Welcome to Gaia! ::

you know how movies, before they come out in theaters everyone is just like, "omfg that is gonna be the greatest movie ever! can't wait to see it!"

you go to the movies and watch it and i guess the big dark room with the giant screen makes it a great time and the movie is just awe inspiring.

and now the wait is on for it to come out on dvd so you can add this MASTERPIECE to your movie collection!

then you buy it and the first few times watching it, it's just as amazing as it was in theaters!

then life goes on and eventually it's just another movie. maybe you never stop liking it,

but
"omfg that is gonna be the greatest movie ever! can't wait to see it!"

turns into,

"oh yah i remember that movie. it's pretty good and/or it's alright i guess."

out of the movies you like which ones did not and possibly never will reach the bold above?
A movie that won't reach the boldness above?
Any twilight movie ever. But I don't like them so...

For me, megamind, I didn't like the idea, didn't like it in theatres either. But holy crap did I like it on bluray.... I don't really get why... but I just did.

Dark knight might not reach the same excitement at home as it did for the theatres for me. I love the movie, but the reactions of the movie-goers really sold it. The magic trick isn't as amazing when there aren't a hundred people simultaneously gasping when joker makes the pencil disappear.

One that did reach that for me? The Adventures of Tintin. Fuuu loved it so much, and loved it so much on bloo-ray too. If I remember correctly... There was only me and my friends watching that movie in theatres so XD It was a lot like the living room experience.

What about you?
Point Break.

Eloquent Streaker

The Lord of the Rings trilogy has lost none of it's appeal despite the number of times I've watched the movies. They're just that good.

Rainbow Unicorn

Wings of desire, doctor zhivago, the night of the iguana.

Frozen Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Addams Family Values.
It is just one of those movies I can watch over and over again and still enjoy it greatly.
Probably because it has the best villain dialogue ever. .."and you know what they got me? MALIBU BARBIE! [I had to kill them]"

I don't remember seeing it in the movies but I always beg my dad to rent it for me. Eventually they bought it on VHS and now I have a DVD and the special edition blue ray on of the movie. xd

Rainbow Admirer

Spirited Away. I could watch that movie forever.
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (The new one) and Repo! The Genetic Opera.

I'm surprised my DVD of Repo! The Genetic Opera hasn't broken as many times as I've watched it. lol.

Angelic Phantom

Cool Runnings. Seriously still epically awesome! (I have it on cassette...)

After that, hmm... V for Vendetta is still up there in my opinion.

And the Clue Movie is a fun watch every now and then.

Haha, three movies from three different decades!

Hallowed Hunter

Loads actually:

The Lord of the Rings
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
V for Vendetta
Serenity
Red Cliff
Gladiator
Braveheart
The Bourne Identity, Supremacy and
Ultimatum

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
-Lord of the Rings
-Pan's Labyrinth
-Almost Famous
-Spirited Away
-Battle Royale
-And when it comes out, The Hobbit.
Spirited Away
The Lion King and A Goofy movie have always had a special spot in my heart since I was a kid.

Other movies that aren't cartoons:
A Nightmare on Elm Street (Original)
The Exorcist
The Departed
Goodfellas
Fight Club
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Attack the Block
The Dark Knight
The Avengers (just saw it and it's EPIC!!!)

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Shiver`
Addams Family Values.
It is just one of those movies I can watch over and over again and still enjoy it greatly.
Probably because it has the best villain dialogue ever. .."and you know what they got me? MALIBU BARBIE! [I had to kill them]"

LOVED this movie!!!! I love all the scenes with Wednesday at summer camp.

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Rocky Horror Picture Show and The Labyrinth

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers