Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
So I'm tired of people telling me how easy Guard is. If it is so easy, try it, prove me wrong.
I've had countless friends who where on Dance company, Drill Team, and Cheerleading, who have tried out color guard, and have told me that it's way harder then they expected and that they would rather stick with dance cause ti is easier.
So prove me wrong please.
[I've included a link to a video of guard, mind you this is an easy show, they do get harder]

UEX
I guarantee I would have hit myself in the face with that flag more than once.
Kind of biased if you ask me. Something being difficult is a mind state. And from what I have seen with the Gaurd competitions, none of those match in the god damn insanity of Pharside's choreography. If you can do that you are a god.
Guard isn't 'harder' than Cheer or dance, but it isn't easier either. All of them have their unique challenges that make them what they are.
I agree with the above poster.

Is that your show? If so, it's decent. A class? haha. I was in A class in high school. Fun stuff.

And yeah. Tell those people who say guard is easy/boring/pathetic, to go see Flanagan HS or James Logan HS or Pride of Cincinnati or Aimachi live. XD
I agree with One-Letter. They all have challenges and different aspects of difficulty. I have to say, my school's pom squad could probably perform the choreo most guard teams do, the only problem they would really have is the flag and baton twirling. Which is the hard aspect of guard.

Dance techniques involved in ballet make it more difficult in the dance sense because ballet requires a much higher amount of discipline than the lyrical and contemporary techniques guard usually incorporates.

Cheerleading is tougher in the sense that everybody is relying on everyone else. If one person goes down, the whole team goes down, literally. And if you include the sheer strength needed to throw a 115 pound girl 25 feet in the air and hold her in the air for at least 15 seconds several times within 2 1/2 minutes, then it's easy to see how cheerleading would appear more difficult than guard. But like I said, nobody on our team would be capable of doing the flag bit, which makes guard unique and difficult in its own way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff