Welcome to Gaia! ::

AmoDiaboli

Oxygen can and does get you high. Otherwise, Oxygen Bars would not exist.

Scubadivers do not have pure oxygen in their tanks. It is compressed air. The same air we breathe, which contains other elements besides oxygen.

Please confirm your information before calling people dumbasses.

Pssst...
Quote:
Pure Oxygen is mainly used during the shallow decompression stops at the end of a technical dive for accelerated decompression stops.

Source

Early space flights also used pure oxygen. That is one of the main reasons why apollo 1 spacecraft caught fire.

Source

Oxygen bars are supposed to be like a body cleansing thing, they are't meant to get you high.
Nitrous_Oxide
AmoDiaboli

Oxygen can and does get you high. Otherwise, Oxygen Bars would not exist.

Scubadivers do not have pure oxygen in their tanks. It is compressed air. The same air we breathe, which contains other elements besides oxygen.

Please confirm your information before calling people dumbasses.

Pssst...
Quote:
Pure Oxygen is mainly used during the shallow decompression stops at the end of a technical dive for accelerated decompression stops.

Source

Early space flights also used pure oxygen. That is one of the main reasons why apollo 1 spacecraft caught fire.

Source

Oxygen bars are supposed to be like a resort clensing thing, they are't ment to get you high.

Aren't you condradicting yourself. The space ship caught fire. Thats bad. Which is why there is no longer pure oxygen. And although they are not ment to get you high they do.
Mytharis
EmeraldSoul
Mytharis
You know what the world needs? A safe drug. Something people can get high on, forget about their lives, and wake up with a headache or something, and not be ******** up for life.

Seriously! If the medical companies marketed this, it would make billions. Screw making the cure for cancer, make a safe drug! No more cocaine lords, no more marijuana legalization bitching, but a completely safe drug that you can get high off.

This drug must
- Be lickable (or any other method thats not smoking/snorting/injecting)
- Must not kill brain cells.
- Must not be addictive.
- Must not cause any damage after a short "Hangover" type thing.

Good idea? Bad Idea? Discuss!

ever heard the saying "all good things in life are bad for you"?

if drugs were safe they wouldnt be illegal,you sound more like a druggy trying to come out of the closet or one in hiding.

I don't do drugs. I'm just saying, it'd be big business.

This drug likely would be legal.

Ok... you know what? Enoughs enough. Just go get laid or something... if you want a high that bad... geez... if you need escape from stress try TALKING WITH OTHER PEOPLE ABOUT IT (gee... you are on a forum full of friend-desperate people), or try MEDITATING (dont knock it till ya try it), or even try seeing a counselor (and if you think that somehow makes you a weaker person, consider this. If a person breaks their leg, or even has an upset tummy, they go to the body doctor right away. But if someone is having stress overload or just needs some counseling, its like some sort of self defeating shame to see a mind doctor)
Ashleea
"Peppermint, bayberry, cranberry, wintergreen. Breath mints? Scented candles? No--they're "flavors" of oxygen offered at your local oxygen bar. Since oxygen bars were introduced in the United States in the late 1990s, the trend has caught on, and customers are bellying up to bars around the country to sniff oxygen through a plastic hose (cannula) inserted into their nostrils. And many patrons opt for the "flavored" oxygen produced by pumping oxygen through an aroma en route to the nose.

The oxygen experience in a bar can last from a few minutes to about 20 minutes, depending on customers' preferences and the size of their wallets. The price of about a dollar a minute could leave you gasping for air, but frequent inhalers may get a discount.
Most oxygen bar proprietors are careful not to make medical claims for their product, and state that their oxygen is not a medical gas--it's made and offered strictly for recreational use. But under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, any type of oxygen used by people for breathing and administered by another person is a prescription drug."

Its a drug.

"People with some types of heart disease, asthma, congestive heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, such as emphysema, need to have their medical oxygen regulated carefully to oxygenate their blood properly, says Purucker. "If they inhale too much oxygen, they can stop breathing.Inhaling oily substances can lead to a serious inflammation of the lungs, known as lipoid pneumonia. Even if an oil-free medium is used, the purity or sterility of the aerosol that is generated cannot be guaranteed. Susceptible customers run the risk of inhaling allergens or irritants that may cause them to wheeze. Inhalation of live contaminants such as bacteria or other pathogens may lead to infection. "

It has side effects.

And if you smoke in the same room it could explode.

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2002/602_air.html

"What's in a scuba tank? Oxygen?
Recreational divers breathe air, not oxygen. It's filtered to remove impurities, but otherwise, it's air like you're breathing now."

It's air. With everything air has. Not just oxygen.

http://www.scubatank.com/General_faqs.htm#22

And thanks to everyone who beat me to my point.

I'll just quote this rather than retort, as I have to leave currently.
Kaeta_Guardian
Energy Riot

Funny how we eat pure salt all the time...

... ok for starters, your body processes salt differently when its taken in with water. Your body is unable to identify that there is salt and absorbs the water as though it was pure... dont ask me why but I have the backing of a chemistry professer who told me about the dead sea and the salt thing so...

*sigh*
You can't drink seawater, or Dead or otherwise, because it contains so much salt that your body realizes that it's dehydrating (when it hits your stomach, the difference in salt concentrations causes an osmotic pressure towards the seawater, and water comes out of your system) and purges it in an attempt to prevent further damage. Dead Sea water is particularly bad because it requires a lot of water before your body can do that. We eat salt with our food because our systems can handle (and absorb) a certain amount of it. That's all. None of this mystic "can't identify salt and absorbs the water as though it were pure" crap.
Hahah, I am very much against drugs but it sounds like a good idea, as long as use is keep in moderation.
Mytharis
You know what the world needs? A safe drug. Something people can get high on, forget about their lives, and wake up with a headache or something, and not be ******** up for life.

Seriously! If the medical companies marketed this, it would make billions. Screw making the cure for cancer, make a safe drug! No more cocaine lords, no more marijuana legalization bitching, but a completely safe drug that you can get high off.

This drug must
- Be lickable (or any other method thats not smoking/snorting/injecting)
- Must not kill brain cells.
- Must not be addictive.
- Must not cause any damage after a short "Hangover" type thing.

Good idea? Bad Idea? Discuss!

canabis, you dont have to smoke it
AmoDiaboli
Ashleea
"Peppermint, bayberry, cranberry, wintergreen. Breath mints? Scented candles? No--they're "flavors" of oxygen offered at your local oxygen bar. Since oxygen bars were introduced in the United States in the late 1990s, the trend has caught on, and customers are bellying up to bars around the country to sniff oxygen through a plastic hose (cannula) inserted into their nostrils. And many patrons opt for the "flavored" oxygen produced by pumping oxygen through an aroma en route to the nose.

The oxygen experience in a bar can last from a few minutes to about 20 minutes, depending on customers' preferences and the size of their wallets. The price of about a dollar a minute could leave you gasping for air, but frequent inhalers may get a discount.
Most oxygen bar proprietors are careful not to make medical claims for their product, and state that their oxygen is not a medical gas--it's made and offered strictly for recreational use. But under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, any type of oxygen used by people for breathing and administered by another person is a prescription drug."

Its a drug.

"People with some types of heart disease, asthma, congestive heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, such as emphysema, need to have their medical oxygen regulated carefully to oxygenate their blood properly, says Purucker. "If they inhale too much oxygen, they can stop breathing.Inhaling oily substances can lead to a serious inflammation of the lungs, known as lipoid pneumonia. Even if an oil-free medium is used, the purity or sterility of the aerosol that is generated cannot be guaranteed. Susceptible customers run the risk of inhaling allergens or irritants that may cause them to wheeze. Inhalation of live contaminants such as bacteria or other pathogens may lead to infection. "

It has side effects.

Recreational divers breathe air, not oxygen. It's filtered to remove impurities, but otherwise, it's air like you're breathing now."

Bye.
Adrian Mailenna
Kaeta_Guardian
Energy Riot

Funny how we eat pure salt all the time...

... ok for starters, your body processes salt differently when its taken in with water. Your body is unable to identify that there is salt and absorbs the water as though it was pure... dont ask me why but I have the backing of a chemistry professer who told me about the dead sea and the salt thing so...

*sigh*
You can't drink seawater, or Dead or otherwise, because it contains so much salt that your body realizes that it's dehydrating (when it hits your stomach, the difference in salt concentrations causes an osmotic pressure towards the seawater, and water comes out of your system) and purges it in an attempt to prevent further damage. Dead Sea water is particularly bad because it requires a lot of water before your body can do that. We eat salt with our food because our systems can handle (and absorb) a certain amount of it. That's all. None of this mystic "can't identify salt and absorbs the water as though it were pure" crap.

I stand doubly corrected.
Ashleea

Aren't you condradicting yourself. The space ship caught fire. Thats bad. Which is why there is no longer pure oxygen. And although they are not ment to get you high they do.

No, you can't be have your astronauts high when they need to be on top of their game. NASA wouldn't do something so stupid.

And oxygen is a drug because of the damage it can cause at high pressures and for it's medical uses for those who don't obtain oxygen very efficiently from the air (IE old and sick people).

ANY high pressure gas will damage your lungs though.
if you want a drug to make you forget about your life for a couple hours and have a killer headache afterwards....play a gameboy. blaugh
Nitrous_Oxide
Ashleea

No, you can't be have your astronauts high when they need to be on top of their game. NASA wouldn't do something so stupid.

And oxygen is a drug because of the damage it can cause at high pressures and for it's medical uses for those who don't obtain oxygen very efficiently from the air (IE old and sick people).

Early space flights. As in no longer happens. Which means they probably didn't know. Now they know. Which is why now they don't use it any more.
AmoDiaboli
Ashleea

Its a drug.

It has side effects.

Why did you quote that again? It says nothing about any narcotic, stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effects.
The point is a safe drug like this will never exist. Even without side effects like headaches and whatnot. If it's strong enough to make you forget about your life for a couple hours as you suggest, people will still do retarded s**t while on it and end up hurting other people. Aside from that, people will still develop psychological addictions.
Nitrous_Oxide
Ashleea

Dude... just get off the oxygen thing... read my last post.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff