Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whose team would you rather be on?

Iron Man 0.54133333333333 54.1% [ 203 ]
Captain America 0.45866666666667 45.9% [ 172 ]
Total Votes:[ 375 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 59 60 61 > >>

Some casting decisions have been made for Avengers: Age of Ultron! Thomas Kretschmann has been cast as villain Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. James Spader will be playing Ultron and Elizabeth Olsen will be playing Scarlet Witch.

Also Michael Douglas has been cast as Hank Pym in Ant-Man. Paul Rudd will be playing Scott Lang/Ant-Man.

Rumor has it that they are looking to Johnny Depp to play Doctor Strange. This could be ok as long as he doesn't try to "quirky" the character too much.
I just watched all of the Marvel One Shots. I think Agent Carter was my favorite.
We have just reached 200 votes in the poll and Iron Man is way in the lead!

Advanced Husband

7,500 Points
  • Married 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
ADASDFAf stressed stressed 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
(finally a Marvel thread, I've been looking about this for a long time)
1. The rumor about Johnny Depp being the Supreme Burrito is false: he's going to be busy filming the new Pirates movie and Alice in Wonderland 2 to do it
2. Currently the man whose on Stephen's plate is Jon Hamm. Until somebody important actually says confirms it (such as marvel themselves), it's just a rumor. And there only one major reason that they are trying to cast Stephen so early: he's going to appear on Agents of SHIELD before his accident.
3. Lady Sif will guest star on Agents of SHIELD in the future.
4. Avengers: Age of Ultron filming starts soon.
5. There is talk of an Agent Carter series.
Ant-Man has been given a release date. It will be released in theaters July 17, 2015. wink
I'm still wondering what they'll do with Wanda when they can't mention mutants or Magneto.
Profane Creation
I'm still wondering what they'll do with Wanda when they can't mention mutants or Magneto.

Not even Quicksilver can be mentioned. It will be interesting.
The Bijoux
Profane Creation

Actually he can be mentioned. Because he's going to be in the film.

It's an interesting legal situation where both the X-Men films and the Avengers films are allowed to use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, because both characters are so firmly a part of both franchises. They checked, too, on both sides.

As far as I know Scarlet Witch is only showing up in the new Avengers film, but Quicksilver is going to be in both X-Men: Days of Future Past AND Avengers: Age of Ultron. He will simply be played by two different actors.

The catch is, the X-Men films, they cannot reference anything to do with the Avengers, and in the Avengers films, they cannot reference anything to do with mutants or Magneto or the X-Men.
Captain Talavar
The Bijoux
Profane Creation

Actually he can be mentioned. Because he's going to be in the film.

It's an interesting legal situation where both the X-Men films and the Avengers films are allowed to use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, because both characters are so firmly a part of both franchises. They checked, too, on both sides.

As far as I know Scarlet Witch is only showing up in the new Avengers film, but Quicksilver is going to be in both X-Men: Days of Future Past AND Avengers: Age of Ultron. He will simply be played by two different actors.

The catch is, the X-Men films, they cannot reference anything to do with the Avengers, and in the Avengers films, they cannot reference anything to do with mutants or Magneto or the X-Men.

Ohhhh. That's interesting that they can use the character in both franchises. I guess they can describe Magneto and just can't use his name. Too bad they can't get Spidey in on the Avengers though.

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
The Bijoux
Profane Creation

since they can't mention "mutants," in the Disney MCU, Wanda will probably be magic based and Pietro will have probably science based.

Also, Lady Sif is bringing a friend from Asgard in the next episode of Agents of SHIELD, Lorelei.

And Michael Peterson (who we all thought was Luke Cage) is actually being turned into Deathlok.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
I'm waiting for the day where this gets so big that most fans can't follow anything.
Mitsuki Horenake
I'm waiting for the day where this gets so big that most fans can't follow anything.

I don't think it will ever get that out of hand. They only release a couple of movies a year. But I am excited to see how expansive the MCU gets.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
The Bijoux
Mitsuki Horenake

I don't think it will ever get that out of hand. They only release a couple of movies a year. But I am excited to see how expansive the MCU gets.

It feels like it might end up too big later in the future, with all the small shorts coming out between the other movies, but I think the people that are in charge of it now might make some weird mistake that drives the whole thing nuts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff