Welcome to Gaia! ::

i liked it a lot, already saw it twice. x)

(once at midnight, second time earlier today with some friends who could not make it to the midnight show.)

might even see it once or twice more in theaters to tag along with other friends, haha.
SakuraSyaoran

1. I don't plan on seeing the movie in theaters. I'm not wasting my money.

2. He is freaking angry. You haven't seen a lot a previews have you? (or read any of the info pages about the movie, checked any leaked info or etc?)

3. He's freaking emo and annoyingly dark now. (Like Christopher Nolan Batman, dark) I don't want him 60s batman happy. He is just supposed to have normal teen angst (mixed in with the issues of being a superhero. His normal superhero angst where the protection of New York rests on his shoulders. Even though it really doesn't cause all of Marvel's heroes live in New York, but we will never see hints of them because Sony has the rights to Spiderman.)

4. Every 90s kid and older knows that. Just go ask someone. It's just the younger folk who don't know. (So sad.)

5. Yeah, Capt does have something to do with it. He's not gonna be in the movie or mentioned. Cause Sony owns it. I'm saying that in the original story, his parent's assisted in the government's attempt to make a 2nd super-human. (After the Capt) They sort of mentioned it a little in the 90s Spider-man but not all of it. They were spies who were sent to spy on red skull but were discovered and then assassinated. (Yes the plane being bombed.)

6. I'm not saying he is not curious about his parents. I'm just saying it's a little early in his super hero career to be focusing on discovering the truth about them. The reboot throws him back in high school, so I feel like he should still be focusing on how to handle being a hero and a teen. He can't really go on a big search to discover the truth about his parents. You know travel across the world to track down and get the proof to prove they weren't traitors. Which is another thing I don't like. Is he going to magically find out all the proof he needs in New York? He's in highschool! He can't travel around the world to find out what he needs to know. (It would be kinda weird if there happened to be trip Europe offered at his school. Or if his job at the Daily Bugal required him to go on a trip to Europe to take pictures specifically)

7. You forgot that during that whole "love" he had for Gwen, he was still confused about it with his love for MJ. I know she was his first crush, but it seemed more like she was the girl he was clinging to while still testing the waters with MJ. Then after her father was killed, he felt like he had to follow with the promise he made to her father. To stay with her and look after her and junk. I felt like after she left for a while he grew to actually fall in love with MJ even more, though during those times he had thoughts of Gwen. Then when she came back he went back to clinging to her again. I didn't like how he hinted at marriage to her even though he wasn't sure who he was love with more, MJ or Gwen. (Black Cat/Felisha was all lust so she doesn't count...even though she is totally badass. And at some point I wanted him to end up with her cause she was so badass.) When Gwen died I felt horrible! I didn't want her die! I just wanted her to be with someone else. Was sort of hoping she'd go with Flash. (She really did have a tiny crush on him at a point in time)Her getting killed was necessary. I was sick of him going back in forth between the girls.

8. You didn't know that the Lizard was going to be in the movie or something? Cause he is, and he looks terrible. They tried so hard to make him look less like a cartoon that they made him look crappy.

9. Yes, the 1st movie was the closest to the comic. The Green Goblin was pretty good. They couldn't exactly go with the wonderful classic Green Goblin costume. They probably didn't know how to make it look awesome but not too cartoonish at the time. As for Peter's organic webbing, actually I felt that was interesting. It made you think, since he has spider powers, why can't webbing be one of them? He genetically gets all the powers of a spider except for that one. Why should he have to make his own webbing? I was sort of disappointed b/c it took away what made him not just a hero but a genius of as well. What kind of kid can make their own super strong spider webbing from a few chemicals and build his own webslinger? As for Gwen.... I'm gonna say this, no one cared about Gwen for the movie. I'm guessing that the only one everyone rather focus on was MJ. She's the one who he'll end up with so why bring in Gwen? I felt she should have been in their but where would they put her, would she be in those few scenes of his highschool days? They could have at least put her in the 2nd movie but they didn't. As for the 3rd movie, I didn't like it very much. The only thing I liked about the movie was Venom.

Look I'm a hardcore Marvel Comics fan. (Especially since DC keeps pissing me off time and time again for the past few years!) And since Marvel isn't behind this movie, I feet like it's going to be a screw up. I feel like Marvel could have done it a whole lot better. (Cause it's Marvel and with Disney backing it up, the movie would be pleasing to all fans: correct facts from the comic, effects, jokes, actions, perfect amount of drama and the right friggen "COSTUME" wink

1. Then your opinion shall remain invalid until you do see it. An opinion is only as valid as it is informed.

2. I've seen all of them. Not angry.

3. No he's not. You're still making s**t up. If you really think the movie is about as dark as The Dark Knight then you reeeeeaaally need to watch that one again.

4. Even that isn't necessarily true. Not every 90s kid watched every episode of Spider-Man.

5. He's involved in the COMICS, sure, but this is not the comics, so bringing him up is irrelevant. He has nothing to do with this movie.

6. It would seem to me that if he gets his powers from a place where a guy who worked with his parents is currently working, that'd be one of the first things he'd want to investigate. And what makes you think that the whole "spy" thing is even part of it? Chances are they're just going with something a little closer to Ultimate Spider-Man (which is an acknowledged source of inspiration for this film) where they're just biologists. Minus the bit with Captain America and the Hulk and stuff.

7. If anything MJ was the crush and Gwen was the true love. Until after Gwen died, anyway, but that's fairly common knowledge.

8. Of course I knew he was going to be in it. My point is he doesn't look terrible. He looks like Steve Ditko's version of him. Just because he doesn't have a pronounced lizard snout doesn't mean he looks nothing like the Lizard, and heck, for all we know he could end up like that at the end anyway. But yeah, he doesn't look awful. He looks more like the Lizard than Green Goblin looked like Green Goblin. And yeah, he does sport the classic lab coat look by the way.

9. Alex Ross had the right idea if his concept art is anything to go by. Green Goblin obviously needed some work in the design department, but a power ranger was not the way to go. At all. As for Gwen, easy: put her where MJ was and move MJ to the sidelines. MJ is the red herring crush, and Gwen is the real love interest. Then kill Gwen in the second one and move MJ to the forefront. Of course, my idea for that is based on the notion that they don't completely botch the third movie and have to reboot later.

The point is, from the looks of it, this movie is closer to the comics than those were. This imagined Dark Knight-like tone, and this idea that the Lizard doesn't look like the LIzard, and this imaginary "angry Peter" you're seeing, it's all bunk. As for accuracy to the comics, I don't see how you can forgive the old movies for all their inaccuracies, and yet you hate on this one for inaccuracies you don't even know exist yet, not to mention the ones you flat out made up. I'm a comics fan too, and I'm sorry, but you're not making a whole lot of sense.

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Samuel Grant
SakuraSyaoran
Short Change Hero
SakuraSyaoran
Short Change Hero
I just got back from The Avengers. Figured I'd go for the matinee fee of $6. I thought Marvel was just gonna screw this up like all of their other movies, especially with so many characters involved, but this movie is amazing.. you gotta go see it. mrgreen

You didn't like Iron Man 1/2, Thor, Captain America or the Hulk( not Hulk 1. That one sucked! Hulk 2 decent)? I thought those moves were amazing! Especially Thor!
o.o; Eh.. I guess Iron Man was alright. Thor got a little corny when he came to Earth.. I didn't like Iron Man 2 at all.. o.o; Captain America.. the guy just looked so weird and unbelievable in that little body..

Thor was funny when got to earth. Just imagine you were a sexy demi god who got to earth and had no clue what to do. xd (Also they way he tried to get his hammer back and found out he couldn't lift it was so emotional.) Iron Man 2 was great to me cause we finally got War Machine! (All we need is Pepper to finally become Spider-woman and then everything will be awesome. ) And Capt, well it showed that even when he had that little body he still had a hero's heart. He just needed a hero's body to match it. It also showed how much of a "change" he went through to become the sexy hero that we all know and love.

care to explain that? confused

In the old 90s/80s cartoon of Iron Man, for some random reason, they made Julia Carpenter Toney's Vice President and have red hair. As a child I confused her with Pepper Pots and thought Pepper was Spider Woman. I still don't understand why but they made Julia VP, and why the heck did she have red-hair! And it didn't help that there were like 3 or 4 spider women around!) (Then when Tony married Julia I thought for sure she was Pepper!) (I was so confused!) After a while I kind of liked Pepper as spider woman. She could be super strong and stand along side Iron man. Though in the original comics Pepper just ends up with her own Iron Suit. Basically it looked like Iron Man's suit but with boobs. (It's sort of a little child hood dream of mine that Pepper be spider woman. xd )

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
SakuraSyaoran
Samuel Grant
SakuraSyaoran
Short Change Hero
SakuraSyaoran
Short Change Hero
I just got back from The Avengers. Figured I'd go for the matinee fee of $6. I thought Marvel was just gonna screw this up like all of their other movies, especially with so many characters involved, but this movie is amazing.. you gotta go see it. mrgreen

You didn't like Iron Man 1/2, Thor, Captain America or the Hulk( not Hulk 1. That one sucked! Hulk 2 decent)? I thought those moves were amazing! Especially Thor!
o.o; Eh.. I guess Iron Man was alright. Thor got a little corny when he came to Earth.. I didn't like Iron Man 2 at all.. o.o; Captain America.. the guy just looked so weird and unbelievable in that little body..

Thor was funny when got to earth. Just imagine you were a sexy demi god who got to earth and had no clue what to do. xd (Also they way he tried to get his hammer back and found out he couldn't lift it was so emotional.) Iron Man 2 was great to me cause we finally got War Machine! (All we need is Pepper to finally become Spider-woman and then everything will be awesome. ) And Capt, well it showed that even when he had that little body he still had a hero's heart. He just needed a hero's body to match it. It also showed how much of a "change" he went through to become the sexy hero that we all know and love.

care to explain that? confused

In the old 90s/80s cartoon of Iron Man, for some random reason, they made Julia Carpenter Toney's Vice President and have red hair. As a child I confused her with Pepper Pots and thought Pepper was Spider Woman. I still don't understand why but they made Julia VP, and why the heck did she have red-hair! And it didn't help that there were like 3 or 4 spider women around!) (Then when Tony married Julia I thought for sure she was Pepper!) (I was so confused!) After a while I kind of liked Pepper as spider woman. She could be super strong and stand along side Iron man. Though in the original comics Pepper just ends up with her own Iron Suit. Basically it looked like Iron Man's suit but with boobs. (It's sort of a little child hood dream of mine that Pepper be spider woman. xd )

oh... well... that's explains it sweatdrop

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran

2. He is freaking angry. You haven't seen a lot a previews have you? (or read any of the info pages about the movie, checked any leaked info or etc?)

3. He's freaking emo and annoyingly dark now. (Like Christopher Nolan Batman, dark) I don't want him 60s batman happy. He is just supposed to have normal teen angst (mixed in with the issues of being a superhero. His normal superhero angst where the protection of New York rests on his shoulders. Even though it really doesn't cause all of Marvel's heroes live in New York, but we will never see hints of them because Sony has the rights to Spiderman.)

4. Every 90s kid and older knows that. Just go ask someone. It's just the younger folk who don't know. (So sad.)

5. Yeah, Capt does have something to do with it. He's not gonna be in the movie or mentioned. Cause Sony owns it. I'm saying that in the original story, his parent's assisted in the government's attempt to make a 2nd super-human. (After the Capt) They sort of mentioned it a little in the 90s Spider-man but not all of it. They were spies who were sent to spy on red skull but were discovered and then assassinated. (Yes the plane being bombed.)

6. I'm not saying he is not curious about his parents. I'm just saying it's a little early in his super hero career to be focusing on discovering the truth about them. The reboot throws him back in high school, so I feel like he should still be focusing on how to handle being a hero and a teen. He can't really go on a big search to discover the truth about his parents. You know travel across the world to track down and get the proof to prove they weren't traitors. Which is another thing I don't like. Is he going to magically find out all the proof he needs in New York? He's in highschool! He can't travel around the world to find out what he needs to know. (It would be kinda weird if there happened to be trip Europe offered at his school. Or if his job at the Daily Bugal required him to go on a trip to Europe to take pictures specifically)

7. You forgot that during that whole "love" he had for Gwen, he was still confused about it with his love for MJ. I know she was his first crush, but it seemed more like she was the girl he was clinging to while still testing the waters with MJ. Then after her father was killed, he felt like he had to follow with the promise he made to her father. To stay with her and look after her and junk. I felt like after she left for a while he grew to actually fall in love with MJ even more, though during those times he had thoughts of Gwen. Then when she came back he went back to clinging to her again. I didn't like how he hinted at marriage to her even though he wasn't sure who he was love with more, MJ or Gwen. (Black Cat/Felisha was all lust so she doesn't count...even though she is totally badass. And at some point I wanted him to end up with her cause she was so badass.) When Gwen died I felt horrible! I didn't want her die! I just wanted her to be with someone else. Was sort of hoping she'd go with Flash. (She really did have a tiny crush on him at a point in time)Her getting killed was necessary. I was sick of him going back in forth between the girls.

8. You didn't know that the Lizard was going to be in the movie or something? Cause he is, and he looks terrible. They tried so hard to make him look less like a cartoon that they made him look crappy.

9. Yes, the 1st movie was the closest to the comic. The Green Goblin was pretty good. They couldn't exactly go with the wonderful classic Green Goblin costume. They probably didn't know how to make it look awesome but not too cartoonish at the time. As for Peter's organic webbing, actually I felt that was interesting. It made you think, since he has spider powers, why can't webbing be one of them? He genetically gets all the powers of a spider except for that one. Why should he have to make his own webbing? I was sort of disappointed b/c it took away what made him not just a hero but a genius of as well. What kind of kid can make their own super strong spider webbing from a few chemicals and build his own webslinger? As for Gwen.... I'm gonna say this, no one cared about Gwen for the movie. I'm guessing that the only one everyone rather focus on was MJ. She's the one who he'll end up with so why bring in Gwen? I felt she should have been in their but where would they put her, would she be in those few scenes of his highschool days? They could have at least put her in the 2nd movie but they didn't. As for the 3rd movie, I didn't like it very much. The only thing I liked about the movie was Venom.

Look I'm a hardcore Marvel Comics fan. (Especially since DC keeps pissing me off time and time again for the past few years!) And since Marvel isn't behind this movie, I feet like it's going to be a screw up. I feel like Marvel could have done it a whole lot better. (Cause it's Marvel and with Disney backing it up, the movie would be pleasing to all fans: correct facts from the comic, effects, jokes, actions, perfect amount of drama and the right friggen "COSTUME" wink

1. Then your opinion shall remain invalid until you do see it. An opinion is only as valid as it is informed.

3. No he's not. You're still making s**t up. If you really think the movie is about as dark as The Dark Knight then you reeeeeaaally need to watch that one again.

4. Even that isn't necessarily true. Not every 90s kid watched every episode of Spider-Man.

5. He's involved in the COMICS, sure, but this is not the comics, so bringing him up is irrelevant. He has nothing to do with this movie.

6. It would seem to me that if he gets his powers from a place where a guy who worked with his parents is currently working, that'd be one of the first things he'd want to investigate. And what makes you think that the whole "spy" thing is even part of it? Chances are they're just going with something a little closer to Ultimate Spider-Man (which is an acknowledged source of inspiration for this film) where they're just biologists. Minus the bit with Captain America and the Hulk and stuff.

7. If anything MJ was the crush and Gwen was the true love. Until after Gwen died, anyway, but that's fairly common knowledge.

8. Of course I knew he was going to be in it. My point is he doesn't look terrible. He looks like Steve Ditko's version of him. Just because he doesn't have a pronounced lizard snout doesn't mean he looks nothing like the Lizard, and heck, for all we know he could end up like that at the end anyway. But yeah, he doesn't look awful. He looks more like the Lizard than Green Goblin looked like Green Goblin. And yeah, he does sport the classic lab coat look by the way.

9. Alex Ross had the right idea if his concept art is anything to go by. Green Goblin obviously needed some work in the design department, but a power ranger was not the way to go. At all. As for Gwen, easy: put her where MJ was and move MJ to the sidelines. MJ is the red herring crush, and Gwen is the real love interest. Then kill Gwen in the second one and move MJ to the forefront. Of course, my idea for that is based on the notion that they don't completely botch the third movie and have to reboot later.

The point is, from the looks of it, this movie is closer to the comics than those were. This imagined Dark Knight-like tone, and this idea that the Lizard doesn't look like the LIzard, and this imaginary "angry Peter" you're seeing, it's all bunk. As for accuracy to the comics, I don't see how you can forgive the old movies for all their inaccuracies, and yet you hate on this one for inaccuracies you don't even know exist yet, not to mention the ones you flat out made up. I'm a comics fan too, and I'm sorry, but you're not making a whole lot of sense.

Look I'm going to forgive all the old movies b/c that was when Marvel movies were just coming out. Now days they come out all the time! They should be perfect by now! This movie is going to be one big train crash. People are going to be left in awe about all the effects, forgetting all about the facts from the comics. Once you see the movie, the very next day your going to be left thinking...wth? They didn't do one damn thing right.
SakuraSyaoran
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran

Look I'm going to forgive all the old movies b/c that was when Marvel movies were just coming out. Now days they come out all the time! They should be perfect by now! This movie is going to be one big train crash. People are going to be left in awe about all the effects, forgetting all about the facts from the comics. Once you see the movie, the very next day your going to be left thinking...wth? They didn't do one damn thing right.

Yeah. They come out all the time. But the point is, this new movie is doing more right than the old ones did. You have this idea that it's not, but it is. The Lizard looks like The Lizard. Peter isn't all angry and emo. The tone is nowhere near as dark as TDK. Gwen was always the first true love in Peter's life. You're perceiving inaccuracies that aren't there.

And uh, how come you're forgiving The Avengers for its inaccuracies? After all, the Chitauri, Loki, and the search for the Tesseract all come from three separate origin stories that have been molded together, not to mention the fella in the first post-credits scene. I hate to break it to you, but pretty much every single comic book movie is going to take liberties with the source material. And really it's a moot point, because again, the liberties you think are being taken aren't true.

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran

Yeah. They come out all the time. But the point is, this new movie is doing more right than the old ones did. You have this idea that it's not, but it is. The Lizard looks like The Lizard. Peter isn't all angry and emo. The tone is nowhere near as dark as TDK. Gwen was always the first true love in Peter's life. You're perceiving inaccuracies that aren't there.

And uh, how come you're forgiving The Avengers for its inaccuracies? After all, the Chitauri, Loki, and the search for the Tesseract all come from three separate origin stories that have been molded together, not to mention the fella in the first post-credits scene. I hate to break it to you, but pretty much every single comic book movie is going to take liberties with the source material. And really it's a moot point, because again, the liberties you think are being taken aren't true.
And exactly what is wrong with the Avengers? I was surprised and excited that they were bring in "THANOS" for the next Avengers. He's all powerful, and with his gauntlet, he's going to be pretty unstoppable. It makes you think, will they be bringing in other Marvel Heroes? Like Doctor Strange, Scarlet witch and hell even Silver Surfer if they can get the rights to the Fantastic Four by 2014! It's going to be amazing!

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
SakuraSyaoran
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran

And exactly what is wrong with the Avengers? I was surprised and excited that they were bring in "THANOS" for the next Avengers. He's all powerful, and with his gauntlet, he's going to be pretty unstoppable. It makes you think, will they be bringing in other Marvel Heroes? Like Doctor Strange, Scarlet witch and hell even Silver Surfer if they can get the rights to the Fantastic Four by 2014! It's going to be amazing!

unstoppable? hypothetically speaking, what if he and the Hulk were to fight each other.
don't ask me why they would feel the need to, this is just HYPOTHETICAL!!! rolleyes
SakuraSyaoran
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran

I already pointed out one. The origin for the team is inaccurate because it's a Frankensteinian combination of three different origins. I have no problem with it, but you ought to if you're making such a big deal about inaccuracies.

Scarlet Witch is apparently in a weird place where Fox can use her in the X-Men movies, but Marvel can use her in the Avengers movies. I think. That's one comment anyway.

And Fox is planning on rebooting Fantastic Four and Daredevil pretty soon, so fat chance of that.

Finally, you ought to give a spoiler alert before mentioning the T-Man. It may come as a surprise (and may not be true for very long) but not everyone has seen it yet.

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Samuel Grant
SakuraSyaoran
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran

unstoppable? hypothetically speaking, what if he and the Hulk were to fight each other.
don't ask me why they would feel the need to, this is just HYPOTHETICAL!!! rolleyes
So...Thanos having the ability to take control over the Hulk's mind and use him as a green meat puppet to attack the other Avengers means nothing to you? There is a reason he is called the Mad Titian. He will do anything to win and anything for his one love, "Death". If he dies, he'll keep coming back. If he gets sealed away, he'll keep coming back. The only reason the Hulk would ever remotely win against Thanos is because he would have help. Probably from the Guardians. Thanos could take down Galactus if he wanted to, and he has! He's a friggen genius master mind with knowledge about everything in the universe!

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
SakuraSyaoran
Samuel Grant
SakuraSyaoran
Captain Talavar
SakuraSyaoran

So...Thanos having the ability to take control over the Hulk's mind and use him as a green meat puppet to attack the other Avengers means nothing to you? There is a reason he is called the Mad Titian. He will do anything to win and anything for his one love, "Death". If he dies, he'll keep coming back. If he gets sealed away, he'll keep coming back. The only reason the Hulk would ever remotely win against Thanos is because he would have help. Probably from the Guardians. Thanos could take down Galactus if he wanted to, and he has! He's a friggen genius master mind with knowledge about everything in the universe!

wouldn't Hulk just break free from Thanos' control like he broke free of the Enchantress' spell in Hulk vs.?
also, i would loved to have seen Thanos take on Galactus in "fantastic 4: rise of the silver surfer".

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

wulf ninja warrior2
Prince Baldr
Spoiler Alert
I love Thanos.

if you're referring to my comment about spider man, it's just a rumor; can't confirm or deny it's reality.
No I was referring to Thanos, as you can see in white text on my original post.

Dapper Citizen

The movie was pretty epic, though I wonder how it would have played out if they had taken Thor's comic book weakness into account...
I know, I know, this was a movie, but still...

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Viscerotonic
The movie was pretty epic, though I wonder how it would have played out if they had taken Thor's comic book weakness into account...

weakness you say? what kind twisted

Dapper Citizen

Samuel Grant
Viscerotonic

weakness you say? what kind twisted

In the comics, if Thor lets go of his hammer for longer than 60 seconds, he loses his demi-god powers until he can get back to the hammer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff