Welcome to Gaia! ::

baka_boy1221
APinoySuperHero
mmafighter1221
baka_boy1221
Well Diego Sanchez is probably next in line for a title shot ... but I think he needs another win to solidify it ... porbably against Frankie Edgar ... another Lightweight contender ... that will be a great fight ... I would think

That would be a great fight ... especially since Frankie Edgar is coming off that win against Sean Sherk ... that would be good ... we will have to see if Joe Silva makes that match ...

I think that Frankie should go up against Stevenson and Guida should up against Sherk and we let Diego go up against Tyson Griffin and if he wins that let him go after Bj or Kenflo. Thats how I see it. Either that or we let Diego straight for Bj or Kenflo.

I think those would be good matches either way.

Tyson Griffin will be fighting Hermes Franca though ... besides Frankie Edgar, there is Gray Maynard ...

Maybe the winner of the Franca Griffin fight could up against the Guida?
APinoySuperHero
baka_boy1221
APinoySuperHero
mmafighter1221
baka_boy1221
Well Diego Sanchez is probably next in line for a title shot ... but I think he needs another win to solidify it ... porbably against Frankie Edgar ... another Lightweight contender ... that will be a great fight ... I would think

That would be a great fight ... especially since Frankie Edgar is coming off that win against Sean Sherk ... that would be good ... we will have to see if Joe Silva makes that match ...

I think that Frankie should go up against Stevenson and Guida should up against Sherk and we let Diego go up against Tyson Griffin and if he wins that let him go after Bj or Kenflo. Thats how I see it. Either that or we let Diego straight for Bj or Kenflo.

Tyson Griffin will be fighting Hermes Franca though ... besides Frankie Edgar, there is Gray Maynard ...

Well it is all up to Joe Silva ...
APinoySuperHero
Santisimo
APinoySuperHero
Santisimo
Silva has had 2 dissapointing fight's so far, and moving him to the Lightweight division is not so wise, I agree he is a good fighter, but the Light-Heavyweight division is proly one of the most dangerous divisions in UFC and is famous for it's excellent strikers, if he manages to pull it off in the Light-Heavyweight division? damn, he will be the man, but I doubt it.

Alright. Lets see what you mean by dissapointing. He didnt finish off Letis sorry mother ******** but, what the hell does he have to prove. I am tierd of defending Silva because its so obvious that ******** he doesnt need to be defended. Silva is the champ he has destroyed a whole entire division and when he beats Forrest who is going to dispute his reign. Most of the fighters Silva has now faced have finally figured out that Silva isnt straying away from his gameplan. So if you dont want to get ko'd or submitted then your going to have to try and out point him and that s**t just didnt work. Silva will beat standing on the ground and on the judges score cards. Forrest Griffin is a smart guy but, I am not even sure he can come up with a game plan to beat Silva. I just dont see any holes in Silva's game. I mean at first I thought Hendo was gonna be the guy to do it but, Even Silva's wreslting ability was great. Sorry man but, I dont see your s**t holding any water for your comments on Silva. Better luck next time.

No, when I say dissapointing I mean that even Dana White has to come out and appolagize for the performance. There has been lots of time's when fans really wanted to see a fighter knock the s**t out of somebody, and even though it diden't happen, they still loved the fight

ex. Jackson vs Jardine

did people boo the s**t out of them just because Jackson diden't knock him out? nope

did Dana White have to come out and appolagize because there wasen't a finish? nope.

It was considered dissapointing because the fight was un-exciting and like I said, the performance was terrible, even though he managed to defend the title and pull off the victorys. I'm not tryin to slam the guy's talent's. I love watching him fight, but I was really pissed watching that last fight.

Why because he isnt like Chris Leben and wants to go out swinging for the fences because his game plan is conservative. People want to see fights finish I understand that but, if you think that Silva is going to go into somebodys game plan just because people want to finish him then whats the point in that. Forrest is going to learn the hard way that Silva's game plans are top notch and there is no way Silva is going to stray away from his game plan just to entertain the fans he is going to fight the good smart fight and come out on top.

Forrest Griffin though still has his chances ... who knows what might happen ...
baka_boy1221
APinoySuperHero
baka_boy1221
APinoySuperHero
mmafighter1221
baka_boy1221

Well it is all up to Joe Silva ...

If there was somebody I would want to be for a day it would have to be him or Dana. Depending on the day. xD
mmafighter1221
APinoySuperHero
Santisimo
APinoySuperHero
Santisimo
Silva has had 2 dissapointing fight's so far, and moving him to the Lightweight division is not so wise, I agree he is a good fighter, but the Light-Heavyweight division is proly one of the most dangerous divisions in UFC and is famous for it's excellent strikers, if he manages to pull it off in the Light-Heavyweight division? damn, he will be the man, but I doubt it.

Alright. Lets see what you mean by dissapointing. He didnt finish off Letis sorry mother ******** but, what the hell does he have to prove. I am tierd of defending Silva because its so obvious that ******** he doesnt need to be defended. Silva is the champ he has destroyed a whole entire division and when he beats Forrest who is going to dispute his reign. Most of the fighters Silva has now faced have finally figured out that Silva isnt straying away from his gameplan. So if you dont want to get ko'd or submitted then your going to have to try and out point him and that s**t just didnt work. Silva will beat standing on the ground and on the judges score cards. Forrest Griffin is a smart guy but, I am not even sure he can come up with a game plan to beat Silva. I just dont see any holes in Silva's game. I mean at first I thought Hendo was gonna be the guy to do it but, Even Silva's wreslting ability was great. Sorry man but, I dont see your s**t holding any water for your comments on Silva. Better luck next time.

No, when I say dissapointing I mean that even Dana White has to come out and appolagize for the performance. There has been lots of time's when fans really wanted to see a fighter knock the s**t out of somebody, and even though it diden't happen, they still loved the fight

ex. Jackson vs Jardine

did people boo the s**t out of them just because Jackson diden't knock him out? nope

did Dana White have to come out and appolagize because there wasen't a finish? nope.

It was considered dissapointing because the fight was un-exciting and like I said, the performance was terrible, even though he managed to defend the title and pull off the victorys. I'm not tryin to slam the guy's talent's. I love watching him fight, but I was really pissed watching that last fight.

Why because he isnt like Chris Leben and wants to go out swinging for the fences because his game plan is conservative. People want to see fights finish I understand that but, if you think that Silva is going to go into somebodys game plan just because people want to finish him then whats the point in that. Forrest is going to learn the hard way that Silva's game plans are top notch and there is no way Silva is going to stray away from his game plan just to entertain the fans he is going to fight the good smart fight and come out on top.

Forrest Griffin though still has his chances ... who knows what might happen ...

I know its MMA anything can happen just Silva is different then anyone he has ever fought. He isnt a Shogun and he isnt a Rashad he is better I think Silva is the fedor of the MW division a possibility of the LHW division too.
APinoySuperHero
mmafighter1221
APinoySuperHero
Santisimo
APinoySuperHero
Santisimo

ex. Jackson vs Jardine

I know its MMA anything can happen just Silva is different then anyone he has ever fought. He isnt a Shogun and he isnt a Rashad he is better I think Silva is the fedor of the MW division a possibility of the LHW division too.

I thought Lyoto was going to be the Fedor of the LHW
baka_boy1221
APinoySuperHero
mmafighter1221
APinoySuperHero
Santisimo

ex. Jackson vs Jardine

I thought Lyoto was going to be the Fedor of the LHW

He is well proably depending on how well he does against shogun but, anyways I think if Lyoto and Silva were to fight I think that Silva would win if he was able to get his Clinch and land a some knee's because like everyone else Silva has hit inside the clinch most leave dazed.
Silva and Lyoto would never fight, they both train at Black House together and are training partners. I think that is the reason why Nog is not in the UFC, since he does not want to fight Machida as they too are training partners. Machida is better on the ground than Silva and has equally technical striking and moves far better than Silva. Machida would win that one.
Trop.exe
Silva and Lyoto would never fight, they both train at Black House together and are training partners. I think that is the reason why Nog is not in the UFC, since he does not want to fight Machida as they too are training partners. Machida is better on the ground than Silva and has equally technical striking and moves far better than Silva. Machida would win that one.

I am not so sure about that. Sure Machida has a great outside striking but, has never really been tested against someone with a good inside game like Silva. I would have to give a slight edge on the ground to Machida and along with an outside strike range I would give that to Machida too but, if Silva was to fight a smart fight he would get on the inside of Machida and get into the Muay Thai clinch and rain down knees on Machida which we have yet to see how Machida would handle it so if the fight went on the inside I would give to Silva. Plus I think Silva has the punchers chance against Machida too not saying Machida doesnt have it either but, we havent really seen much of Machida's chin because he so fast and elsuive. As to the Nog thing isnt Nog fighting Couture plus he wouldnt fight Machida because Nog is fighting at HW so I am not sure how that would be a problem.
There are two Nogs, Lil' Nog who fights at 205 and Big Nog. Lil Nog is the one who fights for Jungle and Affliction.
Trop.exe
There are two Nogs, Lil' Nog who fights at 205 and Big Nog. Lil Nog is the one who fights for Jungle and Affliction.

Oh Lil Nog gotta be clear on that sorry but, your proably right about that. Plus I thought Ed from the black house camp hinted that Silva and Machida would fight if the money was right.
So what are your guy's predictions for UFC 100 ...

Mir > Lesnar
I believe that Mir can reclaim the title (though officially he is a champion, just not the champion). Mir's striking against Big Nog was incredible ... I was completely dumbfounded. I believe his striking is more crisper that Lesnar's. Sure Brock Lesnar is an extremely good wrestler ... and he's big ... and he's fast ... But I believe that Mir could put him away. The question is what will happen if the fight goes into the fourth and fifth round? Which fighter will be the first to gas? But either way ... I see Mir being on top ...
Mir by submission or TKO in rd 3

GSP > Alves
GSP is the best welterweight in the world. He's wrestling is the best in MMA (even though he never wrestled), his striking is crisp, and his cardio is second to none. Thiago Alves has been improving his game. He beat some tough guys to get where he is now (Parisyan, Hughes, Koscheck). But I do not believe that he will be the one to beat GSP. But my prodiction: this will be like GSP/Fitch.
GSP by unanimous decision

Henderson > Bisping
Dan Henderson is probably one of the most dangerous middleweight in MMA. He has great cardio, Olympic-grade wrestling, and solid boxing. Michael Bisping has had problems with wrestler before. If Dan Henderson push the pace, he will win. But I am not counting out Michael Bisping.
Henderson by split decision

Fitch > Thiago
This one is interesting, because Paulo Thiago beat Fitch's teammate, Josh Koscheck. I believe that AKA has put a hit on Thiago and Fitch is the one to deliever. I think that Fitch will beat Thiago up just to prove a point ...
Fitch by unanimous decision

Akiyama > Belcher
This is a step up in competition for Belcher. Akiyama is a veteran of the game, fighting the likes of Sakuraba, Misaki, and Kang. He is also one of the better judoka to enter MMA. As for Belcher, who will show up. When he is on, he is a beast, but we have seen him when he is off.
Akiyama by submission in rd 2

Well there are my predicitions.
Theres already a topic for this I thought?
APinoySuperHero
Theres already a topic for this I thought?

I know but I just wanted other people to see on this thread ...
I agree with baka_boy ... Mir has gotten much better with his striking ... Lesnar is a bit more basic with his ... but his wrestling is top notch ... as for the rest of the fights on the card, the one that interests me the most is MArk Coleman v Stephan Bonnar (go Bonnar!!!) ... that one will be good ...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff