Welcome to Gaia! ::

xstonerx
WHAT THE ********]
as soon as someone says something everyone agrees...why?
people arent born evil...evil is something we learn. its a way of getting ahead because we are told cheaters dont win...well i got news for you GEORGE BUSH ******** CHEATED AND HES THE ******** PRESIDENT!!!
read frankenstein by mary shelley and then have this discussion.

Wow eek ....deep man.
Plushie_star
I think so...kinda
can look at a toddler smashing ants with obvious enjoyment and say he's not getting pleasure out of destoying life??

I think Humans in generall desire power--even if it's simply over small animals when they're young. Heck i used to kill bugs without a second thought but now im a vegetarian and feel strongly for equal rights for everyone and everything.
I think something has to happen to you before you can realise that these little things are wrong--the world doesn't encourage peace enough and kids are growing up into wars and evil

No thats not true, populalar toddlers are evil and for the other children you have to copy them to become popular and get something out of life.
Glide_A
onlydraven
Only women.

Seconded -_-

yu ha
hymoza
Glide_A
onlydraven
Only women.

Seconded -_-

yu ha

Ermmm... yeah, sure sweatdrop
Glide_A
hymoza
Glide_A
onlydraven
Only women.

Seconded -_-

yu ha

Ermmm... yeah, sure sweatdrop

wat
Plushie_star
I think so...kinda
can look at a toddler smashing ants with obvious enjoyment and say he's not getting pleasure out of destoying life??

I think Humans in generall desire power--even if it's simply over small animals when they're young. Heck i used to kill bugs without a second thought but now im a vegetarian and feel strongly for equal rights for everyone and everything.
I think something has to happen to you before you can realise that these little things are wrong--the world doesn't encourage peace enough and kids are growing up into wars and evil

Ive read this post before and No humans aren't born eveil but they are left to become evil. Most of the cruelist people are cruel and evil becuase their parents didn't give a damn or spoiled them to much
Plushie_star
I think so...kinda

hmm..if you put it in a way of killing animals, everything is evil. Yeah people kill animals but hey, if you were locked inside a room with a wild lion Wouldn't it try to kill you? Plus, when you're a todler you just don't know better.
xstonerx
WHAT THE ********]
as soon as someone says something everyone agrees...why?
people arent born evil...evil is something we learn. its a way of getting ahead because we are told cheaters dont win...well i got news for you GEORGE BUSH ******** CHEATED AND HES THE ******** PRESIDENT!!!
read frankenstein by mary shelley and then have this discussion.
I will agree with the part of not beeing born evil but there is one factor that seems to be overlooked, you can be born into evil, and even if you're not born into it you might still need to become evil just to survive your childhood, be it the fault of your parrents or your own it doesn't matter. For example I myself deu to some incidents in early childhood had to become "evil" and that pretty much ruined my life up untill a few months ago when someone finally managed to reach me through the walls and sharades I putt up as a matter of protection, and as for the book I'll read it as soon as I can find it. neutral
no they are not born evil its all how the parents raise them. thats simply the answer, that or ,maybe a traumatic experience as a kid
i believe babies are ignorent- no thats too harsh... babies are delicate, without "morals" but still so advaced. i love babies, they are so cute, i think they are much more pure than anyone else (accept jesus ^^) but they are sinless.
Science has proved that without any socialization, children who are abandoned or neglected will behave like animals. (This makes sense to me because humans are intrinsically animals, it's just socialization that makes us human, learning to talk, walk upright, read, learning morals, learning right from wrong, etc.) There are two famous cases...

Quote:
The "Wild Boy of Aveyron"--found in southern France in 1800, looked and behaved like an animal. An attempt to change him from "beast to human" failed.

Genie--a California girl who was locked in a room from the age of about 1 1/2 years old until she was more than 13. A psychiatrist described her as "unsocialized, primitive, hardly human." Later, she learned to eat quite normally, was toilet-trained, and tolerated being dressed like other children. Yet her mastery of language never progressed beyond that of a 3- or 4-year-old.
Yah I know what your talking about the animal like babies. There is a certain time when the brain needs to develop certain social behaviours and if they are missed they can never be learned.
If everyone was content, then there would be no wars.
If everyone had food,shelter, security, and warmth, and did not have to worry about not having an essential part of survival, they would not see the point to fighitng.

I think humans only become corrupt when they fall into a pattern of wanting more than everyone else. When their standard of living is so high above everyone else, they feel they constantly need more.
That's why, if evreyone were to be content, the rich wouldn't be able to start wars- unless they fought them themlseves.
Humans are not born evil. Humans are born with the choice to do evil deeds that lead them to such dark ways. It is entirely up to the person committing the sins if they want to continue to lead a life of hate and spite. However I assure you all, evil will only breed more hate and violence, spawned deep within the human heart. If he or she wants to look a certain dark way or act a certain way, but is harmful to their environment and the people around them...then it is a dark act. I'm just clarifying the difference between doing good and acting bad... stare
on my perspective (and of psychologists), considering that even altruistic acts are most, often than not, dictated by egoistical drives (to escape guilt or to do a favour to ourselves in our mind), i suppose that a toddler's primary aim in killing bugs is not depriving them of life, but (sounds crude) taking pleasure out the activity. Because we humans appreciate other lives and have empathic emotions, we, as adults, may choose to teach the kid to direct its need for pleasure on other activities, possibly not as sadic, and teach her/him the values we value. Now the question would be. which values are really valuable? eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff