Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's an alternative sport...
Any "Real" sport requires use of a ball or object which is used to score points if you get it in a certain area of the playing field/court.
Alternative sports require the use of human judgement to gain points for aesthetic appeal/complexity/difficulty, such as skiing aerials, gymnastics, cheerleading, synchronized swimming, dance, etc.
It is 100000% a sport, but it's a different kind of sport. Much more difficult and complex than a sport that simply requires you to put a ball in a basket. They require you to think hard about what you're doing, making sure your arms are perfectly straight, that you're jumping at the right times. Timing with other stunt groups is key, making sure you're in the right place at the right time on the mat and that you're sticking the exact stunt you need to be to make that sequence look good. We are cheerleaders, so we need to look like we're having a good time! Ridiculous facials and a crazy hyphy attitude are a must for everyone on the mat. One girl looks sloppy and bored, the whole routine loses points. Nobody would even watch us if we didn't look like we were loving what we were doing, which we do! Also, there are regulations on the uniforms we wear. No cleavage, we wear shorts underneath our skirts, no spaghetti straps. We're not trying to be skanky, we are wearing traditional outfits that are very easy to move around in. Some teams have even started wearing t-shirts and shorts. We're trying to pull away from the typical "rah-rah-rah" blonde ditzy cheerleader stereotype, and move into a more professional, competitive sport-like image because we all love what we do, and nobody is going to tell us that all we do is "dance like 3 year olds with cleavage". I find it very rude for anybody to talk s**t like that when they know nothing about what they're talking about.
Duffy1229
Doesn't cheerleading just mean wearing a short skirt and flirting with people?

That's absolutely pathetic. I'm not even gonna try to justify such a difficult sport, since your ignorant, close-minded mind wouldn't even be able to comprehend it.
ummmmmmmmmmm i think cheerleading is a sport

4,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
sportychickcm11
no it isn't a sport it is something people do if they aren't skilled enough to play a real sport

Obviously you have never tried it so you know nothing about it.

4,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
xLight_YagamixXx
its not sports a sport is trying to win or lose are giting points

Ya it is you earn points to get first place which is winning, and if you don't get first you... you pretty much lose.

4,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
xLight_YagamixXx
ceer leding is like danceing and daceing is not a sport

DANCING IS SO A SPORT!!!!!! And cheerleading is too!!!

4,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
MakeMe -Vertigo-
DarkXRoxas
ceer leding is like danceing and daceing is not a sport

haha ppl like this make me laff.
1. dance is a sport
2. cheer is a sport.
3. you get points in cheer, and the pom team, that how you figure out who wins.
4. if youre gonna criticize, maybe try educating yourself a bit first. mrgreen omg

If it makes you laugh, then you don't know anything about it and should shut up...
That makes really good point because you don't see football players capable of doing that flip thingy you just said wink

iStunt
cheerleading is defitnetly a sport

you dont see boys doing roundoff backhandspring back full twisting layouts do you?
That makes really good point because you don't see football players capable of doing that flip thingy you just said wink

iStunt
cheerleading is defitnetly a sport

you dont see boys doing roundoff backhandspring back full twisting layouts do you?
People say that it is because you can compete but I dont think so...its like, hyped up gymnastics
hattiexplosio
People say that it is because you can compete but I dont think so...its like, hyped up gymnastics

Not true. If gymnastics is a sport, then so is cheer by a mile. We incorporate the tumbling part of gymnastics plus dance motions and we do stunts.
Cheerleading is defintely a sport! It not only includes dancing, but gymnastics. Making it so much harder than basketball, football and any other sport like that. You can not be out of shape when you are a cheerleader. You also gotta pay attention to what you are doing espically when your doing a stunt that can involved breaking a bone (or some) if not performed right.

Find it kinda funny that entertainment sports are like this. They seem to be a bit more difficult than regular sports.

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
it's not a sport. i call cheerleaders whoreleaders. razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items