?

arrow Most humans are capable of dehumanizing others to some degree.

arrow Not actually a thing. You can pretty much use the "rules of nature" to excuse anything.
SupahGaaay
Glorious Leader Luna

arrow So, because of nature, fratricide and all that is excusable?

arrow Most humans are capable of dehumanizing others to some degree.

arrow Not actually a thing. You can pretty much use the "rules of nature" to excuse anything.
Nature in and of itself doesn't have the potential in ruling what is just and what is not. That's up to us human beings who manipulate, or, more precisely, are capable of manipulating the laws of nature consciously. The human brain's far more complex than that of all other mammalian and animal species; it's impossible to say that the laws of nature are an excuse for anything in relation of things capable of enhancing the laws of nature for their own well being e.g. vaccines are not natural and do not exist naturally.

Again, that's in relation of subjectivity and either subject's willingness to accept the dehumanization or to use the infraction of.

Uh, there's this thing called chemistry. It is inadvisable for one to place oneself within an environment full of chemically noxious gases. If you find a way to survive in doing so, then please, inform the scientific community so that they may further investigate the anomaly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff