Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think the Star Trek movie coming out in 2012 will be good?

Yes! 0.39493136219641 39.5% [ 374 ]
No! 0.11615628299894 11.6% [ 110 ]
It depends! 0.3051742344245 30.5% [ 289 ]
Were all gonna die so it doesn't matter. 0.18373812038015 18.4% [ 174 ]
Total Votes:[ 947 ]

Leorio25
De Kelley III
Leorio25
De Kelley III
Leorio25
De Kelley III
Kirk's meddling did not cause devastation, according to Starfleet record. McCoy caused the devastation of a planet before he joined the Enterprise, though. xd It was an accident, of course.

Where does one find this starfleet record?
Watching the entire franchise and reading all of the material gives you the most complete known elements of Starfleet's record. Kirk's record is fairly complete in the entire franchise but you cannot find it in a single document. No fan has yet constructed that data..

Your're talking about Star Trek Memory Alpha, right? Anything else is non-cannon.
Memory Alpha isn't even 100% complete. Memory Alpha is NOT the only Star Trek source; for instance, not all sources are online. A lot of CANON data is not on there yet. There also exists Memory Beta, for non-canon, official Star Trek material, such as the novels.

So we are debating with non-cannon material? I wan't going to count Memory Beta.
I was unaware that we were debating.

5,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Leorio25
Picard's violated the prime directive plenty of times. Besides, how do you know that society was fine after Kirk's meddling? Millions could have died (although, I think that was Roddenberry's point. It is better to not let machines fight humanity's war).

Which is a testament to the terribly lack of consistency with the show's writers. You really shouldn't have a character violate a major rule like the Prime Directive and then turn around and become a hard-line adherent to it.

I didn't say I knew everything was fine, but it's a logical assumption. The two societies engaged in that bizarre, artificial war because both were afraid of the massive casualties and damages a real war would have caused. It is highly doubtful that two civilizations that have built and lived out such a ritualized procedure to avoid outright devastation would immediately begin a "hot" war that would result in that which they most feared.
Violating the Prime Directive is what made things interesting, leaving us always wondering if Kirk was ever going to get in serious trouble for it. Now that the show is old, and everyone knows how Kirk's story ends, it's not so exciting, but when there weren't spoilers everywhere, it was exciting.

Kirk's violation of the Prime Directive did start wars, though. And apparently it ended wars, too.

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
To Mutant Headcrab: One could argue that the lack of consistency is really a case-by-case basis or a testimate to the fact that people change (or a testimate to lazy writers! ha!).

To DeKelley III: That's why I find the the 2009 Star Trek Movie so interesting. With this new timeline, anything could happen!

Questionable Borg

De Kelley III
Leorio25
De Kelley III
Leorio25
De Kelley III
Watching the entire franchise and reading all of the material gives you the most complete known elements of Starfleet's record. Kirk's record is fairly complete in the entire franchise but you cannot find it in a single document. No fan has yet constructed that data..

Your're talking about Star Trek Memory Alpha, right? Anything else is non-cannon.
Memory Alpha isn't even 100% complete. Memory Alpha is NOT the only Star Trek source; for instance, not all sources are online. A lot of CANON data is not on there yet. There also exists Memory Beta, for non-canon, official Star Trek material, such as the novels.

So we are debating with non-cannon material? I wan't going to count Memory Beta.
Isn't that what you do on forums? LOL
Leorio25
To Mutant Headcrab: One could argue that the lack of consistency is really a case-by-case basis or a testimate to the fact that people change (or a testimate to lazy writers! ha!).

To DeKelley III: That's why I find the the 2009 Star Trek Movie so interesting. With this new timeline, anything could happen!
Not to mention everyone is effin' sexy in the new movie. LOL.
Mayor Gravity
De Kelley III
Leorio25
De Kelley III
Leorio25
De Kelley III

Not always. sad I like to chit-chat.

Questionable Borg

De Kelley III
Mayor Gravity
De Kelley III
Leorio25
De Kelley III

Not always. sad I like to chit-chat.
Lol yeah me too, but debates are fun too.

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
De Kelley III
Leorio25

Agreed!
User Image

5,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Leorio25
De Kelley III
Leorio25

Agreed!
User Image

At least they managed to pull off sexy characters right. Enterprise's idea of sexy characters was showcasing T'Pol's rack as often as possible! exclaim
Leorio25
De Kelley III
Leorio25

Agreed!
User Image

I'll take Urban, Pine and Quinto please~
Vulcan Lover
Leorio25
De Kelley III
Leorio25

Agreed!
User Image

not if I take Urban first.....
iFinland
Vulcan Lover
Leorio25
De Kelley III
Leorio25

Agreed!
User Image

Neeeeever.
Vulcan Lover
iFinland
Vulcan Lover
Leorio25
De Kelley III
Leorio25

Agreed!
User Image

Neeeeever.

Oh no you don't

User Image

Rae x Rae's Wife

Bashful Shapeshifter

iFinland
Vulcan Lover
iFinland