Welcome to Gaia! ::

FLUXNATION
Excision 4laugh Datsik

Ahh Will someone please help me understand this whole brostep term ? I hate when genres of music find it necessary to break down into sub genres. Metal or death metal. Dubstep or brostep. Shouldn't f***ing matter especially if your not making then damn music fools. How it sounds and what it means to you or how it makes you feel is what should matter. Its all art so stop complicating it let it just express itself.

We HAVE to categorize music because how is one to have a serious discussion about music when they're talking to people like you? I.E. People that do not give a ******** about music discussion.

Having these categories in place is sort of like a 'standard'. It's a means of having intellectual conversations with others who share similar interests. When everyone uses the same, correct terminology (genres) it is much more easier to have understanding and compatible conversations. Instead of sounding like the generic youtube commenter "STFU AND ENJOY THE MUSIC RAH RAH".

Don't be a dumb ********, instead: think these things through, you have to understand that there's more going on in music than just the sound. It's a complex area of study that's been developed over the course of human development.

Also I will NOT tell you what brostep is. IT'S ON THE ********.
Flux Pavillion> Skrillex

2,550 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
what about tephlon by Kelly dean and steady

Greedy Capitalist

thenytmare
what about tephlon by Kelly dean and steady

No.
menyth
FLUXNATION
Excision 4laugh Datsik

Ahh Will someone please help me understand this whole brostep term ? I hate when genres of music find it necessary to break down into sub genres. Metal or death metal. Dubstep or brostep. Shouldn't f***ing matter especially if your not making then damn music fools. How it sounds and what it means to you or how it makes you feel is what should matter. Its all art so stop complicating it let it just express itself.

We HAVE to categorize music because how is one to have a serious discussion about music when they're talking to people like you? I.E. People that do not give a ******** about music discussion.

Having these categories in place is sort of like a 'standard'. It's a means of having intellectual conversations with others who share similar interests. When everyone uses the same, correct terminology (genres) it is much more easier to have understanding and compatible conversations. Instead of sounding like the generic youtube commenter "STFU AND ENJOY THE MUSIC RAH RAH".

Don't be a dumb ********, instead: think these things through, you have to understand that there's more going on in music than just the sound. It's a complex area of study that's been developed over the course of human development.

Also I will NOT tell you what brostep is. IT'S ON THE ********.

Calm down there hun. To say i don't "give a ********" about music discussion is ignorant. I understand why there are subcategories however I find it frustrating when people are rude to those that post who their interested in and everyone attacks them on the forum for not posting in the right 'genre'. There are people that are new to the scene and rather than s**t on them it'd be great if people would relax a little and teach people the differences, just like I'm sure someone might have done for you. Just my opinion though ignore it if you want. Gotta love a purist thou right smile

Hunter

4,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Greedy Capitalist

FLUXNATION

Calm down there hun. To say i don't "give a ********" about music discussion is ignorant. I understand why there are subcategories however I find it frustrating when people are rude to those that post who their interested in and everyone attacks them on the forum for not posting in the right 'genre'. There are people that are new to the scene and rather than s**t on them it'd be great if people would relax a little and teach people the differences, just like I'm sure someone might have done for you. Just my opinion though ignore it if you want. Gotta love a purist thou right smile

We're sit of teaching people, damn it. Also, there is no scene to Dubstep itself.
And if you're here to post Flux, then just post it in the Brostep forum.
Let me put it in your terms.
Chill=Dubstep
crazy=brostep.
You know what to do.

3,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
thought id look at this thread for comical value and it delivers

above poster saying there isnt a dubstep scene, i guess this is typical of americans/canadians as they most likely dont actually have a scene over there - hence the creation of brostep, an offshoot of dubstep cashing in on the same crappy generic wobbles and industrial screeching that even skrillex doesnt call dubstep

seriously "bro"step?

sounds like something a 5 year old in a flat cap would make up

real dubstep and the scene was born and bred in London, UK

there is a scene, its just diluted and been poisoned by the American Hot Topic wearing youth - its the new screamo

Greedy Capitalist

SeriousWill

above poster saying there isnt a dubstep scene, i guess this is typical of americans/canadians as they most likely dont actually have a scene over there - hence the creation of brostep, an offshoot of dubstep cashing in on the same crappy generic wobbles and industrial screeching that even skrillex doesnt call dubstep

seriously "bro"step?

there is a scene, its just diluted and been poisoned by the American Hot Topic wearing youth - its the new screamo

You are such an idiot.
I know that Dubstep is a genre that was bred in the UK.
And it's funny, because you're European, yet you think that Dubstep is from London? Funny.
It's actually from Croydon, mate.
And that's the idea. No one is taking pride in the name. Brostep is a joke. Pull your head out of your a**.
Just listen, mate.

3,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Ace the Suicidal Tool
SeriousWill

seriously "bro"step?

You are such an idiot.
And it's funny, because you're European, yet you think that Dubstep is from London? Funny.
And that's the idea. No one is taking pride in the name. Brostep is a joke. Pull your head out of your a**.
Just listen, mate.
Croydon is 30 minutes from my home, its in the outskirts of London aka Greater London

therefore it is IN London, therefore Dubstep was born IN London

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=croydon&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x4875fe2a84421673:0xd574f25dc50c4945,Croydon,+Greater+London&gl=uk&ei=9x2qT-uKKIeg4gT5sNWtCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CFIQ8gEwAg

What a ******** idiot LOL
Can someone please explain to me what the appeal of this is? I really AM trying to give it a chance but I do not know what to look for. I listened to Skrillex and was like .......(crickets). Why does his music sound like transformers having sex? Please do not think that I am trying to insult this style of music, I just really do not understand its appeal.

Greedy Capitalist

SeriousWill

You are such an idiot.
Just listen, mate.
Croydon is 30 minutes from my home, its in the outskirts of London aka Greater London

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=croydon&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x4875fe2a84421673:0xd574f25dc50c4945,Croydon,+Greater+London&gl=uk&ei=9x2qT-uKKIeg4gT5sNWtCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CFIQ8gEwAg

Who cares where Croydon is? You're still wrong.
That's like saying, "Oh, Canada borders America, so Canada IS America U IDIOT".

3,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Ace the Suicidal Tool
SeriousWill

You are such an idiot.
Just listen, mate.

That's like saying, "Oh, Canada borders America, so Canada IS America U IDIOT".croydon is in london

canada is not in america

moron

Greedy Capitalist

SeriousWill

That's like saying, "Oh, Canada borders America, so Canada IS America U IDIOT".
croydon is in london

canada is not in america

moron
Oh my god.
No s**t! I live in America. I was being hypothetical. Goodness, what the hell are you snorting? Valve oil?

Super Gekko

First is liquidy. Second, not so much.
Sorry if these don't actually sound good. Right now, everything sounds good. (Was just forced to listen to Avicii or whatever the ******** his name is on loop. Not the originial either, the skrillex remix. So just about everything sounds delicious.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff