Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who is your favorite Actor in the Movie?

Cary Elwes as Westley 0.33977055449331 34.0% [ 1777 ]
Mandy Patakin as Inigo Montoya 0.22198852772467 22.2% [ 1161 ]
Chris Sarandon as Prince Humperdink 0.034416826003824 3.4% [ 180 ]
Christopher Guest as Count Tyrone Rugen 0.021988527724665 2.2% [ 115 ]
Wallace Shawn as Vizzini 0.044741873804971 4.5% [ 234 ]
Andre the Giant as Fezzik 0.091204588910134 9.1% [ 477 ]
Robin Wright as Princess Buttercup 0.067112810707457 6.7% [ 351 ]
Billy Crystal as Miracle Max 0.080497131931166 8.0% [ 421 ]
Carol Kane as Valerie 0.026003824091778 2.6% [ 136 ]
Peter Cook as The Impresive Clergyman 0.072275334608031 7.2% [ 378 ]
Total Votes:[ 5230 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 388 389 390 > >> >>> »|

User Image
TADA!
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN UP FOR SIX YEARS!

I have always loved this movie, as well often read the book which it is based on. I haven't seen a Princess Bride Thread on here so I decided to Make my own thread based on the Film. post your Favorite Quotes here, don't worry if someone already posted your favorite Quote, post it again!

For those of you who want to read the Original Book, The Princess Bride. The Author is "William Goldman". In the book he makes a reference about condensing this book form the story of "S. Morganstein", but it's a joke, there never was an S. Morganstein. And anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it. And fallen for Goldman's joke 100%. Concerning the 'sequel', Buttercup's Baby. It doesn't exist. He wrote one chapter and left it as is. Part of his cruel joke.

This movie has been on VH1's "Movies that Rock!" as well as "I love the 80's Strike's Back!" And was named the American Movie Classics Channel's Movie of the Month for May 2006. It has also been played on Bravo, and Comedy Central.

There were several references to this movie in the Classic Comedy Central/SciFi Channel Show. Mystery Science Theater 3000. As well as an Episode of NCIS

User Image

MOVIE CLIPS!!
Fezzik and Inigo Ryming Scene (anybody want a peanut?)

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya...

The Impressive Clergyman

The Battle of Wits

Lord_Ragnar
From the book Ghost, By John Ringo

"Who, Who are you?" Ashley stammered. "Whats your name?"
"Look killing makes me really horny", Mike said, tightly."So do tied-up half-naked, damned good-looking blonds. And if you really must know, it's the Dread Pirate Roberts."
"What?" Ashley said, pulling her ankles up to her as soon as they were free and rubbing at the marks from the strips.
"Haven't you ever seen The Princess Bride?" Mike asked, aghast.
"No?"
"Good lord. woman." He stood up shaking his head, and headed for the door."Rent it. You owe me."

A Princess Bride Tribute, Princess Bride with STAR WARS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx6BWz2nMJk

tangorine

This forum is epic.
If Anyone wants to know more about the Actors in the film please click on the link at the bottom of this post! It has the complete Cast list, which from you can click on the name of the Actor to go to his FIlmography and see what other Films you can See (in the case of Voice acting, hear) them in! You'd be suprised to know some of the films these actors have been in!

Here Are Some excellent Examples!
Cary Elwes (Westley) was in "Days of Thunder", "Bram Stoker's Dracula" "Twister" and "Robin Hood: Men in Tights!"

Mandy Patinkin (Inigo Montoya) was in "d**k Tracy" and is Currentlly Starring the hit CBS Series "Criminal Minds", and in those 'Crestor' Comercials.

Chris Sarandon (Prince Humperdink) was in "Frankenstein" and Voiced Jack Skellington in both "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" and the Video Game "Kingdom Hearts"

Christopher Guest (Count Rugen) was in "A Mighty Wind" "Small Soldiers" "Little Shop of Horrors" and "This is Spinal Tap"

Robin Wright (Buttercup) was in "State of Grace" "Toys" and "Forrest Gump"

There is more so if your intrested take a look!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/fullcredits
Here is the Link! Enjoy and Dont forget to post!
IN a recent Survey...they Looked for the Top Ten Films to watch with your Loved one, and The Princess Bride was Number Three on the List!!

I dont remember all that was on the List, but NUmber one was Casablanca, and the last three on the list, numbers Eight, nine, and Ten were ROmeo and Juliet, West Side Story, and GOne with the Wind.
WANT TO LINK TO THIS PAGE IN YOUR SIGNATURE?!

I dotn mind at all! In fact! I've made some Promo pictures using Tektek! Feel free to save them to your Phpbucket accounts and Use Gaia's Simple Linking INstructions! More might bbe comming soon!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

A Quiz! WHich Princess Bride Char are you?Take the Quiz to post your results in your profile or singature, post it in the thread if you wish, but if you do, dont post the whoel thing, it doens't seem to Work! So please, jsut he text or the image. Be happy, dont complain ok? thats MY perogative!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This movie so so good! It's been so long since I've seen it. It's so cute whee

Buttercup: We'll never survive.
Westley: Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has.

Miracle Max: Sonny, true love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is lean and the tomato is ripe
[smacks his lips]
Miracle Max: they're so perky, I love that

Inigo Montoya: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die. Now, offer me money.
[slices Count Rugen's cheek]
Count Rugen: Yes.
Inigo Montoya: Power too. Promise me that.
[slices Count Rugen's other cheek]
Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...
Inigo Montoya: Offer me everything I ask for.
Count Rugen: Any thing you want.
Inigo Montoya: I want my father back, you son of b***h.
[stabs and kills Count Rugan]
Dirk Edgewood
This movie so so good! It's been so long since I've seen it. It's so cute whee

Buttercup: We'll never survive.
Westley: Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has.

Miracle Max: Sonny, true love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is lean and the tomato is ripe
[smacks his lips]
Miracle Max: they're so perky, I love that
Inigo Montoya: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die. Now, offer me money.
[slices Count Rugen's cheek]
Count Rugen: Yes.
Inigo Montoya: Power too. Promise me that.
[slices Count Rugen's other cheek]
Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...
Inigo Montoya: Offer me everything I ask for.
Count Rugen: Any thing you want.
Inigo Montoya: I want my father back, you son of b***h.
[stabs and kills Count Rugan]
Hee hee, thanks for posting.
Yes! True love is the greatest thing in the world, except for a nice MLT...Mutton Lettece and Tomatoe....when the mutton is nice and lean...mm..it just melts...
my name is indigo montoya you killed my father prepare to die
I love Cary Elwes...shame he's not interested in my gender.

Dedicated Bookworm

8,475 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Lyra Rose
I love Cary Elwes...shame he's not interested in my gender.

Huh?

I was adicted to that movie years ago. I still watch it when it comes on TV. I'm actually looking for a copy of it.
my sister got me obsessed w/ this movie this year. i only voted Cary Elwes because he was extremely hot.....sorry......but i love the character indigo montoya, he was so honorable. well, me and my sis call the Princess Bride the american version of The Monty Pathon and the Holy Gral.......okay....i know....i killed it.....sorry.....i can say it.....i'm just a horrible speller................... crying SRY!
chezitfan

what the hell are u talking about
domokun
chocolate_icecream
chezitfan

what the hell are u talking about
domokun

It's a quote from the movie!! duh... stare
That movie is such a classic! I've been meaning to read the book for a while... biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff